XIM Community

Introducing XIM's "Smart" Mouse System Preview  (Read 51361 times)

komrad

Re: Introducing XIM's "Smart" Mouse System
« Reply #45 on: 03:59 PM - 05/17/09 »
Awesome job with the new system. Snapping on to targets with the sniper is so much easier and more precise.

Is it possible for the next release to be able to adjust the update rate for the mouse buttons and scroll wheel? I use the scroll wheel to zoom, and it takes a little bit longer to double zoom with the sniper.

Offline mechwar98

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04:34 PM - 05/17/09 »
Under the new system, is it still possible to bind two keys to the same function?  If so, how?

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04:39 PM - 05/17/09 »
In testing the beta, one thing I noticed was that some mice acted differently from others.  Didn't matter if I was using the proprietary software for the mouse or not (i.e. logitech's, razer's or microsoft's drivers).  The Logitech G9 in particular, when I first loaded up the software, I used 1600 dpi and a 25 sensitivity and in game 10, and everything else was default.  500hz for the mouse and middle mouse speed and all that fun stuff.  Still, it was WAYYYY to fast for me to handle.  While small mouse movements were good, simply moving my aim from spot to spot was very hard to control.  

It should be noted that I haven't heard of anyone else experiencing this issue.  BUT if you do, read on:

As with any software, I recommend experimentation to get the feel that you want.  For me, for example, I'm using the software with a sensitivity of 39 and a mouse DPI of 550.  Just feels a bit smoother to me that way.  Maybe it's all in my head, but it's definitely alot easier to control that way.  I started experimenting with the lower DPI settings when I heard about DBLdrew (or is it DLBdrew) using an 800 dpi at 40 sensitivity (again way too fast for me at that sensitivity).

As far as skill level goes, once you get to say...level 45 or 46 or so, it doesn't really matter WHAT your config is or how it feels.  You're going to have to change your brain configuration to get to a 50.  Tactics, lag, hosts, teammates, etc all have an effect.  I recently started a new account in Swat and could pretty much carry my team to victory no matter how n00bcake my teammates were until I got to level 45 and then I hit a BRICK WALL and started losing alot.  I had 22 games in a row that I won at one point running by myself.  I think I'm at level 47 now under my Ub3rnobber account.  My config feels great.  It just doesn't matter.  Some times I'll sit and play for awhile and win 10 games in a row.  Other times I'll lose a few in a row (not 10...let's not get carried away..hehe).

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04:40 PM - 05/17/09 »
Under the new system, is it still possible to bind two keys to the same function?  If so, how?

on this same note, is it possible to bind the mouse axiis to keys (like...for tanks in cod 5).

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 04:42 PM - 05/17/09 »
btw - why update rate of 30???

Funny that it's at 30.  30 is what I used to use all the time for my halo 3 config. Just felt alot smoother than anything else I tried.  Once I dropped it to 30, it was like a magic window opened.  However, I currently use an update rate of 124.  Go figure. 

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05:05 PM - 05/17/09 »
Do we have to uninstall the old XIM software before running this?

Also do we need to recalibrate?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #51 on: 05:06 PM - 05/17/09 »
if you select Halo3 in the dropdown, then edit the config, then save it, then open it up again but this time not selecting Halo3 in the dropdown is the config exactly the same? (hopefully that made sense...)

btw - why update rate of 30???

The file isn't saving correctly if you saved it and when you reopened and it's not identical to what you had before.

The new system needs to be locked to the framerate of the game. Halo 3 runs at 30, COD runs at 60.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #52 on: 05:09 PM - 05/17/09 »
going by the live activity is the right way to go about it.....COD4/5 almost done?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #53 on: 05:44 PM - 05/17/09 »
going by the live activity is the right way to go about it.....COD4/5 almost done?

In due time, I don't even own COD5. :)

Offline MadClown

• Boogle
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MadClown5
« Reply #54 on: 05:56 PM - 05/17/09 »

In due time, I don't even own COD5. :)

well considering cod4 and waw are nearly the same in the controll department you can cheat and just use the same game twice
Tons of damage.

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 06:13 PM - 05/17/09 »
try 1000 dpi at 25 sensitivy with g9...works sweetness

Offline xksilver

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xksilver
« Reply #56 on: 06:23 PM - 05/17/09 »
Anyone using a mx518?
I currently have the primary sensitivity at only 8 any higher like 10 or over would make the system inconsistent at 1800dpi.

Also do you guys feel that the aiming doesn't feel as "crisp" as to your old configurations?
« Last Edit: 06:34 PM - 05/17/09 by xksilver »

Offline xavier_s37

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 06:53 PM - 05/17/09 »
new software makes mtgtopdeck's xim switcher useless. until theres a work around, im going back to the old build, but the new build looks good. just not enough upgrades for me to justify loseing switching configs on the fly.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #58 on: 07:03 PM - 05/17/09 »
Anyone using a mx518?
I currently have the primary sensitivity at only 8 any higher like 10 or over would make the system inconsistent at 1800dpi.

Wow, I use 30 with my 2000dpi mouse.

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #59 on: 07:41 PM - 05/17/09 »
50 primary using a MX518.
buttery smooth.

any chance of dual analog stick support? I like using my right stick if I jump in a vehicle...

Admin