XIM Community

Tut: N52te Joystick mod with Sony Nav controller  (Read 18589 times)

Offline MrFresh

• Vigilo Confido
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrFresh KC
Re: Tut: N52te Joystick mod with Sony Nav controller
« Reply #60 on: 09:54 PM - 11/18/12 »
http://akishop-customs.com/

Scroll to the 2nd page, you think this would work? to make a custom keypad? They use it to make fighting game controllers.

Offline bebauch

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 02:05 PM - 11/24/12 »
Hey guys,

I wanted to do this MOD for my N52TE but I dont use a XIM I just wanted to replace the dpad with an analog stick for my pc. If I was do this would I still need to use the board on the NAV Controller or could I just swap out the circuit boards with the stick?

Also can you configure this in the software still after replacing it? I have a G13 as well but I dont like the flat layout the curce of the n52te is much more comfortable just using that dpad for movement is rather stiff and more difficult.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 02:13 PM - 11/24/12 »
What is that good for? In games on PC you can set either controller or keyboard/mouse but never both. OK Crysis 1 is the only exeption. If you set the stick to wasd you will have 8 direction instead infinite.
Crusade atm: none

Offline bebauch

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 02:17 PM - 11/24/12 »
It would just be a WASD setup but on the stick the dpad is too stiff to move on the nostrom and on the g13 it's real easy to move. I wanted the ergonomics of the n52te but with the stick the of g13 basically.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 02:20 PM - 11/24/12 »
Try the stick on PC dont now how it works. If you can setup the directions with a program than you will be able when its transplanted.
You might better do the controller version as that I know works with pinnacle software.
Crusade atm: none

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 04:25 PM - 11/24/12 »
http://akishop-customs.com/

Scroll to the 2nd page, you think this would work? to make a custom keypad? They use it to make fighting game controllers.

Ive read about that before. Yes that could propably work with xim, but that circuit board is just too big. I dont think you can fit it inside N52te.

Hey guys,

I wanted to do this MOD for my N52TE but I dont use a XIM I just wanted to replace the dpad with an analog stick for my pc. If I was do this would I still need to use the board on the NAV Controller or could I just swap out the circuit boards with the stick?

Also can you configure this in the software still after replacing it? I have a G13 as well but I dont like the flat layout the curce of the n52te is much more comfortable just using that dpad for movement is rather stiff and more difficult.

You can use this with pc. If you use PS3 or Nav controller, you can use Motioninjoy. Google it. It lets you set your stick to analog or some keys. It can also emulate xbox 360 controller mode.

So then you would be configuring N52te keys normally with N52te software and stick with Motioninjoy.

What is that good for? In games on PC you can set either controller or keyboard/mouse but never both. OK Crysis 1 is the only exeption. If you set the stick to wasd you will have 8 direction instead infinite.
What games have you tested? Ive tried Max Payne 3 and this works with it. It has a native 360 controller support and menu icons change according to what you use. So those will change rapidly if using both on menus, but it doesnt matter anyways. I havent actually played it long with this, just tested few mins.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 04:31 PM - 11/24/12 »
Also Teensy 3.0 joystick code will come propably within a week. If that works with XIM, Ill make a tut how to use it. Or well on pc teensy 2.0 works already so it could be used there now.

Admin