XIM Community

Introducing XIM's "Smart" Mouse System Preview  (Read 52054 times)

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
Re: Introducing XIM's "Smart" Mouse System
« Reply #30 on: 10:07 AM - 05/17/09 »
no..tried it with COD 4 and while if feels good side to side..up down is wonked because halo is a square DZ i would imagine

tried it will KZ2 and works well. better than any of the configs I tried here.
« Last Edit: 10:43 AM - 05/17/09 by cameltoe »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #31 on: 11:25 AM - 05/17/09 »
if you dont play halo, is there any reason to use this??

There are a couple of fixes in the drop too.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline paulrules

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11:29 AM - 05/17/09 »
if you dont play halo, is there any reason to use this??

There are a couple of fixes in the drop too.

Any idea on what game is next?

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #33 on: 11:41 AM - 05/17/09 »
cod 4 of course!!! PLEASE!!

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11:50 AM - 05/17/09 »
One thing that all the testers experienced was that it felt strange at first because they were so used to their own configs. I encouraged them to keep on using it and, after a couple of days, they all never wanted to go back. :)

It was a noticeable improvement overall from the start, though it did take about half an hour to get used to and the vertical movement seems way too sensitive. I haven't tried it yet, but will messing with the settings through notepad break anything? My biggest problem though, is that it takes longer to shut down than the previous version which hurts mtgtopdeck's Ximswitcher.
Also, I'm adding my vote to xavier_s37's for a Battlefield option down the line.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12:37 PM - 05/17/09 »
Any chance for PS3 folks to get in on the testing / game selection?  Love to see how this works on a more challenging config -- say, mmmmmmm, Killzone 2?

Death to Sony and the PS3!!

Offline WizzBang

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x WizzBang x
« Reply #36 on: 12:53 PM - 05/17/09 »
Thanks for the update to it OBSIV we all appreciate it. the adding of alt tab support is cool so you don't have to enter config to navigate. I'd personally love to see COD WAW next that's all I play and probably change my config and setup 5+ times a day hehe
The Price of Leadership is Responsibility.

Offline GreenBattleToad

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01:41 PM - 05/17/09 »

I refer to the new system as "smart" because it actually learns the look mechanics of the game it's targeting. Obviously, this learning phase happens "offline" on my machines where a specialized application I created painstakingly analyzes the game automatically without manual interaction. The entire process takes more than half a day to complete.
New software drop at: http://xim360.com/?page_id=8

Just out of curiosity, do you see this specialized application and process becoming public?  Seems like everyone wants their favorite game to be first in line.  Would it be more practical if the Smart Mouse System users could compile their own games and share their results.  Hope this isnt a terribly naive question.   Either way, thanks for the new software.  Cheers   

Offline MadClown

• Boogle
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MadClown5
« Reply #38 on: 01:43 PM - 05/17/09 »
I actually didn't notice much different from this smart system and my config, the diagonals were a little more proportional and its a little more precise, in other words i like it, works great for me, looking forward to future games being implemented.
Tons of damage.

technogiant

« Reply #39 on: 01:50 PM - 05/17/09 »
I'd love to see a profile for COD3....but I'm not going to hold my breath. Like greenbattletoad said it would be nice if it did go public....but I think that you need hd video capture equipment (as well as a brain the size of a planet).

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02:10 PM - 05/17/09 »
OBsIV has to protect his IP.  If he released the smart mouse system, you'd see XIM clones popping up left and right. 

Offline Shrimpanzee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shrimpanzee
« Reply #41 on: 02:29 PM - 05/17/09 »
I actually didn't notice much different from this smart system and my config, the diagonals were a little more proportional and its a little more precise, in other words i like it, works great for me, looking forward to future games being implemented.
I agree, you're config was by far the best for me. It felt incredibly responsive. My 4-shotting will improve with the "smart system", but I think yours might still be best for SWAT. From my experiences in SWAT, any smoothness will debilitate me.

Offline GreenBattleToad

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02:45 PM - 05/17/09 »
OBsIV has to protect his IP.  If he released the smart mouse system, you'd see XIM clones popping up left and right. 

Completely understood.  Maybe now someone could set up a thread for the community to vote for the next run.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #43 on: 02:55 PM - 05/17/09 »
Maybe now someone could set up a thread for the community to vote for the next run.

I was planning on mainly going from the official XBL activity list (http://majornelson.com/).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #44 on: 02:56 PM - 05/17/09 »
if you select Halo3 in the dropdown, then edit the config, then save it, then open it up again but this time not selecting Halo3 in the dropdown is the config exactly the same? (hopefully that made sense...)

btw - why update rate of 30???