XIM Community

Buying Xim Edge Canada  (Read 11230 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Buying Xim Edge Canada
« Reply #15 on: 01:57 PM - 01/03/13 »
FedEx is the courier. They will have information on their site about how long it will take. Although, maybe one of our Canadian customers can chime in about it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Wap101

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:59 PM - 01/15/13 »
Bought the Xim Edge, came through FedEx, bought it Friday afternoon, was at my doorstep Monday morning. I live around Barrie, Ontario. Paid $28 shipping and $23 more for customs. Very quick shipping and tracked the entire way. Can't complain one bit.

Offline alicel9100

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: lxy8339100
« Reply #17 on: 07:45 AM - 01/18/13 »
I am located in Toronto, paid $29 for shipping..and that's it, no other cost, no customs fee... 8)

Offline Corro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:07 AM - 01/22/13 »
Alicel9100, are you sure you did not pay any HST to ship here in Toronto? I looked at some site about checking the custom fee and while it is duty free, it says I still have to pay for the HST.

OBsIV, I dunno how or what you meant by suggest a distributor(or how it works etc.) but I would like to suggest these sites for a possible distributor/seller here in Canada.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/
http://ncix.com/

These stores usually sell stuff that would normally be "hard to find/come by" here in Canada. Heck, I even saw walmart.ca(and currently in stock @ tigerdirect.ca) sell an eagle eye so they might be willing to sell your product for you guys.   

Offline alicel9100

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08:34 AM - 01/22/13 »
Corro: I did pay the tax(GST or HST) for 15 dollar if that counts for customs

Offline Corro

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:23 AM - 01/23/13 »
Ah, ok. I just wanna make sure--since you said "no other cost" but the shipping cost--if I have to pay anything when they knock at my door. I want to have the exact amount when it arrives.

Also, is your shipping method also FEDEX - International Priority? I got worried when I saw the company since I had bad experiences with FEDEX and UPS before  :(

Thanks.

Offline alicel9100

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09:58 AM - 01/26/13 »
Corro:yes, FEDEX - International Priority. it was super fast. 1st day I ordered, the 2nd day I received. FEDEX seems ok to me.. :)

Offline Corro

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03:25 PM - 01/28/13 »
Glad you find them "ok" :) Now, here's my current experience with them...

- Shipped Friday(25th) and supposed to be here today(28th) before 12 pm.
- Waited till 12 pm and still no show so I checked my Tracking.
- Tracking says "Delivery Exception" a.k.a. sorry but [email protected]#$ you! we left.  >:(
- Checked phone for missed calls from Fedex or Buzzer, none.
- Checked at lobby for the Notice and it says it will be on a specific location if I want to get it today.
- Checked Google Map for distance. 17 Km, it's at Lakeshore and Sherbourne, have to take Don Valley Parkway @ rush hour, and it's full of snow outside = re-deliver please?

By the way, how much exactly did you pay for your package when it arrived? Fedex informed me that I need to pay C$23.03! I asked them why and insisted that I should only be paying for HST coz the item is duty free. They told me they have to pay something in advance,--a.k.a. another kick in the groin--C$11.34 for some bs. I hate Fedex/UPS!!!  >:(

So here's a tip for future Toronto/Ontario buyers:

1 - Total Cost is C$141.29 (for me atleast, Scarborough, Ontario) 

2 - Make sure to let Fedex or XIM3.com know your buzzer number if you have one. Thru Xim3.com: Maybe leave buzzer number in the comments section of your order @ checkout. Thru Fedex: Call Fedex as soon as you can track your package(not sure if possible but I don't see why they would not).

3 - Just learned this info today, Fedex guy I spoke on the phone said they deliver your package for the first time at around 8/9 am to 12 pm that day then they drop it ONLY at a FEDEX kinkos/world service center or where the delivery bus came from. Second(or third) attempt, you have to wait from 12 pm to 5 pm.

« Last Edit: 05:31 PM - 01/28/13 by Corro »

Offline Corro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:49 PM - 01/28/13 »
OBsIV, can we get an update about the stores/sites/sellers/distributors I suggested? Additional C$40-50 is just too much! I never spend this much cash on a gaming peripheral and I'm not really a FPS guy if not for playing with my friends! 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #24 on: 04:14 PM - 01/28/13 »
You can always use a reshipper (like Shipito.com) and declare shipment values the way you want (Shipito leaves customs declarations up to the client).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline alicel9100

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01:38 PM - 01/30/13 »
Corro: the exact amount was CAD$15.74 and I still have the bill on my hand. I am taking a closer look now..

Canada GST: $4.44
Advancement Fee: $10.00
HST on ADV/Ancillary Service Fees: $1.30

so the total is $15.74...hope this helps...

Offline Corro

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:50 PM - 01/30/13 »
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

Mine reads...

11.73  -  GST/HST
10.00  -  RODFEE
1.30    -  GST/HST (yes, another [email protected]#$ing GST/HST!)

I told the delivery guy how "My friend only paid HST when we both ordered the same item from the same company with the same shipping method" and he replied with "sometimes customs forget to charge you blah blah blah and sometimes they dont check your package yada yada yada."  >:(