XIM Community

Xim edge (Opie & Anthony)  (Read 1403 times)

Offline skrapz27

• View Profile
Xim edge (Opie & Anthony)
« on: 01:11 PM - 01/26/13 »
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdNhNe0x9W8

Don't know if anyone has seen this... XIM on opie and Anthony
« Last Edit: 07:07 PM - 01/26/13 by Xog »

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim edge
« Reply #1 on: 06:58 PM - 01/26/13 »
Awesome! I used to listen to O&A all the time :D

I miss their Stoned Spelling B's

They are wrong about the XIM allowing you to turn faster than a controller though, completely wrong :P

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim edge (Opie & Anthony)
« Reply #2 on: 07:09 PM - 01/26/13 »
Nice. Love the first two minutes of him introducing of XIM

2:25-3:15 Awesome moment for me considering I came up with the name Edge :) Even if one side of the their argument is invalid.
« Last Edit: 07:15 PM - 01/26/13 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline mitchy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:30 PM - 01/26/13 »
Stupid people shouldnt voice there opinons, retard knows nothing about using the Xim but thinks we can turn faster? talking about the same playing level, yeah no one uses 3rd party controllers or turtle beach headsets, what a @#$%.

I want to punch that tard till i feel like ive punched the stupidity out of him

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:44 PM - 01/26/13 »
Don't take it personally. This is the opinion of those who are not informed. Notice how he didn't have a rebuttal to the other persons racing wheel argument.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:33 AM - 01/27/13 »
You also have to realize that most of the discussion here was for the radio show, not to legitimately argue about the XIM.

Offline Cybie

• Expert Cutter
    • View Profile
    • Cybie's Youtube Page
  • Gamertag: cybie1111
  • PSN ID: cybie1111
« Reply #6 on: 02:35 AM - 01/27/13 »
We need him to play with us.

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #7 on: 06:29 AM - 01/27/13 »
They're just jelly they don't have as granular a control over their sensitivity and accuracy.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline mitchy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:59 AM - 01/27/13 »
You also have to realize that most of the discussion here was for the radio show, not to legitimately argue about the XIM.

Thats the problem, they have a good platform to voice there opinions with many people listening and they dont know what the @#$% there talking about atleast research it before talking about it or @#$% till u know what ur talking about.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:51 AM - 01/27/13 »
Beginning intro was kinda funny.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:53 PM - 01/27/13 »
Yea, after listening to it I found myself shaking my head at the misrepresentation of XIM and the myopic viewpoint of the anti-XIM guy.

A good example of a XIM not giving an advantage and simply providing a more comfortable and natural interface would be to watch Juicetra. Here's a guy who built a solid following playing the Xbox using the standard MS controller, who does very well using said controller, and who also does equally well using M/KB via XIM.

Unfair advantage? Only if you think skill should be regulated.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:51 PM - 01/27/13 »
I was just as good with a controller as I am with the XIM, I've always had over a 2kd in all of the COD games since MW2 and I didn't get my XIM until after BLOPS released. Good players are going to be good either way. I know a few controller guys that are just as good as I am (maybe even better) using the XIM.

Most people who don't really know much about it just assume it instantly makes you a god like player.

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:42 PM - 01/27/13 »
Which is the point these guys completely miss.

The scrub players that are 3-42 aren't going to pull positive numbers, regardless of their input device. You can't replace good instinct, tactics, or situational awareness - skills that many old-school PC gamers have developed.

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:44 PM - 01/27/13 »

The scrub players that are 3-42 aren't going to pull positive numbers, regardless of their input device. You can't replace good instinct, tactics, or situational awareness - skills that many old-school PC gamers have developed.

Yep. When you watch a lot of these bad players play they don't do terribly because they can't aim fast enough, it's because their instincts and awareness are beyond terrible. They have absolutely no idea what's going on around them unless it's right in front of their face and they constantly get themselves in bad situations that cause them to die over and over.

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:26 AM - 01/28/13 »

Yep. When you watch a lot of these bad players play they don't do terribly because they can't aim fast enough, it's because their instincts and awareness are beyond terrible. They have absolutely no idea what's going on around them unless it's right in front of their face and they constantly get themselves in bad situations that cause them to die over and over.

Agree with both you guys.

I've always said these type of things, cod isn't about aim because of the ridiculous aim assist. It's just awareness, knowledge of spawns, manoeuvring around the map properly + what you guys mentioned. And you can do all that with a controller.... we just prefer to use a m/kb.

That's why xim doesn't give a huge advantage on console COD like some people think it does.