XIM Community

[Q/A] ADS delay - what is it?  (Read 7097 times)

Offline alamriaz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Alamriaz
[Q/A] ADS delay - what is it?
« on: 10:45 AM - 01/07/13 »
 Hi

i am trying to find out exactely what the ADS mouse delay is and how it affects in game??
« Last Edit: 08:37 PM - 08/17/15 by mist4fun »

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: ADS delay - what is it?
« Reply #1 on: 11:08 AM - 01/07/13 »
it's only in games that have an "Aim Down Sight" function, like Call of Duty, BF3, etc.  when you press right mouse, your character pulls his weapon up to look down the sight.

When this happens on console, the game sensitivity slows down, so you can get more precise aim.  But, the game doesn't activate the second slower sensitivity immediately, there is a slight delay from when you push the button, and when that aiming slow down actually happens.

the ADS delay option is there for you to tune the delay on the XIM sensitivity to help match what the game is doing.  The issue is that on Call of Duty games, the delay is different for each weapon type (pistols and SMGs are the quickest, Snipers are the slowest).  This is also affected by perks like quickdraw.  Since there are so many possible combinations, most people find a value that is somewhere in the middle and just leave it there.  I use something around 160 I think, but lots of people use 120 ms. 

Offline AfroDonzy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: AfroDonzy
« Reply #2 on: 11:20 AM - 02/01/13 »
So by raising the number on ADS delay it will speed up the transfer from hip to sight? Not the draw of the gun but from the faster hip aim to sight aim sensitivity?

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:17 PM - 02/01/13 »
raising the delay tells the xim to wait longer before it activates your secondary sensitivity.

if you set the delay to zero, the second sensitivity is activated immediately, as soon as you press your right mouse button. 

if you set the delay to 200ms, then when you press your RMB, you will activate ADS in the game, but the xim will keep your primary sensitivity for 200ms, then switch to the secondary sensitivity.

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:36 PM - 08/17/15 »
Noob question. Why you want a delay for ADS? If yon need to ADS then isn't it better to see your target ASAP?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:37 PM - 08/17/15 »
In some games there is a sync issue between when the look mechanic changes and when the ADS ST activates causing a disconnected feeling. Setting a delay fixes this disconnect. I think threewheels explains it best above.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Johnny

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AAA
  • PSN ID: AAA
« Reply #6 on: 08:31 PM - 08/18/15 »
I use something around 160 I think, but lots of people use 120 ms.

Thanks for this man, added it on my notes. Will defo give it a go, as i never tried it before 😅
United Kingdom / Europe

XIM4 & XIM Edge
- PS4
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- PS3

SETUP
Mouse: Logitech G502
Keyboard: CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid-i (Brown Cherry MX) - Soon
Headset: Astro A40 TR w/ Black Mixamp Pro
Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM