XIM Community

KVM Issue  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Joker76

• No asterisks in this lifetime, only scoreboards.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drunkn Joker
KVM Issue
« on: 07:55 AM - 10/24/12 »
Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I am using the IOGear HD KVM with audio (link here) to switch my G500 and QuickFire Pro between my PC and Xbox + Xim3. It will work fine for a couple switches but always produces a green question mark icon on the Xim3 after the first couple.

I've tried using different keyboards, and switching the USB inputs to different slots on the Xim3. I'm 99% sure that mouse and keyboard emulation are disabled, but I've not been able to figure out how to determine if it is for sure. Using the hotkey mode Ctrl-Ctrl, F4+Enter doesn't seem to work for me.

If anyone has any experience with this KVM and Xim3, I'd love to hear some possible solutions to my issue. Thanks in advance.

Offline Sycobob

• View Profile
Re: KVM Issue
« Reply #1 on: 02:55 PM - 11/15/12 »
I had this problem a longtime ago, but unfortunately I can't really tell you what fixed it. Shortly after it started happening I quit using the XIM for several months. I hooked it back up recently for Halo 4 and it hasn't happened again. If I had to guess, I'd say either a firmware issue (update?), or a mouse config issue (make sure no keyboard buttons are bound to buttons on the mouse). I'm using an IO Gear VGA KVM.

On a side note, how is the HDMI KVM when it works? I know emulation introduces input lag. Does disabling it remove the lag?

Offline lc505

• View Profile
Re: KVM Issue
« Reply #2 on: 05:52 PM - 11/15/12 »
Yes quite a few reporting issues with IOGEAR KVMs now. Somebody will probably be along shortly to dispute this and tell you it 100% works and recommend it ;D