XIM Community

Introducing XIM's "Smart" Mouse System Preview  (Read 51335 times)

Offline XanderChaos

• View Profile
Re: Introducing XIM's "Smart" Mouse System
« Reply #75 on: 07:10 AM - 05/18/09 »
Wow, great job with the Halo 3 config! I just downloaded it now, but it already feels smoother and more accurate over my configuration. Halo 3 and L4D were the only FPS games that I had an issue configuring, so this'll really help.
CoD4/5 is incredibly easy to set up, but I guess one of these "Smart" mouse systems would make it easier for XIM newbies.

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 04:37 PM - 05/18/09 »
Have any idea why i'm at only 8 primary with a mx518 at 1800dpi?
I've installed CPL mouse fix.
I have mouse pointer acceleration off, and the pointer speed bar set the the middle.

And from what i'm reading of other peoples feedbacks, I don't think I'm getting close to their performance.

Maybe recalibrate? 

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 08:08 PM - 05/18/09 »
OBsIV, you da man! I'm so glad the XIM was invented by YOU. Very nice work, gonna try out the new system in Halo 3 in a matter of hours. Gonna try it in Halo 2 as well - it's very close to Halo 3 in the controls department... just out of curiosity anyway.

GOOD JOB and Thanks. :)
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb" - Dark Helmet

Offline Gekkebelg

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 01:06 AM - 05/19/09 »
Whith the 0.30 smoothness the mouse movement tends to feel laggy here. It feels more like a softwaremouse then hardware controlled.

yust my thought, mitch

Offline jbizzel

• J BizZel aka ClanKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 01:09 AM - 05/19/09 »
Great job with the new software. Works perfect. I am running 2000dpi @ 35 primary. Love being able to alt+tab now, being that I use the same monitor for my 360 and PC on a KVM switch.

Offline mutejute

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 03:26 AM - 05/19/09 »
can the old version co-exist with this new system? id still like to use the old version for other games.  thanks.

Offline Gekkebelg

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 04:27 AM - 05/19/09 »
can the old version co-exist with this new system? id still like to use the old version for other games.  thanks.

yes you can just swap on the go

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #82 on: 07:48 AM - 05/19/09 »
Whith the 0.30 smoothness the mouse movement tends to feel laggy here. It feels more like a softwaremouse then hardware controlled.

yust my thought, mitch

Those knobs aren't used with the new system. Sounds like you are editing the config directly. You'll want to read the new information in the Default.xim included in the install.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline snooze

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Snooze
« Reply #83 on: 09:13 AM - 05/19/09 »
I received my XIM2 today and im trying to create new profiles by copying default.xim and renaming it to say gears.xim

The problem im having is that when i load these profiles by double clicking them via  the XIM 360 folder im getting these errors:

error: invalid value 'gears'!
errorL section = rightstick

When i try to same game profile names from unspecified they never save.

I get the same thing when I try to change the "Game:" field in the XIM Configuration menu.  Can we not save the name of the config by typing in that field?

Offline dusteh

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 10:40 AM - 05/19/09 »
This is amazing, I just couldn't nail a good Halo3 config with the old system but with this - its nigh-on perfect.

Can't wait for the Battlefield BC update.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 11:07 AM - 05/19/09 »
I get the same thing when I try to change the "Game:" field in the XIM Configuration menu.  Can we not save the name of the config by typing in that field?

I'm pretty sure that's not the function of that box.  It's simply for selecting the games using the new smart mouse system.

Offline mechwar98

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 11:39 AM - 05/19/09 »

yust my thought, mitch

Those knobs aren't used with the new system. Sounds like you are editing the config directly. You'll want to read the new information in the Default.xim included in the install.

You inadvertently answered my question.  Thanks!

Offline snooze

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Snooze
« Reply #87 on: 11:48 AM - 05/19/09 »

I'm pretty sure that's not the function of that box.  It's simply for selecting the games using the new smart mouse system.

Yea, I figured that but it would be cool if that turned into a new config switcher. Just have a drop down to select your config then edit it and save/load.

If that function won't ever be available it might be a good idea in the next version to lock that field so you can't edit it. Might save some headaches later on down the road. Unless OBsIV left it that way for a reason which I'm sure he did. :)
« Last Edit: 11:52 AM - 05/19/09 by snooze »

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #88 on: 11:58 AM - 05/19/09 »
One thing that all the testers experienced was that it felt strange at first because they were so used to their own configs. I encouraged them to keep on using it and, after a couple of days, they all never wanted to go back. :)

Very true!  People need to distinguish between the awkwardness of adjusting to something that feels different, with the actual performance of the new XIMsmart software.  It took me a couple of day to fully adjust to the Beta.

Thanks OBsIV!!!

COD 4, Gears 2, and Unreal Tournament 3 have my vote for the next game.

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #89 on: 02:23 PM - 05/19/09 »
Will the new "smart" system be available for 3rd party programmers?

Will you be releasing a version that allows us to plug in a game and "learn" it?
I really don't see RB6V2 being high on the list and yet it's far and away one of the toughest to nail down... Also, odd as it sounds, I have a wargame I'd like to use XIM2 with and I don't see that ever being configured.

Admin