XIM Community

playstation3  (Read 1115 times)

Offline tango911

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: smitten druid
  • PSN ID: tango911571
playstation3
« on: 10:38 AM - 02/16/13 »
MY xim edge is NOT being recognised by my psn. I plug adapter into psn(,with controller/mouse/keyboard attached.) press power key on psn,everthing starts up xim flashes several colors,mouse and controller lights up,then it turns off. message on psn says "unknown  device installed " then "press psn key" nothing happens. My controller is a wired x box 360/microsoft 600 keyboard/and a basic microsoft mouse. Ps all these items WORK ok on my pc. ps Is there  a reset button on the xim ,which i could try,would it work ! i did have a xcm adapter attached to the psn ,and that worked ok(,to use with the x box controller) ! could I not have the right updates for the xim ! i have tried several times to fix this ,very frustrating.(driving me MAD) >:(

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: playstation3
« Reply #1 on: 11:54 AM - 02/16/13 »
To confirm, are you saying you are using a wired Xbox 360 controller with your Edge connected to a PS3?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline tango911

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:17 AM - 02/17/13 »
yes.( It a genuine x box controller)plugged in psn controller ,this works ok np. Need to reconfigure keys( in
game) I"ve got a basic mouse,Need to upgrade ,What would u reccommend !

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 10:22 AM - 02/17/13 »
I'm still a little confused. Do you also have a Dualshock3 plugged in too?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline tango911

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:42 AM - 02/19/13 »
ok plugged in psn controller.this works fine,When I plug in my x box controller this does not work at all.  nothing works( i would prefer to use the x box controller instead of the psn controller) ,this has the offset sticks ,which I prefer for flying,more control.                  PS         When I had the xcm adapter for the psn console,and plugged in the x box controller.This worked np. I bought the ximedge  to use with  xbox controller/mouse and keyboard.  I"ve seen videos on u tube with x box controller attached ,and they work no problem. WHY mine does not work I dont know.! I"m just after a solution :'(

Offline Zackipedia

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GriM MagiK
« Reply #5 on: 10:52 AM - 02/19/13 »
You still need the DualShock 3 controller plugged in as well for the XIM to be able to translate the controller to the next controller. By plugging in a Xbox controller, a mouse, and a keyboard into the XIM Edge, there is no device for the PS3  to recognize.
XIM Edge | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei @ 5,700 & 11,400 DPI | Keyboard: Ducky DK9008 Shine II w/ CherryMX Blacks | Mousepad: Steelseries 4HD / Steelseries Qck+ | Headset: Astro A50 Wireless Headset | CoD: Black Ops 2 - HIP: 30.00 / ADS: 10.00

Want to embed a video?
Code: [Select]
[center][flash=720,480]http://www.youtube.com/v/{VIDEO-ID}&hd=1[/flash][/center]

Offline tango911

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:59 AM - 02/19/13 »
 ok  will try this,( keep my fingers crossed) ! ::)thank you.

Offline Zackipedia

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GriM MagiK
« Reply #7 on: 11:08 AM - 02/19/13 »
I responded to a post to you earlier. As far as having a basic mouse, and recommendations, it's really going to come down to personal preference, and how much money you are willing to spend. Personally, I use the Steelseries Sensei, which is around $90.00 USD. While choosing a mouse, you should take into consideration, size, comfort, durability, and what the mouse was designed for. Not all optical mice and laser mice are the same. Also, many people do not take into account the surface that they are playing on and what kind of impact it has on their gaming performance. Be aware that not all mouse pads are the same, as well. I have two different soft mouse pads, a cloth mouse pad, and a hard mouse pad, and every single one of them react differently to my Steelseries Sensei.
XIM Edge | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei @ 5,700 & 11,400 DPI | Keyboard: Ducky DK9008 Shine II w/ CherryMX Blacks | Mousepad: Steelseries 4HD / Steelseries Qck+ | Headset: Astro A50 Wireless Headset | CoD: Black Ops 2 - HIP: 30.00 / ADS: 10.00

Want to embed a video?
Code: [Select]
[center][flash=720,480]http://www.youtube.com/v/{VIDEO-ID}&hd=1[/flash][/center]

Offline tango911

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:27 PM - 03/11/13 »
Just purchased a mouse,at a reasonable price ie razor Abyssus,its got a good dpi and will try this out. Could have bought a more expensive one ,with buttons on the side,but thought  might press these by mistake during play .No point in buying something your not likely to use. Also ordered a cheap keyboard (logitech) The main point of buying the adapter (xim edge) was because I"m used to playing on a keyboard and mouse on a pc. I have got a x box  360,and will be able to use this adapter also. best of both worlds ! I might need a better mouse pad,but I could buy this later on. :)