XIM Community

Advantages to Xim2 over Xim 3 / Edge?  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Aceright

• View Profile
Advantages to Xim2 over Xim 3 / Edge?
« on: 01:04 PM - 11/03/12 »
Are there any advantages to the Xim 2 over the 3 or Edge?

* One thing I can think of is that there is no need for an additional controller as the Xim 2 is a controller.

* iirc there were some 3rd party software hacks that provided some joysticks and wheels?

* You don't have to pay for Smart Profiles (kind of like saying, "Since you are too short for the rollercoaster you cannot die on a rollercoaster" back handed compliment--I would pay $20 for a Halo 4 smart profile in a heartbeat, so, uh, yeah.)

* Manual profiles mean you can get it to work for any game w/o the need to buy a Smart Profile (Edge has these as well) and since it is connected to the PC you can make changes and adjustments VERY quickly.

Anything else?

Obviously the Xim Edge:

(1) Xbox 360 AND PS3 support.
(2) Does not require a PC connection during game play.
(3) Most importantly support "Smart Profiles" for the best experience.
(4) Available.
(5) Cheaper MRSP ($179 vs. $89, although you can no longer buy a Xim2 new).

Full Disclosure: I am seriously contemplating getting a Xim Edge but the deal with the wife is I need to move my Xim 2 along first. I LOVE the Halo 3 smart profile on Xim 2 so I am pretty sold on the idea but the question is what do you lose moving off the Xim 2 and, quite frankly, why would anyone want to buy my Xim 2 (even at a steep discount)?

Offline KO Poopstain

• GT: FinchBBQLLC
    • View Profile
    • Ewix
  • Gamertag: GreybeardBBQ
  • PSN ID: Stain21
Re: Advantages to Xim2 over Xim 3 / Edge?
« Reply #1 on: 02:07 PM - 11/03/12 »
I'm no expert on most of the tech stuff on this site, but from what i have read over the years is that the guys who still use the xim2 over the xim3 like that it is more of an open software format style and gives more options on how one can customize everything and since its on the pc it has the ability to things xim3 isn't capable of. However, i think that's why OB went with the xim3 and edge was to keep the general idea that the xim is a cheating device. The Xim2 definitely has the ability to "cheat" more. i own both xim2 and 3. I like the simplicity of the xim3 because im not a software guy...i just wana play and xim3 gives that to me pretty easy.

Offline MadClown

• Boogle
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MadClown5
« Reply #2 on: 12:01 AM - 11/04/12 »
I just went back to my XIM2 today, it just feels more responsive to me and oddly enough, creates less clutter than a full xim 3 setup for me(hdmi on 360 gives serious input lag, so i use vga on my pc monitor because my sexy plasma lacks a vga input).
Tons of damage.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:10 AM - 11/04/12 »
I just went back to my XIM2 today, it just feels more responsive to me and oddly enough, creates less clutter than a full xim 3 setup for me(hdmi on 360 gives serious input lag, so i use vga on my pc monitor because my sexy plasma lacks a vga input).

Long time no see :)

Did you set your tv to game mode/pc mode and use the correct port for these modes?
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline MadClown

• Boogle
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MadClown5
« Reply #4 on: 08:54 AM - 11/04/12 »
Apparently my account is over 4 years old  :o my presence here is a direct correlation with new halo releases lol

My TV never leaves gamemode unless im watching a movie, I dont notice the same amount delay with my ps3 via hdmi, both pass through the same receiver and if I google "xbox hdmi lag" I can see that im not the only one who notices it.  Its very minor and is not noticeable in other genres of games, but whatever amount of delay is there, its throwing off my game.  Not a fault of the XIM3, just the way the xbox handles hdmi, maybe setting it to 720p may help, but for now, im enjoying fiddling around with configs on my monitor.
Tons of damage.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:05 PM - 11/04/12 »
I remember your screen name from the xim2 days.

They both pass through a receiver? That's the problem, unless you meant they both go directly into the tv. If there's a receiver inline troubleshoot by plugging it in direct.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:53 PM - 11/04/12 »
I just went back to my XIM2 today, it just feels more responsive to me and oddly enough, creates less clutter than a full xim 3 setup for me
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:50 PM - 11/04/12 »
lol toys. In all seriousness he's using two different displays between xim2 and xim3. If I read correctly he has an AV receiver inline when using XIM3 as well.

Offline Acc0rd

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79
  • Gamertag: Acc0rd
  • PSN ID: Acc0rd79
« Reply #8 on: 09:23 PM - 11/04/12 »
XIM2 is king, nuff said.

http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79

www.youtube.com/Acc0rd79 (car reviews now)
Black Magic Intensity Pro
XIM4/XIM Edge/XIM2 :) Im OLD SCHOOL!
Turtle Beach XP500

Offline RoskaL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RoskaL
« Reply #9 on: 01:46 AM - 11/10/12 »
well xim2 suits me best as i have my pc and xbox on same monitor with vga switch and saves me having to have to either unplug keyboard/mouse all the time and plug into the xim3 or edge or buy another set of kb/m which errr no lol iv spent enough money on the k/b m i already have

this way all i gottta do is open my xim program and flick switch to be in full xbox mode

simples

Admin