XIM Community

xim3 start up problem  (Read 775 times)

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
xim3 start up problem
« on: 07:22 AM - 11/18/12 »
I've had my xim3 since the first batch came out in 2011 and it's been great, but now I have a problem where it wont start up when I switch on my xbox. It has done this once or twice in the past, but if I disconnected then reconnected the usb cable to the xbox it started up as normal.

What is happening now is when I switch my xbox on the xim3 does not light up at all .. but if I unplug and reconnect the xbox usb cable my xim3 lights up but the controller only stays on for about 2 seconds and then turns off. The xim3 screen stays on for a few more seconds then powers off. I tried another controller and I also tried the rear usb ports on xbox ... same thing happens. I tried a different usb port on the rear of the xim3 .. same thing. It has worked flawlessly with the same set up for a long time .. help would be appreciated as I'm totally lost without it :(

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: xim3 start up problem
« Reply #1 on: 10:29 AM - 11/18/12 »
Are you using a new TV or video switch? Your Xbox won't talk to its USB ports if there is no video source active.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:24 AM - 11/18/12 »
Ah you nailed it right away OBsIV ... thanks so much  ;D I have been using a Hauppauge HD PVR 2 with hdmi passthrough for a few weeks without any problems ... but when I connected the hdmi direct .. the problem was solved. Oh and I have only just gone and ordered an Edge from the UK outlet too lol .. oh well I'll have a choice now .. thanks again for the quick response and solution  :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:53 AM - 11/18/12 »
Glad to help. :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Admin