XIM Community

Introducing XIM's "Smart" Mouse System Preview  (Read 51136 times)

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
Re: Introducing XIM's "Smart" Mouse System
« Reply #60 on: 07:47 PM - 05/17/09 »
In due time, I don't even own COD5. :)

I do. If you send me the software and tell me what to do, I'd be glad to help out.
I would even sign a nondisclosure agreement if you want...

Offline Relys

• MVP
  • Master of Computer Science
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Relys
  • PSN ID: Relys
« Reply #61 on: 07:53 PM - 05/17/09 »
I'm using 60 with a 400DPI mouse.

I need to get a higher DPI mouse, I can tell that the lower sensitivity in the XIM program, the smoother the control.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 08:07 PM - 05/17/09 »
In due time, I don't even own COD5. :)

I do. If you send me the software and tell me what to do, I'd be glad to help out.
I would even sign a nondisclosure agreement if you want...

lol ok

As for COD4/5. 1 config would likely be all that's needed to cover 4/5 and the upcoming MW2. They're all the same engine and thus far 4/5 control seemingly identical. I don't even have a COD5 config, I just use my COD4 configs.

So it's very likely a 1 time run on this game would net 3 games worth of configs, and I'd bet every dollar I have that MW2 will skyrocket to the top of the live play charts.

So would be cool to do COD before November.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 09:12 PM - 05/17/09 »
I'm sure COD is next on the list, even if configs out there are more than adequate.  After that it's anyone's guess.

Hopefully ODST won't have a new aiming mechanism, and we'll be able to use the current Halo 3 profile for it.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #64 on: 09:32 PM - 05/17/09 »

I need to get a higher DPI mouse, I can tell that the lower sensitivity in the XIM program, the smoother the control.

Wow, 400dpi? Yeah, that's pretty low! And, yes, you'll get better results overall with a higher dpi mouse simply because movement granularity is so much finer with higher dpi. This equates to better control.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #65 on: 09:34 PM - 05/17/09 »
I'm sure COD is next on the list, even if configs out there are more than adequate.  After that it's anyone's guess.

Hopefully ODST won't have a new aiming mechanism, and we'll be able to use the current Halo 3 profile for it.

Yes, I'll likely do COD4 next, and, of course ODST (that's a given for me). I'm not a COD player (I think I fired it up less than 4 times total). I'll need to understand the weapons in COD4 to make a high quality result. Specifically, I need to know what the "equivalent" to Halo 3's BR is in COD4.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Relys

• MVP
  • Master of Computer Science
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Relys
  • PSN ID: Relys
« Reply #66 on: 09:36 PM - 05/17/09 »

Yes, I'll likely do COD4 next, and, of course ODST (that's a given for me). I'm not a COD player (I think I fired it up less than 4 times total). I'll need to understand the weapons in COD4 to make a high quality result. Specifically, I need to know what the "equivalent" to Halo 3's BR is in COD4.

Probably the M16. (Although it's an over powered piece of @#$% that only n00bs use). lol
« Last Edit: 11:19 PM - 05/17/09 by Relys »
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Offline xksilver

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xksilver
« Reply #67 on: 09:38 PM - 05/17/09 »

Wow, 400dpi? Yeah, that's pretty low! And, yes, you'll get better results overall with a higher dpi mouse simply because movement granularity is so much finer with higher dpi. This equates to better control.

Have any idea why i'm at only 8 primary with a mx518 at 1800dpi?
I've installed CPL mouse fix.
I have mouse pointer acceleration off, and the pointer speed bar set the the middle.

And from what i'm reading of other peoples feedbacks, I don't think I'm getting close to their performance.
« Last Edit: 10:02 PM - 05/17/09 by xksilver »

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 10:58 PM - 05/17/09 »

Go for it man i cant wait for the cod 4 and 5 config.

Offline Duggan

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 11:21 PM - 05/17/09 »
I use 10 Sensativity with 2000 dpi 50 Secondary just for Mounted Guns. 
It seems for me at least that 25 and 30 are no different, as in 25 is the max speed for me to go because 50 also seems no different than 25.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 11:57 PM - 05/17/09 »
Oh sure, you can post here, but you can't play Halo with me Duggan...

*sad face*

Offline Duggan

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 02:13 AM - 05/18/09 »
DERAILED!!!!!

I came and played with you!!!!!

Back on Track.

Offline Tarun

• MVP
  • Cheers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 02:54 AM - 05/18/09 »
try 1000 dpi at 25 sensitivy with g9...works sweetness

I have a g9 and was testing it for a couple of hours with 1800/2000 dpi, between 8-12 sensitivity (playing on a 50" screen) way to fast or on occassions to slow for me and couldn't get the precise setting i needed. Also found the vertical movement overally sensitive.

I will definetly try the above but will the low dpi comprimise the performance of the application, as ObsIV suggested a dpi of 2000?

Minor issue i liked the fact you could close the application instantly before

Good to see lots of activity in the forums again 
« Last Edit: 03:15 AM - 05/18/09 by Tarun »

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #73 on: 06:28 AM - 05/18/09 »

All gun behave the same as far as movement goes..

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #74 on: 06:35 AM - 05/18/09 »
This might be of interest for COD4 aiming/gun mechanics - sorry if it has been posted previously.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/632800688/item/

Love the new smart mouse system, looking forward to new profiles as they come!  ;D