Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
New XIM Installer
« on: 10:20 PM - 03/09/08 »
Status Update: XIM Installer Availability...

Long story short, get it here and now. Send any feature requests or report bugs to me in a PM or just reply to this thread.

Installer includes:

• XIM Core: A required component and installs the bare minimum.
  • Extra configs: ...for some popular games (Halo 3, COD4, Half-Life, Black) -- my configs so most likely not your cup-o-tea since I like right mouse button tight to right trigger, and left mouse to left trigger... easier for halo3 IMO
  • SDK: You know what this is if it's important to you
  • Toolstick Firmwares: These are for flashed to a toolstick if you are making your own XIM
  • XIMConfig: Notepad replacement for editing .xim files. (Care of Spectra9)
  • PS3 hex edited version of XIMConfig.
  • Options for adding start menu/desktop/quick launch shortcut's
  • File Associations: This adds .xim file extension recognition to window so that clicking on a .xim file or a .xim files link will open that config in XIM
  • Full notpad replacement with XIMConfig (renaming tweak).

Coming Soon:
  • Icon pack for game's .xim shortcuts

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ Download Now ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

Please contact us for installation package.
« Last Edit: 03:46 PM - 12/18/16 by OBsIV »

Offline xPOLESTARx

• www.team-dropouts.com
    • View Profile
Re: New XIM Installer
« Reply #1 on: 06:07 PM - 03/10/08 »
Looks great. Could I get a copy for when I "should" receive my XIM this week sometime :)

Gamertag: xPOLESTARx

Offline spectra9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:47 PM - 03/10/08 »
That's OK with me. The only thing I ask is a link somewhere to http://www.spectra9.com/ximconfig/ximconfig.html so people can find more info about it there

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:46 AM - 03/11/08 »
No problem, Ive already added all your information to the license agreement. I will send you and OBsIV the license agreement when I get back home so you both can go over it (something you guys should have anyway). Its the standard free to use, dont steal, we are not responsible mumbo jumbo. It does grant corporations free use of the application under some simple restrictions though. If you both agree on the same license then its easy.

@xPOLESTARx

If OBsIV agrees to this as a distribution method then It will be hosted on this or another site. (I have a server that has an extra 33TBs of transfers/month I'm not using and another with unlimited transfers but throttled bandwidth. I could donate if you guys really need it.)

Offline xPOLESTARx

• www.team-dropouts.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:29 PM - 03/11/08 »
LINK PLZ?:)

Offline tmeiczin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:30 PM - 03/30/08 »
link to download doesn't seem to be working?

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:30 PM - 03/30/08 »
I've been given permission to only host this download on xim360.com.  I'll try to repost it tonight.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:07 AM - 03/31/08 »
Well I made another version of the installer with startmenu support as well as the Hex-edited PS3 version of XIMConfig but it seems the attachments folder on the server just @#$% itself so it's all gone now.

Cannot access attachments upload path!

This is why everyone keeps getting 404's when trying to download attachments. (all this still unrelated to the database issues, which at least seem to be getting better)

Someone must have moved or deleted the attachments folder. ...or fudged up permissions.

Sooooo, yea.  I'll just keep trying to upload until it works. Sorry guys...

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:56 AM - 04/01/08 »
Well we could submit emails and can email a group of people the attachment hehe.

[email protected]
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline xPOLESTARx

• www.team-dropouts.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:46 PM - 04/01/08 »
Depending on the size I could host it on a ftp...

8)

Offline miraged

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:56 PM - 04/01/08 »
There are also enough free hosters ;).

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:50 PM - 04/01/08 »
The license for the XIM software allows distribution only through approved methods. OBsIV requested that the files be posted only to this site so they can be controlled.

If OBsIV approves, I can host on drop.io (my favorite shared uploader) with a password of "xim360.com" but here is better since you have to be registered to get attachments.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:03 PM - 04/02/08 »
ya but like everyone says, this site is very unreliable in terms of anything working.

Sometimes getting into the site itself is a chore, and the download links break constantly. It's nice having a site, but the ability to get additional tools and software to use with XIM would be handy if there was a reliable way to get them.

Oh well, guess we wait around until the next link works, then people I am sure will snatch it up and then start giving it to people who want it via some other delivery method. Feels like the days of DooM when the little 3.5 disks started appearing like wildfire in programming classes everywhere. :D
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:05 PM - 04/02/08 »
WARNING--- condescending rant forthcoming  ;) ---WARNING

I hear ya nick, I opposed having the site hosted like this... I would have done it differently (read: the right way). 

Yea, I'm being a dick right? let me explain.

I assist in helping people find hosting solutions regularly and I try to keep my clients as far away as possible from ones like these. I RARELY offer my own hosting to clients due to the fact that, even though my servers are far more reliable than this one, I still don't feel comfortable since shared servers are ALWAYS having issues. Experience gives me that knowledge. I warned this would happen when plexx came to the old boards with his cocky "get a real site" posts.

I feel bad for Plexxity in a way... outside of lack of experience, it's not his fault. Its the hoster's fault (armyhosting). He just wanted to help, but he's learning a lot the hard way now how to run a "real site". Rule number one: Nothing is EVER 100% up or secure. Ripping off a SMF theme and not citing the original author doesn't help (bikken, http://www.dzinerstudio.com/demo/index.php?theme=4). (Also, you might want to float the header image to the left and pad it instead of to the right. also, pad with css not more pixels in the image. This way the link div will line up with the site name and the login text wont cover your header.)

The reason I'm so angry about this is because I used to do graphic design/site layout/custom php applications/hosting for a living. I had to find other work since everyone and their mother started hosting and making "sites" with crazy promises for cheap. Promises weren't kept or designs were just stolen or had zero effort put into them and customers get a bad taste in their mouth or expect that kind of solution as the norm.

So now that everyone here has a bad taste in their mouth from situations like this which will make most of you think twice when you need a site... you'll just go with goddaddy hosting and design... Install SMF or phpBB,  find a cool theme and BAM. (= zero money in my pocket, so I chose a new line of work that was more reliable at the time. Hacking  ;D)

So yea my "OMG that guy is a jerk" rant is over. Dennis Leary mode deactivated....

All that crap said, I hope everything gets worked out soon. I'm really interested in the future of XIM(2) and its concepts.
« Last Edit: 04:09 PM - 04/02/08 by OMGsus »

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:01 PM - 04/02/08 »
Attachments are working again.

Thanks Derek, or who ever's managing the system now.