XIM Community

Anyone have g9x for BO2 on PS3?  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Prodeje79

• View Profile
Anyone have g9x for BO2 on PS3?
« on: 10:47 AM - 01/31/13 »
I upgraded to g9x from mx518.  Been on it for months now. I've tried so many different settings: dpi, polling, sense, etc.  I just cannot get my aim back. I do have good games of course.  If you kick @#$% consistently please post all the settings for the mouse and xim you use. I want to try some other profiles. Don't forget to advise what ballistics you use.

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Zombie_Be_Gone
Re: Anyone have g9x for BO2 on PS3?
« Reply #1 on: 08:40 AM - 02/01/13 »
You should have stuck with the G400.. They react differently.

I have the G9X and its collecting dust.. Optical mice seem to be the best choice for gaming and the Edge!

Offline Prodeje79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:26 AM - 02/01/13 »
No problem it was free. Are you sure I should get that one if I can have any Logitech?

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Zombie_Be_Gone
« Reply #3 on: 10:01 AM - 02/01/13 »
Theres lots of things to consider.

Some mice are simple such as the G400 which does not have ROM to save your profile.. The G9x you can. Its more functional. The shape as Od1n said, one is a claw grip and one is a palm grip. Its all on  your play style and what you use it for.

As for tracking and best movements, G400 is a better mouse. There are plently of threads throughout this form on Mice and what is recommended. Weight out what works from other peoples recommendations..

I have 2 reasons for not using the G9x, 1, I have construction hands and 2 it has slight acceleration in the Laser which does not help 1:1 movements..

The G400 contours my  hand like a maxi pad for women, has no acceleration and angle snapping is fully disabled.

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
Anyone have g9x for BO2 on PS3?
« Reply #4 on: 10:40 AM - 02/01/13 »
The G400 contours my hand like a maxi pad for women,

Lol, shakespeare

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:42 PM - 02/01/13 »
I have a g9x, but I game with a Razer Abyssus. Bit twitchy compared to g9x (because of DPI) but any optical mouse will track better, specially on Xim Edge.

However you should configure your g9x like this:

1- Install Logitech SetPoint
2- In the options select a profile with 5700DPI
3- In acceleration put it on 0 (default is 1)
4- Mouse speed do nothing, leave it as it is
5- Polling rate 1000
6- Disable Angle Snapping

Disconnect the g9x and put it on Xim Edge.

Thatīs the best configuration for this mouse, the acceleration should be at 0 and no Angle Snapping. 5700dpi are nice. But remember you wonīt never get as good as with a G400/Razer Abyssus

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:56 PM - 02/01/13 »
get rid of the g9x
you just arent a claw grip player

coming from a mx518 means you are a palmgrip player, therefore you wont be able to properly aim with a g9x
its not the dpi, polling or whatever setting, its just the shape of the mouse that wont let you aim the way you are used to

as already said, g400 is what will make you play awesome again in your case
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Prodeje79

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:13 PM - 02/02/13 »
OK I will get a g400.
I have become accustomed to left and right clicking of the scroll wheel. I think the g400 is missing that. Any other mouse I should consider? What is recommended palm grip that is not Logitech?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:40 PM - 02/02/13 »
left and right mouse scroll isnt really a good idea to use, it makes your aim inaccurate and you also cannot click mouse1 when doing it
not a good idea at all, you should try to get rid of it

however if it needs to be a mouse with palmgrip and this function, the g500 has it for little money
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Prodeje79

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:46 PM - 02/02/13 »
OK I guess I will try. I prime and throw my nades with the left and right scroll click. I am very good with the nades at least. Although it sounds like I will move to a class without nades and secondary.
What do you bind your nades to when u do use them?

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:54 PM - 02/02/13 »
4 (or q) = tac nade
g = lethal nade

Offline Prodeje79

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:07 PM - 02/02/13 »
Interesting. Is that standard? Do you lose some mobility?

Mod edit: woops, hit modify and typed my reply instead of quote. :P
« Last Edit: 10:48 PM - 02/02/13 by Xog »

Offline Prodeje79

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:32 PM - 02/02/13 »
get rid of the g9x
you just arent a claw grip player

coming from a mx518 means you are a palmgrip player, therefore you wont be able to properly aim with a g9x
its not the dpi, polling or whatever setting, its just the shape of the mouse that wont let you aim the way you are used to

as already said, g400 is what will make you play awesome again in your case
I wish someone would have told me to avoid laser and to get a g400. Lol
http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=21953
I hate losing.  I hope this is part of it. I am indeed a palm player.

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:48 PM - 02/02/13 »
Interesting. Is that standard? Do you lose some mobility?

Mod edit: woops, hit modify and typed my reply instead of quote. :P

If I'm moving left. I use my pointer finger to press 4. If I'm moving right. I use my left finger to press Q. I have them both bound to tac nade. :)

I've never felt limited in my mobility to throw a grenade. If you're being fired at and need to move, you probably should be throwing a nade anyway :P

Offline Prodeje79

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02:12 PM - 02/04/13 »
Theres lots of things to consider.

Some mice are simple such as the G400 which does not have ROM to save your profile.. The G9x you can. Its more functional. The shape as Od1n said, one is a claw grip and one is a palm grip. Its all on  your play style and what you use it for.

As for tracking and best movements, G400 is a better mouse. There are plently of threads throughout this form on Mice and what is recommended. Weight out what works from other peoples recommendations..

I have 2 reasons for not using the G9x, 1, I have construction hands and 2 it has slight acceleration in the Laser which does not help 1:1 movements..

The G400 contours my  hand like a maxi pad for women, has no acceleration and angle snapping is fully disabled.

So since the G400 doesn't have ROM like my g9x, what settings will it run with in regards to polling dpi etc?