XIM Community

xbox360 mapping both M&K to right trigger at the same time?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline scratchninja

• View Profile
Hi guys! Im new here so sorry if I am posting something that has allready been discussed. However after searching the forum I havent found anything that answers the question I have.

I am currently playing battlefield3 on both xbox and PC, and I just love the way I have set up my keys on the PC and I would very much like to do the same on xbox using my newly ordered Edge.

However to me it seems like I might have overestimated the possibilities of the Edge because I ordered it before I read the manual ::)

What I understand is that the mouse controls the right trigger movements on the controller. I am quite fine with this, but is it possible to add a keyboard button to control the right trigger? In that way I could choose between only playing with keyboard or keyboard + mouse at the same time.

The reason why I am asking this is because I like to fly jets and on PC I do my rolls and pitch up/down with my mouse, but because its kinda tedious to drag my mouse for continuous turns I have also added the pitch up on the spacebar.

So what I want to do on the edge is to add the space button to be added for "right trigger down" as a compliment to the mouse drag, is this possible?

Kind regards!
/scratch :D

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Welcome to the community. As far as mapping two keys to one button, yes you can by setting up a secondary binding in your Config (the drop down on the picture of the controller).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline scratchninja

• View Profile
Hi again! :D
Thanks for your answer, however it didnt really answer my question fully, so maybe you could be kind and explain a bit further, I am unfortunately a bit slow...or maybe its just that I am having bad luck when I am trying to think  :-[

So its possible to map both the mouse and keyboard for a button on the virtual controller.
However is it possible to having both the mouse and keyboard mapped to  the right stick of the xbox controller at the same time, to control the movements?

For instance will I be able to set up my edge in a way that will make it possible to both play with mouse and keyboard but then while doing this use one of the keyboard keys to do a movement that is generally controlled by the mouse?
I use the mouse to aim right. but at certain times I would like to use the spacekey on my keyboard to aim up, but at the same time use the mouse to aim sideways.

This is only meant to be used while flying the jets. I would very much like to be able to use space on my keyboard to pitch the jet up, but at the same time roll the jet around using my mouse. but when I release the spacebutton I want the mouse to control the pitching up motion which is done by dragging the mouse downwards.

Sorry for being such a horrible first poster with noobish questions! :-[

The reason why I am asking is that ive read that its not possible to mapping both the keyboard and the mouse to control the right stick on the xbox controller. And to be able to do this you need an easy transfer cable from my PC to the EDGE and an emulation program? However the thread where this was discussed was to technical for me and I never understood if I would be able to do the things I want to do.

I really appreciate your answer!  :D

Kind regards!
/scratch  :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
However is it possible to having both the mouse and keyboard mapped to  the right stick of the xbox controller at the same time, to control the movements?

No, this isn't possible. Only the mouse can be bound to the right-stick -- sorry.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Phantom Machine

• View Profile
You could change your control setup in-game so WASD controls pitch and roll. That's about as close to what you're looking for as you're gonna get, I think.

Offline scratchninja

• View Profile
Thanks guys for your answers! I appreciate it, even though it wasnt really the answers I was looking for ;)

I guess I will find out what is possible when I get the Edge here.
I have seen some discussions regarding connecting the whole computer to the xim edge with  an easy transfer cable and running some kinda of program called xemulate on the computer that would give som extra possible configuration options.
Would this grant me the mapping possibilities that I am looking for? I.e mapping both the keyboard and mouse for the pitching up motion (right trigger down) ?

Kind regards!
/scratch :)