XIM Community

pc bf3 population  (Read 1387 times)

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
pc bf3 population
« on: 04:55 PM - 03/09/13 »
So i was wondering why so few pc players were playing crysis 3 and cod... from afar it looks like theyre all playing bf3. Went to bf3 stats.com and it shows 52000 ppl online compared to 25000 in cod (im sure its mostly zombies though) and a measely 1500 on crysis 3.

Im just wondering how accurate that bf3stats.com place is... anyone here playing pc bf3 and can confirm that this game is that populated? The number looks a little crazy to me.  If it is ill purchase it for the 2nd time on pc.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline 2o4ch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Daylaroach
Re: pc bf3 population
« Reply #1 on: 05:09 PM - 03/09/13 »
I dont play on pc but a got a bunch of friends that do and from what i hear is the population went up after they patch a bunch of glitches. I do play on ps3 and can confirm this is true on ps3

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:29 PM - 03/09/13 »
the server list is browser based so you dont see how much people are online overall
(or maybe you can but i havent found it so far yet)

but from the browser impression its always pretty full
download the Close Quaters DLC and you got a somewhat close copy of CoD but without all the killstreak stuff

also the game is much better now compared to the first 2 month of release, where lots of balancing and server stuff had to be patched

i miss my infrared-thermal scope though, it was like playing with a cheat :(
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #3 on: 05:36 PM - 03/09/13 »
PC BF3's been on sale a lot lately too. So maybe an influx of noobs?

Also, checked out the site. Confused about how they get their data. For example

"Our database contains currently over 51 million history entries. About 15 entries per player.
About 30k dynamic stats graphics were rendered over 800 million times since start of BF3Stats."

Does a 'history entry' mean changing loadouts, or just BF3stats.com users notifying the sites about their 'status update'?
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #4 on: 06:07 PM - 03/09/13 »
Quite a few people play BF3 on PC, and there's a lot of good players too. It's a popular competitive game, and doesn't really have many issues like BO2 does.

Offline DocB04

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DocB04
« Reply #5 on: 07:25 PM - 03/09/13 »
From what I've seen the PC community has still been in full due to the game constantly being on sale. You can get the core game and all DLC's with the premium pack for 40 bux. That's a steal compared to us that have it on 2 systems or bought it early (or both in my case). Also, the pc bf3 community seems to be diehard fanboys (for lack of a better term). They want the game to be great and continue to play it patch after patch, dlc after dlc to see if it meets their standards or to see if they'll like the newest dlc.

On the forums nobody is happy, but they still continue to play or at least interact on the forums.

I still play it casually but only when friends are online. If you play on pc feel free to add me, username on battlelog is the same as here.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:16 PM - 03/09/13 »
the server list is browser based so you dont see how much people are online overall
(or maybe you can but i havent found it so far yet)

but from the browser impression its always pretty full
download the Close Quaters DLC and you got a somewhat close copy of CoD but without all the killstreak stuff

also the game is much better now compared to the first 2 month of release, where lots of balancing and server stuff had to be patched

i miss my infrared-thermal scope though, it was like playing with a cheat :(

The IRNV scope is still ridiculously good on B2K and aftermath maps.
Xbox Series S
XIM 4
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
ASUS VG27AQ
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:12 AM - 03/11/13 »
End Game is tomorrow!

Capture the flag on battlefield lol. Just hope there's a ramp high enough to jihad dirt bikes into helicopters!
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:03 AM - 03/11/13 »
Does the TrackIR work with BF3? I read it doesn’t but maybe there has been an update?
Crusade atm: none

Souver

« Reply #9 on: 09:47 AM - 03/11/13 »
I do think numbers are accurate on PC. 50K is pretty accurate. BO2 has around 30K players on PC.

Here are some Steam stats:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats

funny enough it appears that CS 1.6 still has more players than both source and GO. And Source also has more players than GO :P

At least Dota2 numbers are absolutely correct in the stats overview.

Admin