XIM Community

Poll

Vote for your favourite XIM Sanctuary? Remember as soon as you post your set-up people can vote for yours too! You can make up to 3 votes

Tarun
8 (7.2%)
OMGsus
18 (16.2%)
Hacksaw1942
11 (9.9%)
Shrimpanzee
6 (5.4%)
mstenger404  
3 (2.7%)
Chris408
2 (1.8%)
Juncti
6 (5.4%)
Denonic
0 (0%)
geo111
2 (1.8%)
organikeith
1 (0.9%)
poppihour
1 (0.9%)
bill16504
2 (1.8%)
UnrealChrisG
4 (3.6%)
Voli
3 (2.7%)
Mr.Magic
1 (0.9%)
IsaaLilley
1 (0.9%)
snooze
3 (2.7%)
edgeX
1 (0.9%)
pharrowboy  
1 (0.9%)
Mithras
1 (0.9%)
S1L3N7 D3A7H
1 (0.9%)
flowzilla
1 (0.9%)
digktialx
3 (2.7%)
LordRupertEverton
2 (1.8%)
handtgrande  
2 (1.8%)
1nfinitum  
3 (2.7%)
SkippyFX
4 (3.6%)
legendboy
3 (2.7%)
MindControlZombies
0 (0%)
StoppableHorse
0 (0%)
Tonester
7 (6.3%)
PIX3L
0 (0%)
fusion
2 (1.8%)
natethegreat
0 (0%)
Buttcheddar
0 (0%)
thebeelzebub
0 (0%)
Balisong
1 (0.9%)
Austin8868
0 (0%)
mist4fun
7 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

XIM Sanctuary - Now with Voting  (Read 53547 times)

Offline Tarun

• MVP
  • Cheers!
    • View Profile
XIM Sanctuary - Now with Voting
« on: 06:37 AM - 03/29/09 »
This is the first thread I’ve created called the XIM Sanctuary dedicated to people showing off their XIM setups, hook ups, custom builds and it doesn’t have to end there.  We’re looking to get PIMPED! Ignite that Imagination to create the best ergonomic environment for your XIM and gaming experience.  

Whether you’re playing from your desk, sofa, swimming pool, who has the ultimate XIM hook up, share your photos, videos, and opinions here.

Once you've looked through the XIM Sanctuary, Vote for your favourite setups and bring some love in the club for peoples efforts. Remember to see your name in the poll just post your setup on the XIM Sanctuary thread and we'll have you on here in a jiffy!

Happy Voting

(Please note names are ordered by setup post date)

P.S. Apologies, Picmatic has gone down and have taken all my pics with them, I will upload new pics once i get my XIM 3

I was looking for style, comfort with minimum clutter and my XIM Hook-Up consisted of the following enjoy

- XIM 2
- L shaped sofa
- Fujitsu Lifebook (borrowed from work, small compact with 3 USB Ports and rests nicely on the arm of my sofa)
- G13 Keyboard (Inc. Tweak G13 Mod and my own G13 Mod http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=1926.msg24753#msg24753
- G9 Mouse
- Laptop fan tray (provides stability and grip for your G13, when you place it on your lap)
- Samsung 50” HD TV wall mounted
- 1 bottle of Jacobs Creek – 2005 Shiraz Cabernet (a matter of preference) 

See my hookup below (just keeping it clean)

The L Shape sofa provides great comfort, you can put your feet up with the Laptop fan tray/G13 resting on your lap and easy access to your preferred beverage. The tray is brilliant in high pressure moments with the fan cooling your sweaty ball sack! A must have for any serious gamer.

Big boy TV

I look forward to seeing other peoples XIM hook ups and sharing your thoughts for the quest for the ultimate XIM enviroment
 8)
« Last Edit: 02:34 AM - 12/04/10 by Tarun »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM Sanctuary
« Reply #1 on: 09:16 AM - 03/29/09 »
- 1 bottle of Jacobs Creek – 2005 Shiraz Cabernet (a matter of preference) 

LOL!
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #2 on: 12:11 PM - 03/29/09 »
By request...

Until my basement is done, the "sanctuary" is temporarily on the kitchen desk. haha. Im used to moving the rig around but this is where it is for the time being.

24" 1920x1080 native 5ms actual (2ms g2g)
APC UPS
HD-PVR
360 via VGA
Computer over DVI
PS3 over hdmi
(Usually, the PS3 sits on the other side behind the monitor but its on the big screen for blu ray stuff.)
Stack of my usual 360 games

All audio routes through the PC and I switch output between speakers and those POS X-3 headphones. (you can see the IR sender over the monitor on the wall.)

The texture of the countertop is great, its one huge mousepad ;P

Everything is going back to the basement once the remodeling is done. I cant wait.

Offline Tarun

• MVP
  • Cheers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:25 PM - 03/29/09 »
As my young brother would say thats a sick setup and tidy, takes me back to my desktop days! Whats the alternate keyboard your using? i like the fact you have time to pic a few strings, whilst your waiting for games to load. Convenient having the storage space above the monitor at least dinners not far away, will be interested to see when you have your final 'Sanctuary' set up.

Cheers for the post  ;)

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:55 PM - 03/29/09 »
As my young brother would say thats a sick setup and tidy, takes me back to my desktop days! Whats the alternate keyboard your using? i like the fact you have time to pic a few strings, whilst your waiting for games to load. Convenient having the storage space above the monitor at least dinners not far away, will be interested to see when you have your final 'Sanctuary' set up.

Cheers for the post  ;)

That's a rock band guitar. I have an ovation electric acoustic and a real fender elsewhere in the house though if that still gets me "cool points" :)

From left to right: g13, cyborg keyboard (meh), MS sidewinder mouse.

Offline Hacksaw1942

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:05 PM - 03/29/09 »
Ok here is mine.
  Westy 37" 1080p
  G15 until I pick up the g13
  Razer Deathadder
  and the Orig XIM waiting on my XIM2 to come in
  QCK+ Steel gaming mouse pad.

Offline NxtGenCowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:50 PM - 03/29/09 »
how do you sit that close with that big of a screen.I have a 28 inch and i find myself pushing it back often.
If its too loud, your too old.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:15 PM - 03/29/09 »
how do you sit that close with that big of a screen.I have a 28 inch and i find myself pushing it back often.

His desk is pretty deep I know it doesn't look it. I'd guess almost twice as deep as the desk in my kitchen. It's also a matter of preference. I had a 30 on my kitchen desk at first but it was just too big for sitting that close.

Once your at 1080p (native), size only matters as much as the distance you sit away from it (and a little bit of preference.)

Offline NxtGenCowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:56 PM - 03/29/09 »
Ah very true. I really didnt look at that picture that well.. That is a similar setup in my room.  I'll have some pictures later tonight.   

Cant wait for the XIM 2 to ship out this week, going to be a long long wait since I am looking forward to it.  :P
If its too loud, your too old.

Offline Hacksaw1942

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:20 PM - 03/29/09 »
It's about 30" from me and I have used it as my computer monitor for a few years now and am pretty used to it.  It's so nice to play games with.

Offline Tarun

• MVP
  • Cheers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:56 PM - 03/29/09 »
Nice job Hacksaw, i like the street fighter background, i have the game on my xbox going to try and play with it tonight with my G13 MOD and analog emulation. How come you have two mouses?

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:22 AM - 03/30/09 »
I will post mine as well as soon as I get my XIM.. It's just not as nice as the three previous "sanctuaries".. lol I'm broke nigga, I'm broke!

Offline Hacksaw1942

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:19 AM - 03/30/09 »
@tarun
  I have a second computer hooked up as well.

Yeah I really like SF4. I have it for the ps3 I am waiting on my sanwa parts to come in to build my joystick for it.

Offline Tarun

• MVP
  • Cheers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:09 AM - 03/30/09 »
Hacksaw - where are you hiding that?  ;D

Offline Hacksaw1942

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:53 AM - 03/30/09 »
The second computer is behind the desk.  I use it as a print server for my wideformat printer