XIM Community

BOPS 2 360 East Coast - 400+ Score Per Minute  (Read 4447 times)

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
Re: BOPS 2 360 East Coast - 400+ Score Per Minute
« Reply #15 on: 02:24 PM - 12/27/12 »
Part of the problem is that if you run in a full group you'll dominant the other team, especially with the randoms you come up against. Once you double cap and sit, or even triple cap, the other team usually melts and the opportunity to actually score goes way down. You wind up milking them for kills, and with a full team I wind up fighting for those kills.

Trying to gauge a player by any metric is going to have it's draw backs. Ultimately the best option is to hop in game and see how they do. Good? Invite/join as you can. Bad? Avoid. Easy.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline ShadowIG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02:35 PM - 12/27/12 »
I don't really play search, I only have a handful of games played. I'm more into hardpoint, demo, domo.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:47 PM - 12/27/12 »
if the measure of being good is 400+. i think im going to smurf mine to 350 real quick.....
#problem solved

it wouldn't be hard.

play 1 game of S&D

then go play league games of S&D. for someone really good at search like shadow. it would only take him 3 league games to smurf a 500spm.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline BillyBootleg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:22 PM - 12/27/12 »
my SPM was over 900. then again, like all metrics, it is very easily manipulated.

stats don't matter.

I think you missed a 0.....

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03:29 PM - 12/27/12 »
na, i would have had to play a a few hundred master league games to go from 900 to 9000.

i quit at 8. that's high enough considering the top 2 in my division were sharing accounts and playing round the clock.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
« Reply #20 on: 04:08 PM - 12/27/12 »
Mines 500+ in every game mode and I wasn't even going for it, 2-3 ppl in a party is enough so you can get more kills. I like playing with ninja because I can run around and kill everyone and not have to worry about the objective. I know he will get to it and hold his own.

Thanks Shadow. At least someone gets it. Sadly people that don't play with us think I am bad, because I don't have good K/D apparently. Even though when I am on objectives I generally can carry a 2.0+ kd relatively easily.

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #21 on: 05:03 PM - 12/27/12 »
Dont worry ninja I think your a great TEAMMATE to have in objective play. Im at the bottom of the barrel for "opinionated" skill. Low 400's spm in kc, mid/high 300's dom and I don't recall my demo or hp. All while using a 5-7 pistol 75% of the time. Every now and then I'll turn on tryhard mode and pull ridiculous games out my a$$ but for the most part, its a g a m e. Winning is priority however.

I like to judge a player by weapons used, kd, accuracy, spm, win/loss and game type played. This gives me a good (idea) what kind of a player they are. Then again, I often party with a guy who is a high kd, high spm player but is just aweful at domination imho. No defence, constant trip caps and spawn flips with no regard for his team. Sure we win 99.8745% of the time (yeah made that up) but usually at a cost of half the team in desperation holding flags down while he runs like a madman getting high kill counts.
I agree with some of the others. Having a strong party in pub can get very boring and fighting for kills doesnt help stats.
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
« Reply #22 on: 06:01 PM - 12/27/12 »
*shrug*

Most people know as i have said...I can carry and pull high KD's if that is my only focus. This usually onlyh appens when I am playing alone in merc moshpit or whatever. just because regardless of objective play my team mates are idiots. So I pull games with scores of like 70/10. But we generally lose.

When i play with my party, I dont even catch myself focusing TOO MUCH on my KD...granted I do at the very least want to break even. But generally I am only worried about the objectives, and making sure I am not winning the game for us, but at the very least contributing to the victory to the best of my ability.

If that means I need to killwhore one round, or suicide objectives, I like to make sure I contribute, and IF we lose then i know I gave it my best effort. Playing with a party is different. because I can count on them to play their roles as well. So I do not mind if I die, because they have my back.

In pubs by myself, I generally just killwhore because I have zero expectations of my teammates doing anything productive...and I am not going to go 11-34 suiciding an objective that noone else has any intention of helping me capture. So I just throw kill streaks and such.

Too me its more fun sitting in the middle of the objective and being in that chaotic environment of fire in all directions..kill 3 or 4 incoming guys, then get taken out...then going back to do it again. When if I wanted I could let team mates hold the objective..and sit back and pick them off from the outside.

Generally though, while I am good at it, people like Dale, and Shadow for example, seem to enjoy the aspect of killing ( please note I am NOT SAYING they refuse to do objectives. They will if they realize help is necessary they are in every way team players). They are good at, and prefer killing and higher streaks in party play. Where me and toys are the objective getters, running low to mid kill streaks Sentries etc.

So we make an excellent team combo. It works out well, and noone is ever kicked in the nuts, or e-peen starts flying.

Now just imagine someone like....Acc0rd as good as Dale is....you would never get Acc0rd to shut up. lol. We have fun, no drama. To me that is the biggest key in the party. The Synergy. And people willing to sacrifice that one kill needed for a score streak, to capture an objective if necessary.

I have even seen Dale, who believe it or not has his off games for whatever reason...but is someone like Steal, or Toys or Myself, are running up the scorestreaks, he has willingly moved to capturing objectives. THAT is what makes a good teammate.

Doing the right things, at the right times.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #23 on: 06:20 PM - 12/27/12 »
Best teammate of all time is............ TUBEnSPRAY 2WiN and he doesn't even use a xim.

He may be terrible, but he hilarious and makes JR rage harder and faster than anyone else can

Offline ShadowIG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06:20 PM - 12/27/12 »
Amen^

And the people that take pubs seriously, well you shouldn't because 90% of the time the opposition doesn't even shoot at you or is to slow to react.

Xbox is for entertainment purposes

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06:26 PM - 12/27/12 »
yeah like the others said it's much harder to get a higher SPM and high scores in general with a full party. I prefer to play with 1-2 others usually. Gives you a challenge sometimes as well when your team mates are garbage and the other team has a clue.

Offline BillyBootleg

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08:07 PM - 12/27/12 »
I think Toys missed the joke, off topic Roll Tide 11 mo days.

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:19 PM - 12/27/12 »
its better than it use to be. it use to be painful in cod4/5. you have a good game with just 1 other good friend on your team and it's an entire night full of "god @#$% it ____; i can't call my @#$% in!". at least now people can split up between AGR, stealth heli and orbital and it doesn't conflict as much.

=D
not that all of us get streaks... i do one every game/every other pushing objectives hard.

idk. i quit doing long killstreaks half way through MW2. it's a combination of frustrating and boring. back then, a lot of us were like dale is now. you could call any tdm/dom/gw match of the night and a nuke would be dropped by whomever loaded it out. but you can't go balls to the wall doing that so after a month you get bored 'cause you want action.

dale plays a lot like tony. very aggressive->passive aggressive, oriented on high kill streaks. he's not selfish in it (neither was tony). ive seen him throw some killstreaks to suicide an objective or leave a high traffic area to cover an objective when a spawn cycles. that doesn't mean he'll do it on a whim throughout the game like someone pushing the objective. that's fine; time and a place for everything. as long as people recognize the time to cut the legs out of spawns, trade kills defending/pushing and trying to streak. they're are no issues.
[/size]

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08:31 PM - 12/27/12 »
I have a 1.49 k/d a 330ish spm, and a .49 w/l on the account I prestiged on... where do I sign up for the 1337 team?

Offline ShadowIG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06:48 AM - 12/28/12 »
Toys, you should look thru some of my recent games and critique my gameplay. I'm curious to know what you think.

Admin