XIM Community

Add... @#$%?  (Read 1316 times)

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
Add... @#$%?
« on: 10:39 AM - 10/02/12 »
So I was just watching. A prominent commentator... and he blamed some things on ADHD... am I the only one that thinks this diagnosis is a load of @#$%? Seriously what's next?
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Re: Add... @#$%?
« Reply #1 on: 10:44 AM - 10/02/12 »
Gaming commentator?  What game?

I has no idea what you be on about my fella buddy.

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
Add... @#$%?
« Reply #2 on: 10:49 AM - 10/02/12 »
ADD and ADHD are legitimate conditions, however their symptoms are easily categorized and generalized. I may show 2 or 3 symptoms of adhd but that doesnt mean i have it - and doctors will still prescribe me medicine for it.

This was told to me by a doctor. He said doctors misdiagnose patients with these conditions way way way too often when they shouldnt, but they do it for the money because they can.

American Medical system. Its how doctors make profits. Not sure if its the same in other countries.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #3 on: 11:12 AM - 10/02/12 »
Sorry tuff can't say his name... Prozac fn nation
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline OHMz

• hmm... ignorance really is bliss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:18 AM - 10/02/12 »

Southpark sums up 90% of kids on ritalin. It is so loosely prescribed its a joke. I do agree that there are kids that do need it but most kids are just full of energy because their lazy parents stuff them with sugary drinks/food and expect their bodies to just shiit out all that energy.

Might have to watch the clip on youtube.
"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine"

-Nikola Tesla

Offline combo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:43 AM - 10/02/12 »
imo way too many kids are diagnosed with this condition, tbh they are probably just naughty kids who haven't had the right (not talking about striking them) discipline due to lazy parents.

The problem then gets compounded by telling the kids they have add or adhd, as they will then use it as an excuse for being naughty.

Back in my days as a child I can remember children being described as "hyperactive" but no add, adhd crap, it's just naughty kids and bad parents, I'm tellin ya....

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
« Reply #6 on: 12:09 PM - 10/02/12 »
I was a kid who needed it... Supposedly Ritalin is supposed to be a speed drug, but whoooooo boy did it slow me the @#$% down. Went from talking about atoms and understanding a good deal of science for my age in the 3rd/4th grade to "@#$%, 2+2... uhhhh.... 4?" From what I've heard, that's more or less the thing that determines if you actually have ADHD, or if your doctor is a douchebag.
Taking me off that was the best @#$% thing that could have ever happened to my ability to cognate at a reasonable rate. And then came the discovery of quantam physics on wikipedia! Good times, good times. Not to mention math homework didn't take me all @#$% night, every night. Soooo much better.

Yeah ADHD sucks. I wasn't a "naughty" kid, so that wasn't the excuse, I just could not sit down for anything. I don't really blame anything for it, at least not to anyone, but there are times even now where me having ADHD has felt like a bit of a handicap. Sure, being able to be book smart is fun and all, but being socially inept sucks @#$%.

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline combo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:42 PM - 10/02/12 »
Yeah I apologise if my post came off offensive, I understand that there will be cases of kids with this disorder and they need to be treated properly.

My opinion is, that kids get labeled with this problem too easily, so a kid who is just naughty may be diagnosed with this too hastily.

Sorry if I offended anybody with my previous post.

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
« Reply #8 on: 01:48 PM - 10/02/12 »
Oh no I'm not offended, I agree that way too many kids are diagnosed. At one point I figured I was the same case, since some of my symptoms phased out as I got older, but then someone told me that Ritalin was a speed and I was like hell the @#$% no it isn't! Then I looked into it more and such, and yeah, ritalin is a depressant for ADHD kids, and kids do grow out of some of the apparent symptoms.

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #9 on: 03:28 PM - 10/02/12 »
When I was a kid it was called "not paying attention" and you got smacked on the back of your head by your dad. Lol

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #10 on: 04:22 PM - 10/02/12 »
Knocked the adhd right outta you.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline ShadowIG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:56 AM - 10/03/12 »

haha

i got beat by so many different things, the 3 worst were
1. wooden spoon(put a candle close to my moms hair that was just sprayed with hairspray to see how fast it would burn)
2. 5 foot dough roller(long wooden stick- this one i was beat by my neighbor for watching his wife shower in the window and then got beat again when i got home)
3. tv outlet cord(pushed the tv and the tv broke so my dad pulled the cord off and i learned my lesson)

and i have no ADD or ADHD
good times though

Offline GODJOEY

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:18 PM - 10/03/12 »

haha

i got beat by so many different things, the 3 worst were
1. wooden spoon(put a candle close to my moms hair that was just sprayed with hairspray to see how fast it would burn)
2. 5 foot dough roller(long wooden stick- this one i was beat by my neighbor for watching his wife shower in the window and then got beat again when i got home)
3. tv outlet cord(pushed the tv and the tv broke so my dad pulled the cord off and i learned my lesson)

and i have no ADD or ADHD
good times though

Man I cracked up when you said wooden spoon... I convinced my sister to split the spoon so next time she got me in trouble this was my fallback plan... See my mom had a very warped way of dealing out discipline she would have the other sibling get the spoon. I smiled yea sis  go get the spoon ;).

If I had any of the things they label kids and adults with today my mother most likely scared it out of me.
I'm warning you, I am a lethal killing machine. It was a secret government experiment. They did stuff to me. Spooky stuff... Anal stuff. It turned me into a dangerous telekinetic. As the ancient Tibetan Philosophy states "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Admin