XIM Community

Poll

As the title says: Why not call it PIM/PSIM instead of XIM for the Playstation.

I agree
5 (41.7%)
XIM is the proper name.
3 (25%)
Who cares?
1 (8.3%)
If a new XIM is made only for the PS3 it should have that name, not until it does.
3 (25%)
I didnt know that.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Why do we call it for XIM for the PS3 and not PIM/PSIM?  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Jimmarn

• View Profile

As we all know that XIM stands for Xbox360 input machine, i think its just a tad odd that it's called the same for the ps3, I know it was originally made for the Xbox, but now that it works for both I don't mind it changes the name. It doesnt have to chaneg for the XIM1 but I think they are trying to make something that wont need the ps2 adapters and when they've managed that it could change.

Tell me what you think and vote :)

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
Re: Why do we call it for XIM for the PS3 and not PIM/PSIM?
« Reply #1 on: 12:47 PM - 04/06/09 »
Nice job on the logo.

Playstation really isn't supported or a main goal of the builders (at least not yet). So it's never been officially made for Playstation, only works through some creative people finding working adapters.

So I guess until there is an official Playstation model, the XIM name remains.

Offline Jimmarn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:28 PM - 04/06/09 »
Nice job on the logo.

Playstation really isn't supported or a main goal of the builders (at least not yet). So it's never been officially made for Playstation, only works through some creative people finding working adapters.

So I guess until there is an official Playstation model, the XIM name remains.

Yeah, but i think i remember reading somewhere that they were trying to find a way for the ps3 without the ps2 adapter, I'm not 100% sure tho. Thanks for the compliment :) Photoshop is what i do as a hobby.

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:57 PM - 04/06/09 »
That would most likely fall under the category of PSIM if it were ever made.

Maybe one day, but for now it looks like the focus is on supporting XIM2, improving the software, and possibly working on improvements to the hardware.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #4 on: 10:47 PM - 04/06/09 »

As we all know that XIM stands for Xbox360 input machine, i think its just a tad odd that it's called the same for the ps3, I know it was originally made for the Xbox, but now that it works for both I don't mind it changes the name. It doesnt have to chaneg for the XIM1 but I think they are trying to make something that wont need the ps2 adapters and when they've managed that it could change.

We have plans for official support for the PS3. As of now, people are just using adapters to get an Xbox 360 device working on the PS3. I've had some ideas too but I never really discussed them since the Xbox version has always been OBsIV's priority.

P.S. Nice logo  ;D

Offline Jimmarn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:27 AM - 04/07/09 »

We have plans for official support for the PS3. As of now, people are just using adapters to get an Xbox 360 device working on the PS3. I've had some ideas too but I never really discussed them since the Xbox version has always been OBsIV's priority.

P.S. Nice logo  ;D

Oki, I would more than likely make the logo for the device when its made, I could just do some more on the one I got allready, the crossmark, thanks by the way :D

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #6 on: 06:19 AM - 04/07/09 »
A name is nothing.  I'll go to bed sleeping comfortably knowing that my refresh rate is 2x that of a 360 users.....at least on XIM1.  Love.  My.  XIM. 

Or PSIM. Whatever. 

It rules.   

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck