XIM Community

sony nav controller wont charge  (Read 10558 times)

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x IInIFaMoUs x
  • PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
sony nav controller wont charge
« on: 05:09 PM - 10/13/12 »
im tring to use it wireless but when i hit the ps button it wont power up the red light wont flash... so i went and bought a new one and it does the same thing no matter what cord i use, no matter if i plug it into pc, or usb wall outlet... i cant get the red lights to flash
Xbox Live ID: x IInIFaMoUs x
EPIC ID: xIInIFaMoUsx
PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
Steam ID: 187lordinfamous
Origin ID: IInIFaMoUs

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Re: sony nav controller wont charge
« Reply #1 on: 05:19 PM - 10/13/12 »
Since you all ready have two Navs I would suggest using this. Its how I roll and I always have a Nav charged!

http://www.amazon.com/Charger-Charging-Station-Controllers-Playstation-3/dp/B004G6KOE6
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:49 PM - 10/13/12 »
yea i bought one last night... i dont think thats the problem though... my computer or xbox should charge the controller... i dont know why its not charging

Offline KnOck

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kn0cK NorriS
« Reply #3 on: 07:32 PM - 10/13/12 »
didnt know wireless worked but dont care:P

Offline HELLRAZOR_uk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:32 AM - 10/14/12 »
Hi try this,unplug your nav if you have it wired at the min,then turn the nav over and get I small pin and press the reset button on the back of the nav and then put the nav straight into your base charger you have bought....it should now charge ...

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:11 PM - 10/14/12 »
when its charging there should be a red light on right? can't beleive the one that i just bought isnt working!! i mean it will play on xim but the red light never flashes, same thing on the old one... i have 3 mov controllers... 1 of them the light flashes... the other 2 which are new the red light will never flash or go solid... i'm getting frustrated...

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:54 PM - 10/14/12 »
when its charging there should be a red light on right? can't beleive the one that i just bought isnt working!! i mean it will play on xim but the red light never flashes, same thing on the old one... i have 3 mov controllers... 1 of them the light flashes... the other 2 which are new the red light will never flash or go solid... i'm getting frustrated...

when you plug the NAV to the computer, do you see windows installing a driver? I always had a PS3 so not sure if you have to pair with a PS3 to get the Bluetooth to work. also did you try doing a reset on the NAV by pressing the little button on the back? I hope you get it figured out.

Offline ogik

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DiaboliCnindza
« Reply #7 on: 05:14 PM - 10/24/12 »
Dude youre drivers arent installed lol...It wont flash the red light until you plug it in the pc and make sure the device is recognized and the drivers are installed. Then it will let you charge it.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 05:28 PM - 10/24/12 »
PC is the only way I'm ever able to get it to charge (unfortunately).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline KuzuRanger

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: KuzuRanger
« Reply #9 on: 05:58 PM - 11/06/12 »
Somewhat related question.

Does the Move Nav controller charge while being connected to the XIM via wired cable to the PS3?

The first few times I tried using it, I realized it had no battery so I had to charge it directly through the PS3. Since then it has worked without me having to charge again, though I would have thought the battery would be dead by now. Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/KuzuRanger

XIM4 / Razer Naga Hex / Move Nav x2 / Astro A40

Offline ogik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:05 PM - 11/08/12 »
Somewhat related question.

Does the Move Nav controller charge while being connected to the XIM via wired cable to the PS3?

The first few times I tried using it, I realized it had no battery so I had to charge it directly through the PS3. Since then it has worked without me having to charge again, though I would have thought the battery would be dead by now. Thanks.

For xbox it wont charge, but since it is made for the PS3 it might...

If you see the red light on or flashing while connected to the XIM via cable, then yes it is charging....

But if you're using your NAV wired then why are you worried about charging it O_o?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #11 on: 04:31 PM - 11/08/12 »
The only way I've gotten a Nav to charge is by plugging into a PC (or PS3, of course). There are some Nav charging docks out there too.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline KuzuRanger

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:13 AM - 11/09/12 »
(1) If you see the red light on or flashing while connected to the XIM via cable, then yes it is charging....
(2) But if you're using your NAV wired then why are you worried about charging it O_o?

1. Thx. I don't recall seeing the red light on when connected through the XIM.

2A. Because it's a huge time waster; probably around 30 min to charge fully. I have very little free time, married with kids and full time job. So I can't realistically just turn on my PS3 anytime I want. I stop playing at around 1am, so I want to turn off my PS3 and go straight to bed before waking up for work early in the morning instead of waiting 30 min to charge a stupid controller.  :-\
2B. Because it could potentially disable mid-game due to lack of battery. Not only would that be frustrating to die like that, but that would mean I would have to stop playing for 30 min just to charge it back up again.

So basically what I do is charge it up directly to PS3 for a few minutes before and after each session. But if I forget to do this, or dont have the time or patience, eventually I will be left with a dead battery which is not cool. So that is why I'm worried about charging it.  ;)

Offline ogik

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:32 PM - 11/10/12 »
(1) If you see the red light on or flashing while connected to the XIM via cable, then yes it is charging....
(2) But if you're using your NAV wired then why are you worried about charging it O_o?

1. Thx. I don't recall seeing the red light on when connected through the XIM.

2A. Because it's a huge time waster; probably around 30 min to charge fully. I have very little free time, married with kids and full time job. So I can't realistically just turn on my PS3 anytime I want. I stop playing at around 1am, so I want to turn off my PS3 and go straight to bed before waking up for work early in the morning instead of waiting 30 min to charge a stupid controller.  :-\
2B. Because it could potentially disable mid-game due to lack of battery. Not only would that be frustrating to die like that, but that would mean I would have to stop playing for 30 min just to charge it back up again.

So basically what I do is charge it up directly to PS3 for a few minutes before and after each session. But if I forget to do this, or dont have the time or patience, eventually I will be left with a dead battery which is not cool. So that is why I'm worried about charging it.  ;)

Man just leave it plugged overnight in the PS3 or PC and let it charge....Then you can use it wirelessly for a week, then repeat the process. Dont get what the big deal is? Nav will be fully charged in a little over an hour, and you can use it for a week of constant gaming (Wirelessly)

Offline KuzuRanger

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:29 AM - 11/12/12 »
Man just leave it plugged overnight in the PS3 or PC and let it charge....

Not gonna happen. That would melt my PS3. It's sitting in my TV stand/entertainment center that doesn't give it as much room to breath as I would like. Besides the fear of actual damage, my wife just hates anything to do with gaming. So no need to throw oil on the fire. But yah, I'll just charge a little every day. But it's still a slight hassle when you expected it to charge since it's physically plugged in already.