XIM Community

Mouse click responce time.  (Read 700 times)

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
Mouse click responce time.
« on: 07:12 PM - 02/18/13 »
I was doing some testing with my xim3 and mouse combos to help find an error (that turned out to be a blops2 patch problem) and found some interesting results. Swapping between 4 mice and configuring each setting to get the closest feel (dpi differences) one mouse stuck out to me as having a much faster reacting click time. In game it just felt like I was getting shots off much faster no matter the server or weapons used. I then stuck to one single weapon and tested each mouse. That same mouse again resulted in better gameplay and quicker kills. So a quick google brought me here: http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/ and I tested all 4 mice 30 times to confirm my "hunch" and it is correct. I wish I could set up some sort of mechanical way to test this to rule out human error but I did my best to get honest results. Hrmmm

The mice used were: g700, MX510, G5, Microsoft Sidewinder (the latter 3 are just old mice I had laying around for testing purposes)

Test after test the sidewinder on average was apx 15ms quicker in left click response. This was felt in game as well as the firing action was above and beyond the rest. 15ms doesn't sound like much but when it comes to fps, it's a slight advantage imho and could very well be felt. So now what....dissect it and swap the clicker into my g700? Shim the plastic between the mouse click and button? What did M$ do with this mouse to make the click action that much better? This will now be something I will look into when purchasing a new mouse because this sucker clicks quick!
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse click responce time.
« Reply #1 on: 07:50 PM - 02/18/13 »
you sure it wasnt because of a smaller map where theres less lag from the xbox coming
or smaller lobby?

please try some reaction tests on pc, same monitor same pc
anything else leaves a slight "placebo" impression to me
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #2 on: 09:23 PM - 02/18/13 »
They were tested on my PC from the link I posted. I checked each mouse for 15 reactions, back to console, back to pc for 15 more. Trust me I wouldn't have wasted my time but the difference jumped out at me using the sidewinder mouse. FYI my pc monitor is also my xbox monitor. DVI off PC, VGA off xbox and I simply press the input button to switch between the two. On PC the sidewinder also felt faster responding in game with blops1 as I do not own a blops2 pc version. This I just checked maybe 10 minutes ago.

It is NOT placebo that I can assure you. The left click on the mouse is much quicker to respond both by in game feel and my times using any reaction tester found online. I tried to be as consistent as possible exhaling during each reaction test, no blinking and resting my finger in the same relaxed position between all 4 mice. The click action of the sidewinder is faster than the others plain and simple. It's not much as I said around 15ms for me, but quite noticeable when playing in game.
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #3 on: 01:32 AM - 02/19/13 »
15ms is pretty insignificant... good info to know but im not that hardcore. 8ms is the speed a honybees wings flap.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up