XIM Community

First Time XIM User - First Dumb Question  (Read 1251 times)

Offline elvman1

• View Profile
First Time XIM User - First Dumb Question
« on: 06:18 PM - 03/29/09 »
Hello All,

I have been playing with my XIM on Killzone for a bit.

I am however having serious trouble trying to remap buttons.  I want to fire with the left mouse button.  So I have R1 set to "MouseLeft".  I am using the ALT 2 Config within the game, the one most similar to COD4.  The left mouse button actually makes me crouch in the game, which is the L2 button on the controller, which is set to "KeyQ".

When I play however, the E key is the one that is firing my weapons.  In my config, I have L1 set to "KeyE". 

I am also using a Razer Deathadder mouse, which works just fine when on the computer.  I just don't get it.  The config looks right, etc, etc.  I have a screenshot I can send to anyone who cares to look.

Any thoughts, suggestions?  Things seem to be a bit backwards.  Am I saving my configs wrong?  They are in my Program FIles\XIM folder where they should be.

Thanks!

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
Re: First Time XIM User - First Dumb Question
« Reply #1 on: 10:46 PM - 03/29/09 »
Make sure to "load" whatever config you want, then set it as your default.  That happened to me at the start as well.  Then, as you tweak, just hit save and go from there. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline elvman1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:04 PM - 03/29/09 »
Interesting.  How do you set it as your default?  Do you overwrite the actual default file?

Thanks for the tip.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #3 on: 07:16 AM - 03/30/09 »
There should be a box somewhere (I'm away from the computer I use for XIMming) that you can check off that says "make default profile" or something like that. 

It works.  Trust me!

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck