XIM Community

unable to connect????  (Read 996 times)

Offline similac95

• View Profile
unable to connect????
« on: 06:23 PM - 04/11/09 »
So i plug it in and it says unable to connect to xim hardware (error 401).  This happens every time i plug it in.  I then have to uninstall it.  Restart my PC.  Reinstal it and then its fine.  But i have to do that everytime i turn the pc back on.  It finds it fine as long as it stays running.  So what should i do cause this is getting old.  Thanks in advance.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: unable to connect????
« Reply #1 on: 07:32 PM - 04/11/09 »
You properly exit the XIM software every time? It shouldn't be necessary to go through those steps to make it work again. If you still have an instance of XIM running in your task manager then make sure to end the task and unplug your xim plug it back in and you should be good to go. It's sometimes picky about what order you do things in.

Offline similac95

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:33 AM - 04/12/09 »
ok so i dont know if this makes any sense at all but it works fine if i start windows in Disable Driver Signing mode it works fine. That make any sense?

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:55 PM - 04/12/09 »
Well duh!  You didn't say you were using 64-bit windows!!  Yes, this is essential for XIM to run on a 64-bit platform.  To automate the process install a program called ReadyDriverPlus.