XIM Community

COD:[email protected] Aim assist on or off?  (Read 2208 times)

Offline mcegan

• View Profile
COD:[email protected] Aim assist on or off?
« on: 01:16 PM - 05/22/09 »
Been wondering about this for a while, I've always played with it on with the Xim...which do you guys prefer, or do you notice a difference at all?

Offline Relys

• MVP
  • Master of Computer Science
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Relys
  • PSN ID: Relys
Re: COD:[email protected] Aim assist on or off?
« Reply #1 on: 02:59 PM - 05/22/09 »
I just turned it off a few days ago. I've done just as good without it on, so I would recommend turning it off. (Because every once and awhile the aim assistance will screw your shots up when it tries to track someone that walks past your target).
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:48 PM - 05/22/09 »
I play with it on.  Though like he said, it'll screw you up from time to time, it'll also hang on guys you don't see hiding sometimes and it'll tip you that they're there. 

Offline UnrealChrisG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:11 AM - 05/23/09 »
I keep it on, a lot of times it starts to stick on people hiding that I had no clue where there.  Sometimes it sticks on them through walls! Ridiculous

Offline WizzBang

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x WizzBang x
« Reply #4 on: 07:31 PM - 05/25/09 »
I have it on myself and have recently toyed with it. it really doesn't help or make any noticeable difference to ME anyway...
the reason is if your close enough to "lock on" and aren't already shooting, your probably about to die, or be out maneuvered. usually I hip fire or ADS and then hit a guy, never really notice red crosshairs.
The Price of Leadership is Responsibility.

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #5 on: 04:14 PM - 06/10/09 »
On.
only because everyone else does (it seems) and it's pissing me off that people whack me when they can't even f---ing see me...
at least this way I get my share of those cheapass kills.

Offline mLSSStress

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:03 AM - 07/09/09 »
On, for the reasons people have already stated, and one other:

I love aim assist for no-scoping with a scoped bolt action. Because aim assist causes your crosshairs to drag, there is a technique for no-scoping called the "dragshot" where you literally just pass your crosshairs quickly over the target - your aim will slow and lock right as your shot is centered and with enough practice you'll catch a perfect no-scope every time. If you want to get feisty, try a "spinning dragshot" - best to play around with in a private match otherwise you'll look ridiculous if you miss. Try at a sensitivity between 6 and 10. Spin around, if your target is right in front of you your sight will slow considerably as you are passing your target. Once you get a good feel for when to pull the trigger guaranteed it will work every time.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #7 on: 10:23 AM - 07/09/09 »
With the XIM, I have never been no-scoped by someone... ever. :)

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #8 on: 11:56 AM - 07/09/09 »
I assume you mean by someone using a bolt?

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #9 on: 01:20 PM - 07/09/09 »
Anyone who has a sniper scope - whatever guns they come on (I never use them).

Offline WizzBang

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x WizzBang x
« Reply #10 on: 07:10 PM - 07/10/09 »
On, for the reasons people have already stated, and one other:

I love aim assist for no-scoping with a scoped bolt action. Because aim assist causes your crosshairs to drag, there is a technique for no-scoping called the "dragshot" where you literally just pass your crosshairs quickly over the target - your aim will slow and lock right as your shot is centered and with enough practice you'll catch a perfect no-scope every time. If you want to get feisty, try a "spinning dragshot" - best to play around with in a private match otherwise you'll look ridiculous if you miss. Try at a sensitivity between 6 and 10. Spin around, if your target is right in front of you your sight will slow considerably as you are passing your target. Once you get a good feel for when to pull the trigger guaranteed it will work every time.

I have tried that with mixed results, usually using the mosin nagant for it's power. when I have a good connection or host myself I like to try for it and it goes better. on cliffside it seems if a guy is using jugg, or jugg and second chance, almost always the one shot wont kill them, it's a pisser...your post is motivating me to try it out a little more though :)
The Price of Leadership is Responsibility.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:44 AM - 07/19/09 »
i leave it off for [email protected]/cod4 single player & leave it on for multi.
for every 1 kill it makes you miss in MP, it probably gave you 30-100 you never would have gotten otherwise - you just dont know it!
after alittle while you learn how to let it help you seamlessly like the joystick players instead of fighting it constantly.

little easier to headshot snipe with it off, but i aim high chest with other guns so...
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]