XIM Community

COD pulling  (Read 5375 times)

Offline Rotomianid

• View Profile
COD pulling
« on: 04:23 PM - 03/01/08 »
Call of Duty is now pulling both right and left for me at times when I look up and down, and it only started doing this after I used the wireless mic. Now it does it even tho I'm not using the mic. I know I've seen other people have this problem, is there any remedy?
« Last Edit: 09:42 AM - 03/02/08 by Rotomianid »

Offline vulcan44

• View Profile
Re: COD pulling to right
« Reply #1 on: 04:29 PM - 03/01/08 »
Is your controller still plugged in when this is happening?  If so, it's possible that your aiming stick is pointing just outside of it's deadzone.  Whenever this happens to me in Halo 3 a slight jiggle of the stick will usually bring it to normal again.  You might also try disconnecting the controller entirely after it's initialized.  If the controller is not plugged in I have no idea...

Offline Rotomianid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:37 PM - 03/01/08 »
Yeah I've been leaving my controller plugged in since I first started using it, but its strange that only after I use the wireless headset that I get this problem. Still, I'll try unplugging the controller after I get the XIM going. On a side note, it seems to be helping my playing, hah.

edit: I didn't get what you meant initially, but the problem isn't one of my analog sticks moving while I'm not touching it. A lot of people have had this problem over at the old forums.
« Last Edit: 04:39 PM - 03/01/08 by Rotomianid »

Offline evm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:11 PM - 03/01/08 »
I have a Logitech G9 mouse, an MS XBOX wired controller, and a MS wireless headset.  I have no issues with pulling.  My settings for XIM can be found over in the configuration  section.  I also use the Sniper version of XFPS.

Offline Rotomianid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:29 PM - 03/01/08 »
I have the sniper version of the XFPS and use an MS wired controller as well, though I have an MX518. It happens at random times and I can get rid of it for 30-40 mins by unplugging/replugging the XFPS. It pulls to both the right and left at times, and judging from what I've read on the old forums, it seems to be an inexplicable problem that some people had and some didn't. It really doesn't bother me that much, I just never had this problem before I used the wireless headset.

Offline Rotomianid

• View Profile
Re: COD pulling
« Reply #5 on: 02:45 PM - 03/02/08 »
http://groups.msn.com/XIM/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=1341&LastModified=4675654442714586271
http://groups.msn.com/XIM/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=1435&LastModified=4675655686210592690
http://groups.msn.com/XIM/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=696&LastModified=4675649300462209386

Those are some of the threads on the old forum I found that discuss this problem. The more I play, the more annoying this becomes, especially compared to before I bought the wireless headset and didn't have any issues. Is no one else having this problem? Seems like it was pretty widespread...

edit: I just tried to play COD with a normal wireless controller and it's drifting, just as it would with the XIM...
« Last Edit: 03:53 PM - 03/02/08 by Rotomianid »

Offline myersn024

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:04 PM - 03/02/08 »
Since it's drifting regardless of the controller used, it isn't what I was going to suggest. However, I did have a similar situation happen to me last week. As it turns out, a dog hair had gotten into the aperture on my laser mouse and was causing problems with the tracking. After removing it, everything returned to normal.

Offline Rotomianid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:26 PM - 03/02/08 »
Wireless headset + XIM = demonic xbox. If this problem starts affecting other games I may literally throw my xbox out the window...
[/URL]

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #8 on: 02:04 PM - 03/04/08 »
i did not have this problem until I got the wireless headset....I do not even use the thing and it will still do it..it will just drift up at an angle. I simply move the mouse and it stops but it will randomly start up again. Tried the whole unplugging the XFPS but that did nothing. So its back to the ps3 for me....

Offline Rotomianid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:07 PM - 03/07/08 »
Yeah, a good portion of people have this problem with the wireless headset, it basically [email protected]#$% your Call of Duty game. I haven't used the wireless headset since I noticed this problem and I now get pulling in COD even when I'm just using a controller. I am legitimately considering trading in my xbox and shelling out some more cash for an elite to see if a new xbox would fix this problem, considering I've done a number of things to try and troubleshoot this problem, including removing my hard drive, which still caused the game to drift. Obviously if I bought a new xbox I would NOT use the wireless headset and instead wait for XIM 2, which allows you to use a wired headset.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:29 PM - 03/07/08 »
This is a wierd issue - I want to know what is the serial # of everyone's headset. I'll list mine (works fine, NEVER EVER had this issue ever). I have built 11 Xim's for friends, and they all use the wireless headset and none of them are having this issue. So i'll have to collect the data on them and compare it.

7 have elites
2 have premium's
2 have 1st gen

What really gets me is it happens without the headset afterwords. So is it just a wierd coincidence that it happens like that since most people do use the wireless headset.

Has anyone experienced this problem without it?

I have had 2 issues but they were resettable - l

1 - looking down and spinning around like a mad man out of my control
2 - looking up and spinning around like a mad man out of my control

both were correctable by resetting xfps and xim.

Very wierd ineed.

There has got to be a fix for this - let's see what we can dig up?
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:35 PM - 03/07/08 »
remember Nick i had this problem before I had the Wireless headset, just mine pulled up not to the left or right. . .
Remember this thread?
http://xim360.com/index.php?topic=66.0

mine still pulls up just not as bad as it did with my copperhead mouse.

So honestly I don't think it's the mic at all. That's my honest opinion.

Offline Rotomianid

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:49 PM - 03/07/08 »
remember Nick i had this problem before I had the Wireless headset, just mine pulled up not to the left or right. . .
Remember this thread?
http://xim360.com/index.php?topic=66.0

mine still pulls up just not as bad as it did with my copperhead mouse.

So honestly I don't think it's the mic at all. That's my honest opinion.

Mine worked flawlessly for weeks, until a few seconds after I turned on my mic in a game. While it could be a strange coincidence, my money's on the microphone.

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:07 PM - 03/07/08 »
Well like I stated mine did it from the get go, only way to fix it is unplug and plug back in, and that was temporarily fixed for a match then it went to 10 mins and had to fix it to 5 mins, so it got annoying fast. . .
I live with it now and actually very few times do I notice it. I got it now where it's uber minimal anymore. . . So now im happier than before and don't have to unplug and replug . . .

Offline Rotomianid

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:46 PM - 03/07/08 »
Yeah, I realize if I don't want to drop some coin to try and get this problem sorted out I'm just gonna have to adapt. I've done real well in games and whatnot with it pulling, but I cant help but get pissed off by it, since I previously thought my XIM was pretty much perfect.