XIM Community

Quick Question  (Read 649 times)

Offline Joey McCamper

• MVP
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« on: 08:08 PM - 10/01/12 »
Hello ladies and gentleman. Thinking of picking up a XIM Edge pretty as my own birthday present  :P.

The set up I'm the thinking is KB:Nostromo/BlackWidow and Mouse:G700.

I only have one question that I've tried to find throughout the forum and haven't found it yet so I figured I ask the experts.

On games like BF3, you have various controller profiles. For example when you're infantry the controller settings are different as opposed to the controller settings when you fly a jet, or helicopter.

Can you change the settings for the KB+M on the fly (provided you set them up through XIM manager) ?

Lets say I use a key on the keyboard to toggle my settings depending on what I'm doing in the game ?

Thanks again, and if you need any clarification please let me know.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: 08:20 PM - 10/01/12 »
Welcome to the community. Yes you can. Edge supports 16 Configs that you can switch to on the fly.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #2 on: 08:23 PM - 10/01/12 »
Some people have issues with the black widow keyboard, the nostromo is nice though if you want a small form factor. If you want a mechanical switch keyboard there are a lot of other options and quite a bit posted in the forum about them.

Offline Joey McCamper

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:24 PM - 10/01/12 »
Welcome to the community. Yes you can. Edge supports 16 Configs that you can switch to on the fly.

Thank you so much for your help and prompt response.

Those 16 configs are done through the manager correct ? And is it one key that is assigned to switch the configs or different keys ? Example if I press 1 two times would that switch me from infantry to pilot configuration ? Or pressing 1=infantry 2=jet ect ? Or does it work either way depending on how I want to set it up.

Sorry all these questions.

Offline Joey McCamper

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:26 PM - 10/01/12 »
Some people have issues with the black widow keyboard, the nostromo is nice though if you want a small form factor. If you want a mechanical switch keyboard there are a lot of other options and quite a bit posted in the forum about them.

Thanks for the heads up on the Black Widow. I'll do more research on the KB. Can't decide whether I want the nostromo or like you mentioned a mechanical keyboard. Pretty set on the mouse.

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:06 PM - 10/02/12 »
Those 16 configs are done through the manager correct ? And is it one key that is assigned to switch the configs or different keys ? Example if I press 1 two times would that switch me from infantry to pilot configuration ? Or pressing 1=infantry 2=jet ect ? Or does it work either way depending on how I want to set it up.

it will work either way, depending on how you set up your configs.  you can bind them all to the same hot key, and just use that one key to cycle them, or you can bind them all to different keys to switch.. or use a combination of both.