XIM Community

Losing mouse detection  (Read 3410 times)

Offline brcpar

• View Profile
Losing mouse detection
« on: 07:36 PM - 04/19/09 »
Every now and then while in the middle of a game, the software seems to lose mouse (MX518) detection for a few seconds.  During these few seconds, keyboard detection is still functioning correctly and I see my mouse moving on the screen so I figure it can't be the mouse itself.  The software itself doesn't seem to recognize the mouse movements as the UI doesn't show the analog stick being moved.  I never receive any errors and after a few seconds the software recognizes the mouse movements again.  I can't seem to intentionally replicate the problem, and I don't have any other applications running in the background.  Has anyone else seen this type of issue?

I have really only played COD:WaW.  This is what some of my config looks like (I think this actually came from the configs section a while back):
InputUpdateFrequency=60
DeadZone=6700
DeadZoneType=Circular
YXRatio=1.75
TranslationExponent=0.40
SensitivityPrimary=3550
SensitivitySecondary=4050
SensitivityToggle=MouseForward
DiagonalDampen=0.0
Smoothness=0.0

Thanks for any help.

Offline brcpar

• View Profile
Re: Losing mouse detection
« Reply #1 on: 05:52 PM - 04/25/09 »
I'm also now noticing from time to time the triggers will stick in the pressed position until I click the mouse again.  Since both of these issues revolve around mouse detection, I figure they might be related.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:50 PM - 04/25/09 »
Have you considered that maybe your mouse is on the verge of going out?

Have you tried another USB port for your mouse?

Offline brcpar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:51 PM - 04/25/09 »
It has happened while using different USB ports.  I would think if it were either the mouse or the USB ports though that the mouse would also act up in Windows itself as well.  I will, however, try using another mouse to see if this fixes it.  Thanks for the response.

Offline Soks

• Living the dream
    • View Profile
Mouse stops responding
« Reply #4 on: 01:15 PM - 04/26/09 »
Hi guys

My mouse has just starting to stop responding during game play in cod 5 for a couple of seconds then starts to work again

the keyboard however still works when this occurs , i've run a stress test on the xim and it didnt reveal anything 

any ideas as to why this happens ?

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
Re: Mouse stops responding
« Reply #5 on: 03:06 PM - 04/26/09 »
Hi guys

My mouse has just starting to stop responding during game play in cod 5 for a couple of seconds then starts to work again

the keyboard however still works when this occurs , i've run a stress test on the xim and it didnt reveal anything 

any ideas as to why this happens ?

My first and only guess at this time is some kind of background mouse input interruption occurring on your PC. Do you hear any disconnect/reconnect noises when this happens or do you have no PC sound at all during this time? Could be a faulty mouse cable. Play some PC games that use the mouse heavily and see if it happens there too.

Also, any other details will be most helpful.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:23 PM - 04/26/09 »
You're officially the second person to report the exact same problem:
http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=2485.0

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:06 PM - 04/26/09 »
You're officially the second person to report the exact same problem:
http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=2485.0

Good call. Merging...

I'd like to get something like an aida32 or belarc report from both systems but there may be some privacy issues etc.

We will come up with something. I'n the meantime, if you guys do not mind posting a full belarc or aida32 report then go ahead, but it is pretty detailed so only do so at your on discretion at this time.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Offline Soks

• Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:31 AM - 04/27/09 »
Ah sorry guys didnt reaslise something had already been posted about this, reading through his very occasionally i see his trigger sticks too ,this also happens for me but is a pretty rare occurance , id just put it down to lag.

but like the other guy who posted i have only played cod5 really and also use an mx 518(1600dpi)

Config is as below

InputUpdateFrequency=45
DeadZone=7200
DeadZoneType=Circular
YXRatio=2.3
TranslationExponent=0.34
SensitivityPrimary=4000
SensitivitySecondary=6000
SensitivityToggle=Mouseright
DiagonalDampen=0.7
Smoothness=0.0

Running on a dell 24" ultra sharp via vga input

As im using headphones off the xbox digital output i dont hear any disconnect noise if there is one , im closing everything i can think of when i run the xim software too .

I'll look into the belarc report and see what i can do and i'll swap around the ports and try a few pc games

thanks for the help guys  :)

Offline Soks

• Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:01 AM - 04/27/09 »
I'd like to get something like an aida32 or belarc report from both systems but there may be some privacy issues etc.

I have downloaded belarc and run the program it come up with a report doesnt mean much to be tbh lol , like you say there may be some privacy issues so i dont think id want to post it up for general viewing , but could pm it to you or something if thats possible ?

Offline brcpar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:33 PM - 04/27/09 »
I haven't noticed any disconnecting sound, but then again I generally have my speaker volume on my laptop set as low as it goes when I'm playing.  I'll turn it up and play and see if I can get it lose detection.  Is there anything in particular you are looking for in the Belarc report?  I'd be happy to post any important part, but as previously stated, there are parts that contain sensitive information.
Let me know anything else you need from me.

Update: I just played a game of Call of Duty 5 and had the issue happen again, this time with volume on and there was not a disconnect/reconnect sound.  I also was unable to see get this problem to occur on the PC version of the same game.
« Last Edit: 08:41 PM - 04/27/09 by brcpar »

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:40 PM - 04/27/09 »

I have downloaded belarc and run the program it come up with a report doesnt mean much to be tbh lol , like you say there may be some privacy issues so i dont think id want to post it up for general viewing , but could pm it to you or something if thats possible ?

I'm trying to write a support like portal for things like this right now. A real ticketing system that also takes care of privacy concerns. In the meantime, if you two want to email it to me (check my profile) you can do so. -again, at your own discretion. I'll be looking for anything that would possibly hook, or interrupt the hook. Both reports would be great for correlation. Feel free to glean any parts out that you want to obfuscate. I'll mainly be looking for installed drivers, running apps and installed apps at this point.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:19 PM - 04/27/09 »
They're both coincidentally using the same mouse.  Maybe SetPoint is actin' a foo?

Offline brcpar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:02 PM - 06/06/09 »
Just want to give a short update.  I've been running the new version of the software for a week or so and haven't experienced the issue at all.  Granted, I could never predictably recreate the issue, I feel that if there was still an issue, it would have occurred at least once by now.

Unless the other user is still experiencing this issue with the latest version of the software, I think this topic can be closed.

Thanks for all the help.

Offline Soks

• Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:02 AM - 06/07/09 »
Still getting a simliar sort of error im afraid .. but i have starte another topic as it was a different error code

Admin