XIM Community

XIM setup: Scientific way to un-tweak games input  (Read 6108 times)

Offline SUPRARACER

• View Profile
Re: XIM setup: Scientific way to un-tweak games input
« Reply #15 on: 11:07 AM - 03/12/08 »
This is very interesting. I am curious how this will effect the output of XIM. I may have to tweak again my settings for Halo 3.

John

Thanks for this useful info.

Offline myersn024

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09:59 PM - 03/12/08 »
I got a chance to play some COD4 this afternoon after making the registry changes, and I how it turned out. It definitely felt like the crosshairs were more in tune with the movements of the mouse. I'm still playing like complete crap, but the changes were definitely positive.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #17 on: 10:48 AM - 03/13/08 »
Thanks for the insight Sarcophilus!

I do already have my mouse acceleration turned off.  I think the problem might actually have to do with how autohotkey simulates mouse movement… it just doesn’t seem to work quite right.  I have also tried to use the record feature, but I can’t seem to get it to record my mouse movement.

I did find another program which records mouse movement and provides playback.  This program worked fairly well… unfortunately it was just a demo and it wouldn’t let me edit the scrip.  But XIM interpreted the playback just as if I was moving the mouse myself… well sort of… again once the mouse hit the edge of the screen, XIM stopped interpreting the mouse.

There are a few other programs which I found but haven’t tried yet.  Hopefully this weekend I will find something that works and finally be able to gather some data.

Admin