XIM Community

Aliens: Colonial Marines  (Read 3087 times)

Offline GateKeeper

• View Profile
Aliens: Colonial Marines
« on: 10:52 AM - 02/12/13 »
Anyone found a suitable ST to use yet till one gets released?

Offline McNappa

• MVP
  • He who dares dies and then gets teabagged
    • View Profile
    • Allah's snack bar online
  • Gamertag: McNappa
  • PSN ID: x_McNappa_x
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines
« Reply #1 on: 02:46 PM - 02/12/13 »
I have a perfect ST for it. Go to your bin and insert game. Worst fps ever. Wouldn't even want to take it back so some other poor bastard could experience this utter tripe.
Hardware modder , hardcore DJ , turntablist , Boss , friend , lover , fighter , all round headcase

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:10 PM - 02/12/13 »
Training it tonight. Halo4 gives you pretty good small/medium movement tracking. Crysis 2 gives you better angular movement.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline GateKeeper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:21 PM - 02/15/13 »
Training it tonight. Halo4 gives you pretty good small/medium movement tracking. Crysis 2 gives you better angular movement.

Good to hear mist, looking forward to it. I found that Duke Nukem worked pretty good as well, but will give those a quick try.

I have a perfect ST for it. Go to your bin and insert game. Worst fps ever. Wouldn't even want to take it back so some other poor bastard could experience this utter tripe.

Sorry bud, I have to disagree with you. Having a blast with it. Off the top of my head, i can name at least 5 or 6 (fairly recent) fps titles that are trash, but imho this isnt one of them.

Offline McNappa

• MVP
  • He who dares dies and then gets teabagged
    • View Profile
    • Allah's snack bar online
  • Gamertag: McNappa
  • PSN ID: x_McNappa_x
« Reply #4 on: 02:59 AM - 02/16/13 »
Lol. You must be playin a diff game to everyone else.not flamin at you mate but people like you are why game companies an get away with churning out tripe like this. Tryin to justify your pre order purchase. If it didn't have aliens in the title no one would of bought it. Did you like duke nukem? Gearbox have even apologised for the poorness of this title. PC version is the least glitchy and that's pants as well. Glad I downloaded it and tried it out for free. I don't condone piracy in the game industry. Just wounded I will never get the 2 hours back that I spent playing garbage .   
« Last Edit: 03:07 AM - 02/16/13 by McNappa »
Hardware modder , hardcore DJ , turntablist , Boss , friend , lover , fighter , all round headcase

Offline entropy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:11 PM - 02/16/13 »
Hey mist,

When can we expect the RC ST of ACM?

Thanks.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:27 PM - 02/16/13 »
Working on it today but it's actual release isn't up to me, soon. :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:35 PM - 02/16/13 »
Anyone else notice that the crosshair sways one way and the gun sways the other way when making a turn? Very weird feeling.

Offline entropy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:32 PM - 02/16/13 »
I am noticing weird behavior with the crosshair too but it could be because of the Halo 4 ST I am using. I can never seem to get my sights dead on and every time I try, it feels like the game struggles to get it off target.  Makes no sense I know lol.

Offline GateKeeper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:54 PM - 02/16/13 »
Lol. You must be playin a diff game to everyone else.not flamin at you mate but people like you are why game companies an get away with churning out tripe like this. Tryin to justify your pre order purchase. If it didn't have aliens in the title no one would of bought it. Did you like duke nukem? Gearbox have even apologised for the poorness of this title. PC version is the least glitchy and that's pants as well. Glad I downloaded it and tried it out for free. I don't condone piracy in the game industry. Just wounded I will never get the 2 hours back that I spent playing garbage .   

You don't even deserve the respect of a response to a post like this full of presumptions and assumptions.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:06 PM - 02/16/13 »
I am noticing weird behavior with the crosshair too but it could be because of the Halo 4 ST I am using. I can never seem to get my sights dead on and every time I try, it feels like the game struggles to get it off target.  Makes no sense I know lol.

When I sweep the screen right the gun moves right, the screen moves right, and the crosshair moves left. I guess they added that to make it appear is if the crosshair is being dragged? It's much more apparent when using the ST.

Actually, put your finger on your screen over the edge of your crosshair and swing your mouse to one side, you should be able to see it too. Not sure why they did this, it gives it a sort of detached feel when aiming.

Otherwise the ST is feeling good, you guys should like it. :)

Offline entropy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:16 AM - 02/17/13 »
Thanks mist, I'll give the crosshair weirdness a shot when I load it up next. Looking forward to trying this with the ST.  Have you tried that same ST with the 3rd person Xeno's in multiplayer?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:47 PM - 02/17/13 »
I haven't sorry. I hope it's not different in multiplayer because we wouldn't be able to support it. Matches are only 5 minutes.

Offline entropy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:55 PM - 02/17/13 »
Yep besides you can't play against AI in the MP so kinda hard to do anyway.  Whenever Obsiv releases the ST as a RC, I'll give it a shot. Thank you.

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NekkedBare
  • PSN ID: BRB_Krew
« Reply #14 on: 08:40 PM - 02/17/13 »
Wow, didn't know people were enjoying this game. I'd try it to form my own opinion, but $60 is too much to try something that many many many people say is garbage.
My Roccat Sova review:
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=49911.0

Wi-fi speeds

Admin