XIM Community

Help with setting Secondary Buttons (ADS + Hold Breath) for sniping  (Read 1073 times)

Offline KuzuRanger

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: KuzuRanger
I’ve searched the forums and seen this discussed several times but not in detail. I know what I'm doing but it's just not working for me. FYI I’m using the Move Navigation controller. This is what I've tried:
1. [Run / Hold Breath] is bound to (Joystick Left-Trigger).
2. [ADS] is bound to (Joystick 9).
3. In “Secondary Button” menu, [Run / Hold Breath] is bound (Joystick 9).

When I try sniping, it just won't hold my breath. I’ve successfully assigned other actions (ex: Reload) to work with 2 buttons so this is beginning to frustrate me.  :-\

Does anyone have any tricks/advice to get this working?

The only other thing I can think of seems illogical; replace [ADS] with [Run / Breath] for main button binding at (Joystick 9) which is #2 above. That would mean having two [Run] bindings but no [ADS], then bind [ADS] in the secondary button menu as (Joystick 9).

Your help is much appreciated fellow XIMmers.

P.S. Just out of curiosity, are there any other button combos that people are using for BF3? I've heard (Jump + Prone) and (Prone + Fire). These may be retarded but I thought of doing (Jump + Knife) or (Jump + Nade).

http://www.youtube.com/KuzuRanger

XIM4 / Razer Naga Hex / Move Nav x2 / Astro A40

Offline KuzuRanger

• View Profile
Sry for the double post.

But please, can anyone help me out here?

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
While not entirely ethical, what you've done should work. If it doesn't work it could be a limitation of the game or your Nav.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline KuzuRanger

• View Profile
Eh? If we consider that we can use just about any key binding, configuration, or setup that we want to on countless numbers of  gaming controllers only meant for PC, of which 99% of the console gaming population does not have access to and thereby are limited to non-customizable configurations, I would think *that* is the part that is unethical.

I am asking because I am used to my button setup of lower left trigger as RUN and therefore find it very uncomfortable and non-efficient to hold both lower trigger and upper trigger on the same controller in order to snipe. These are both bindings I have no intention of switching. Furthermore, I am not a twitch, 720 degree spinning, quick-scoping scrub. When I snipe I only do it old skool; that is, I get in a tactical position, hold my breath, aim for the head, and fire. So asking for this button combination is really just to allow me to snipe regularly, not at an advantage over anyone. But I haven't really sniped since about last winter in BF3... so I was hoping I could try again.

Guess not.

Admin