XIM Community

shipping and reciving xim2  (Read 1885 times)

Offline #47

• View Profile
shipping and reciving xim2
« on: 04:01 PM - 06/03/09 »
just wanted to say a few words on this it more of a heads up . first of all thank you for the fast shipping i ordered alittle over a week ago and the xim 2 was diliverd today but i was't hear to get it but i have it being sent to my work tomorow .

but what i noticed was on the ups paper there is still an other charge $80 to be exact now i uderstand shipping charges but i thought i had paid those when i ordered not only that but the exchange was a bit of a pain in the @#$% now i know theres nothing you can do about that but man after all was said and done ive spent alittle over $300 on this .

of course im gratefull for the fact that i can now play with a mouse and keyboard but man is that pricy.  i dont know if there is any way you can bring the shipping charges down or what but i think its defintily something you guys should look into 

Offline wid

• View Profile
Re: shipping and reciving xim2
« Reply #1 on: 05:37 PM - 06/03/09 »
hmmm..

hope i dont get popped an extra $80.

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:28 PM - 06/03/09 »
Since you're in Canada, the only thing I could think of would be customs charging you. The extra $80 is not from XIM, obviously. The XIM team can't really control what is charged by UPS, Customs, etc.

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:48 PM - 06/03/09 »
i was't blaming xim for the $80 i understand theres going to be certien charges i just cant belive for something that waighs in at 2 lbs its that much. is't there a way to send items as a gift so you dont recive these costs .

any way im happy to be reciving it tomorow but i will definitly be more aware next time i order any thing from the US for a wile 

Offline akaust

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:26 AM - 06/04/09 »
I am also considering ordering to the uk but last time i ordered somthing from the US i was also charged an extra 50 which is calculated as a percentage of the items value declared on the customs form. I would also like to know if the item can be delared as a replacement or gift on the customs form to avoid these extra charges, if so i will order straight away!
« Last Edit: 06:30 AM - 06/04/09 by akaust »

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:16 PM - 06/04/09 »
They cannot mark the XIM as a gift for tax reasons.  If the IRS were to discover they were selling a product but shipping it internationally as a gift to avoid customs fees, they could face serious legal implications.  Unfortunately any and all international customers will continue to pay whatever customs fees are imposed upon your precious XIM, and you'll just have to deal with it.   :-\
« Last Edit: 11:36 AM - 06/05/09 by tweak »

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:04 AM - 06/05/09 »
is't there a way to send items as a gift so you dont recive these costs .

I can't believe that was a serious question.. Anyways! You will find that the XIM is worth investment!

Offline Acc0rd

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79
  • Gamertag: Acc0rd
  • PSN ID: Acc0rd79
« Reply #7 on: 08:40 PM - 06/22/09 »
If you guys have any intl shipping questions I can help with, id be more than glad to help. I work for UPS and actually am the one who handles all of the paperwork for intl boxes going out of our country. Obviously XIM has their paperwork in line but they are right, you cant just put down gift, it has to show exactly whats inside it and how much each thing is worth or the country it arrives in will ding them for it! The only country I know that is super anal about putting exactly every line of information perfectly right is France....go fig. Oh well guess pay the fees and domminate the team!

http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79

www.youtube.com/Acc0rd79 (car reviews now)
Black Magic Intensity Pro
XIM4/XIM Edge/XIM2 :) Im OLD SCHOOL!
Turtle Beach XP500