XIM Community

Steel Battalion controller  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Mountainking

• View Profile
Steel Battalion controller
« on: 07:44 PM - 03/08/08 »
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the forums but have been interested in the XIM for a few weeks now. I can see that getting a keyboard and mouse to work on the 360 has been very well documented and am looking forward to starting a project of my own. I do have another idea for it though. I noticed the video of the wiimote being used with the 360, and wondered if it would be possible to use the massive controller from the xbox game "Steel Battalion" with the 360. SB is one of my all time favorite games, but only being able to use the controller for that purpose is kind of a bummer. Someone has already created drivers for it to work on the PC, but I would like to be able to use with with the 360.

Would this be possible? If so, what kind of steps would be required.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
Re: Steel Battalion controller
« Reply #1 on: 08:52 PM - 03/08/08 »
I remember SB, I had a table and everything set up just so I could use that beast of a controller, made of metal. Freaking awesome, too bad there wasn't more to it though great game, but took too little time to beat and then you were out 200 bucks hah. Great times though.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 10:14 AM - 03/09/08 »
XIM can adapt any PC input device to the 360. Xbox 1 controllers (like the one you mention) are, in fact, USB peripherals. Frist step is to look online to see if you can find drivers for it for your PC.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline azeledge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:01 PM - 03/10/08 »
I remember SB, I had a table and everything set up just so I could use that beast of a controller, made of metal.

errrr besides internal parts and screws and the foot pedal covers; the Steel Battalion controller is made out of PLASTIC not metal.
- AzelEdge -
"No matter where you go there you are"