XIM Community

Buying Xim Edge Canada  (Read 11314 times)

Offline Thano9

• View Profile
Buying Xim Edge Canada
« on: 09:50 PM - 10/12/12 »
I really want to buy the xim edge, i'm a PC gamer and just god awful at the xbox controller. When I go to order from the XIM site, there is only one shipping option which is international priority and is a whopping $25.  Is there any other vendor of the xim in canada which I can pay less for shipping?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Buying Xim Edge Canada
« Reply #1 on: 10:53 PM - 10/12/12 »
Welcome to the community. There currently isn't any other shipping method to Canada and we do not have a Canadian distributor yet. However, to compare, if we were to offer USPS International Priority, it would cost $13 and take up to 10 days and have the reliability of USPS (which is very poor). So, for an additional $12, you'll have Edge to your door in 1-2 day tracked and guaranteed.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Thano9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:25 PM - 10/12/12 »
Well ok, thank you for telling me this. Gonna go buy one right now  :)

Offline Geekstra

• www.youtube.com/geekstra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:12 PM - 10/13/12 »
Keep in mind you will have to pay duty fees at the time of delivery for the product.

Offline gill911

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:51 PM - 10/19/12 »
I payed 13 with the priority shipping, and trust me you dont want to wait on thing for like 10 days. Be happy knowing when you order it you will get it the next day. You won't regret it either.

Offline APE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:40 PM - 11/12/12 »
I was going to buy the xim edge but my shipping came up as $54. Change it.

Offline doc911

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: doc911dr
« Reply #6 on: 01:19 PM - 11/13/12 »
Just received mine today. 23 dollar duty brokerage fee hurt a lot on an 80 dollar item.
Still think it is worth it.
Should have Canadian distributor for us northern gamers. :)
doc911

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 01:41 PM - 11/13/12 »
Feel free to suggest a good distributor we could work with in Canada.

Offline darthcliff

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:42 AM - 11/15/12 »
Hi ! im from canada, Quebec and im  interested by the Xim edge but the shipping cost is 54$... more than 50% of product price..  are u able to low the shipping price ? i dont really care if i recieve the xim in 10~ days..

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 10:21 AM - 11/15/12 »
Welcome to the community. This is the only shipping option with have to Canada. We did have a cheaper slower Ground option to Canada, but, unfortunately, we had to remove it due to customers abusing the system resulting in fraud.

The best solution would be a distributor for XIM in Canada. If you have any recommendations for a good distributor we could start talking to, it would be appreciated.

Offline darthcliff

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:23 PM - 11/15/12 »
Futurshop can probably be a good  shop for sell the Xim.... lets me know if you god any  way for low the shippping.. im very interested... im ready  to dont deal with insurances or what evers.. i just cant pay 55$ shipping fees...

Offline sab2488

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:24 PM - 12/29/12 »
I agree. You need to find a distributor ASAP in Canada. If not, somebody else will eat your lunch and take this market away from you. I personally prefer purchasing my electronics from Bestbuy.ca. Please consider. Let us know when you have found a distributor in Canada. Meanwhile I will stop playing FPS with my PS3 :(

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 11:57 PM - 12/29/12 »
I apologize for the shipping costs to Canada. If you are outside certain regions, shipping is double. We have looked for Canadian distributors, but, they didn't agree with our terms (unlike our current distributors to other countries). And, our store used to sell to Canada using FedEx Ground (which was very cheap and reliable), however, we had to remove that option due to rampant fraud. We are still working on figuring out a solution. Despite this, however, Canada is still our second largest customer (US, of course, being the first).

Keep in mind, however, you could always use a reshipper (such as Shipito.com). You can choose the cheapest shipping method to them and then to you (and you are responsible for customs forms and value declarations). This would be cheaper than if we even had a Canada distributor.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:47 AM - 01/02/13 »
I apologize for the shipping costs to Canada. If you are outside certain regions, shipping is double. We have looked for Canadian distributors, but, they didn't agree with our terms (unlike our current distributors to other countries). And, our store used to sell to Canada using FedEx Ground (which was very cheap and reliable), however, we had to remove that option due to rampant fraud. We are still working on figuring out a solution. Despite this, however, Canada is still our second largest customer (US, of course, being the first).

Keep in mind, however, you could always use a reshipper (such as Shipito.com). You can choose the cheapest shipping method to them and then to you (and you are responsible for customs forms and value declarations). This would be cheaper than if we even had a Canada distributor.

Canadians living near the border could always just get it shipped to a mailing place on the U.S. side and pick it up themselves. This is the method I used when I got my XIM Edge :) The service I used is called "Kinek" if anyone is interested in doing a Google search. See if they have a U.S. location near you that you can get the XIM delivered to. Their service only costs $4 per package, which on top of the shipping you pay for from XIM is still hell of a lot cheaper than getting it shipped directly to Canada.  I only ended up paying 5 bucks for Fedex Smartpost shipping and received it quickly.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline alicel9100

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: lxy8339100
« Reply #14 on: 12:41 PM - 01/03/13 »
Welcome to the community. There currently isn't any other shipping method to Canada and we do not have a Canadian distributor yet. However, to compare, if we were to offer USPS International Priority, it would cost $13 and take up to 10 days and have the reliability of USPS (which is very poor). So, for an additional $12, you'll have Edge to your door in 1-2 day tracked and guaranteed.

Hi, I am a gamer also from Canada and I want to order a XIM EDGE for my ps3.
Can you please help with a few question?
I am located in Toronto, Ontario and there is only 1 shipping method: International Priority (No PO Boxes)
Can you please tell me more about this shipping method? like which courier you are using? what is the approximate time for delivery? is it going to provide a tracking #?

Thanks & Happy New Year