XIM Community

Any tips for BO2? I suck... but was great at MW3  (Read 5032 times)

Offline TwistedDNA

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Tw1sted DNA
Any tips for BO2? I suck... but was great at MW3
« on: 07:37 AM - 11/20/12 »
Hey guys, got any tips for BO2.... I can't seem to stop sucking!  :(

I was really good (according to me) at MW3 averaging K/D of ~ 1.7 - 2.

Got any tips on how to improve at Black Ops 2? What's the best gun? What's a great strategy?

I am more of a run and gun kinda guy.

Thanks for your help!

I am using the latest BO2 Release Candidate ST.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
Re: Any tips for BO2? I suck... but was great at MW3
« Reply #1 on: 08:10 AM - 11/20/12 »
flak jacket, toughness, tac mask

Target finder is great if you haven't tried it yet. Play an objective game so you know pretty well where everyone will be. Use cover aka headglitch. You can still run and gun like this, you just run from cover to other cover :P If you are out in the open in this game, with the massive aim assist the controller players aren't going to miss you.

For killstreaks I run UAV, Counter UAV, Space Heater. Space heater is epic for objective games like demo.

Also the most important is probably to play with a team. I haven't played with anyone else yet which is one of the reasons i'm losing a lot of games.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #2 on: 08:33 AM - 11/20/12 »
^ what he said.

Running solo probably won't get any better until the masses of controller kids wise up and stop running around like mad men.  They can't be doing well either.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NekkedBare
  • PSN ID: BRB_Krew
« Reply #3 on: 10:21 AM - 11/20/12 »
I agree you should pay objective games such as domination. TDM is just way too random and i feel like it's more luck and randomness than skill or even being on the better side of lag comp.
My Roccat Sova review:
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=49911.0

Wi-fi speeds

Offline TwistedDNA

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:22 AM - 11/20/12 »
Thanks guys. I will play a different game type and see.

I was good at TDM on MW3. BO2 is frustrating!

Offline TwistedDNA

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:24 AM - 11/20/12 »
Another question, do you guys think the players are more matured on PS3 or Xbox 360?

I swear I came across cheaters on the 360 version!

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #6 on: 11:56 AM - 11/20/12 »
360 players are better don't let anyone convince you otherwise!

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Any tips for BO2? I suck... but was great at MW3
« Reply #7 on: 04:32 PM - 11/20/12 »
360 players are better don't let anyone convince you otherwise!

I agree with this. On games like COD and Battlefield, i found players to be better on 360. I'm not saying that PS3 players suck or that all 360 players are better. But you'll find more competition on XBL.
My Roccat Sova review:

Wi-fi speeds

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:56 PM - 11/20/12 »
IMO you really need to run from cover to cover (head glitch) if that's what you want to call it, I call it common sense but I'm ex military so there you go! I run a higher Hip sens then I've ever used in the past as well because I'm constantly checking my six! More times then not I'll get a kill, turn around and someone's coming up the rear. Use the stupid mini map to your advantage. Another words once you fire your weapon always start searching around your sector cause someones coming 9x's out of 10. I've had times when I'll see someone run by and go out of sight, I'll fire a round then watch for them and sure enough here they come back around the corner. What I'm saying is the maps are soo small everyone's constantly watching for that little yellow blip to chase down. Lure them in and constantly check your six. This doesn't mean you have to camp, just be mythodical as you move around the map. Did I mention USE COVER!

Oh yeah, @#$% PSN! Too many kiddies playing COD no matter which system you prefer (that's why I prefer BF3, but BO2 shows promise for this franchise).
« Last Edit: 05:14 PM - 11/20/12 by RML »

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:09 PM - 11/20/12 »
Use ghost and a wildcard for lightweight, try to get rapid fire as soon as possible, and combine with extended mags. Always run with your team, use them as shields, always shoot, kill, drop a Betty and run away. Something I can tell you is that getting double kills are very hard, so learn how to drop shot while shooting. other than that have fun man, get  a team together with your friends and just laugh how you KD goes to -.99...:)

Offline TwistedDNA

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:24 PM - 11/20/12 »
Use ghost and a wildcard for lightweight, try to get rapid fire as soon as possible, and combine with extended mags. Always run with your team, use them as shields, always shoot, kill, drop a Betty and run away. Something I can tell you is that getting double kills are very hard, so learn how to drop shot while shooting. other than that have fun man, get  a team together with your friends and just laugh how you KD goes to -.99...:)

You got a good attitude :-)

Offline KuzuRanger

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: KuzuRanger
« Reply #11 on: 09:55 PM - 11/20/12 »
Hey guys, got any tips for BO2.... I can't seem to stop sucking!  :(

I can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet, but here is the best tip you'll get:
Wait until they fix the f#cking connection issues.

If you had a 1.7-2 KD in other COD games, the exact same strategy would apply and that shows you know how to play. I had a 2.33 KD in Black Ops and I can barely hold a 1.0 now... and not to mention I had my highest KD in the last game I played (BF3). Obviously my skill does not go up, then even higher, then suddenly drop to less than HALF all of a sudden. The lag is horrendous. 4-bar connections are complete lies. I get a 4-bar in every single game, and yet I lose every single 50-50 encounter. What infuriates me most is when I have a UAV, I'm waiting for the enemy to run toward me, I have cover and ADS as he runs around the wall, then he still f#cking kills me with my bullets magically disappearing on kill cam. This is a widespread issue, as you can see from just looking at the big YT names. Look at those videos, then look at the responses of all the people confirming the same issues. It's real. It may not affect everyone, but it is affecting a large proportion of players.

You will not be good when there is terrible lag, no matter what you do and no matter how you try to adapt. COD is based on speed (firing, awareness, spin, map control, etc.). When you take that away you are left completely handicapped. It would be the equivalent of putting a chain with 300 pounds of rocks to your favorite sports player. Even if they are the top of their sport, the handicap will render them nearly useless in normal (COD) situations.
« Last Edit: 09:59 PM - 11/20/12 by KuzuRanger »
http://www.youtube.com/KuzuRanger

XIM4 / Razer Naga Hex / Move Nav x2 / Astro A40

Offline BillyBootleg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:11 AM - 11/21/12 »
You guys should switch to HC.......
Connection doesn't mean much in there and IMO it shows your real skills. If you can run around like a madman in there and still dominate, your exceptional! Before everyone complains and calls foul "Waaah the campers", deal with it, adapt and overcome. HC CTF is for, as Toys would so elegantly puts it, BALLERS! Personally on the HC side I have loved this game, for those who cry lag for core, I feel you but open up your game and try something different. Also many peoples K/D are down because you can't just get an easy KS to KS to KS. Also if your in a game with me dont lay microwaves or sentries, I will EMP that S*^#.

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:06 PM - 11/21/12 »

Oh yeah, @#$% PSN! Too many kiddies playing COD no matter which system you prefer (that's why I prefer BF3, but BO2 shows promise for this franchise).

I used to be the same but actually i find that as i get older I'm more attracted to games like COD. I mean as a kid i used to like the battlefield franchise .. Because i had time for them. But it's not as casual friendly in the sense that you can't really just pick up and go, so now that I'm an adult with a career and thinking about starting a family, yet still want to keep gaming, call of duty fits my life more. With cod i can play as many as 10 games in an hour, encounter enemies a lot more often, get more action in. Games in battlefield can last up to an hour, a lot of times with a lot less action and a lot less enemy encounters than in one five minute game of cod.
My Roccat Sova review:

Wi-fi speeds

Offline TwistedDNA

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:51 AM - 11/22/12 »

I used to be the same but actually i find that as i get older I'm more attracted to games like COD. I mean as a kid i used to like the battlefield franchise .. Because i had time for them. But it's not as casual friendly in the sense that you can't really just pick up and go, so now that I'm an adult with a career and thinking about starting a family, yet still want to keep gaming, call of duty fits my life more. With cod i can play as many as 10 games in an hour, encounter enemies a lot more often, get more action in. Games in battlefield can last up to an hour, a lot of times with a lot less action and a lot less enemy encounters than in one five minute game of cod.

+1

Admin