XIM Community

Iphone 5  (Read 23538 times)

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
Iphone 5
« on: 03:47 AM - 09/13/12 »
So it may be a little early but after the unveil just wondering what general thoughts on the phone are. Any excitement, disappointment etc. Looks like they made some nice improvements to me even though I don't do apple.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Iphone 5
« Reply #1 on: 04:20 AM - 09/13/12 »
Did not knock me off the chair. I will get it as I skipped the 4S. I liked the 3G design more than the edgy one.
Crusade atm: none

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:43 AM - 09/13/12 »
4g & a slightly bigger screen... Meh. Then again I'm not an iPhone guy. My wife loves hers, tho, so I'll get it for her.

Offline th3darkmarket

• Gym Rat Gamer
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: tightpantstom
  • PSN ID: tightpantstom
Iphone 5
« Reply #3 on: 04:50 AM - 09/13/12 »
I've been loyal to the iPhone since the first gen but this one in my hand will be the last. I'll just go with a mediocre android phone and a nice tablet next go around. What kept me with them this long was my ridiculous investment in apps lol.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #4 on: 05:00 AM - 09/13/12 »
Nothing innovative with the iPhone 5. It was really a let down. All they've done is attempted to catch up with technology that's been on Android & Windows phones for this past year. But now the new Lumia is coming out, and it's going to blow away the iPhone.

Offline Atomfire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:09 AM - 09/13/12 »
I have had all the iPhone's since the 3g and have been waiting for this iPhone to be announced before renewing my phone (contact was up in June). I don't see anything that justifies the high price of the iPhone on this new model and have just ordered the Samsung s3.
Xbox 4 500GB HDD
24" LG LED Monitor
Xim4
Logitech G13 Keyboard
Deathadder Mouse
Tritton AX Pro 5.1 Suround Headphones

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:09 AM - 09/13/12 »
I didnít follow Nokia, what will it blow the Iphone away with? I just know Nokia has to bring something great or they are off the screen.
Crusade atm: none

Souver

« Reply #7 on: 05:09 AM - 09/13/12 »
I like it, I also skipped 4 / 4s so I will likely get it, but only if its Jealbreakable. One thing I hate for sure- is the Apple software Prison and dictatorship. If you know how many apps they didnt approve (Firefox etc.). Apples software politics are very questionable in my book. So either jailbreak or no thx.

For the record, I like the edgy design better than 3G design- tastes are different.

As of innovation- I dunno there is only so much you can do with a phone, and most of the stuff they can do already. So Im fine with the functions. Only thing I hope is that the battery lasts longer than 1-2 days.

Offline Atomfire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:19 AM - 09/13/12 »
The iPhone 4 had major reception issues, the 4S was better but I still have issues. I have seen reports that they believe the iPhone 5 will be better but still expect some issues due to grounding. As for battery there is no battery upgrade from the 4S so expect 1 day hard use, 1.5 days medium use, 2 days very light use.
Xbox 4 500GB HDD
24" LG LED Monitor
Xim4
Logitech G13 Keyboard
Deathadder Mouse
Tritton AX Pro 5.1 Suround Headphones

Souver

« Reply #9 on: 05:26 AM - 09/13/12 »
Alright thanks. Generally the iphones are very reliable and stable in terms of software and easy to use, thats what their main strengh allways was. And they get regular updates. iphone hardware was allways top notch. Dont know how good windows/android phones are. Only tested a cheaper android phone and it was ok for the price. But the software android 2.2 I think, was a little bit primitive. I know its better now.

Wouldnt want a bigger phone than the 4" iphone, cause then its almost like half tablet pc and looses its mobility aspect.

Offline SiNister

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:54 AM - 09/13/12 »
I wouldn't trust the new nokia lumia after this recent article http://afr.com/p/technology/phoney_lumia_ad_poor_reflection_G1fdnFQvjUyTV9QDjyJfvJ

what a fail on Nokia's behalf.

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #11 on: 06:42 AM - 09/13/12 »
Hold the bus Apple sued Samsung over copyright infringement suggesting the Galaxy phones and their tablets were a direct copy of the Iphone and tablet.
However Apple didn't sue anyone else whos phones or tablets look the same, so why sue Samsung simple they were being outsold 3 to 1.

I would hold off on getting this due to the fact that 4g patents are all owned by Samsung its their baby and their invention and Samsung have filled a law suit against Apple claiming patent infringement.
Who knows if the 4g will even work on the Apple due to Samsung holding that trump card.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #12 on: 07:18 AM - 09/13/12 »
Yeah and Samsung makes a lot of the iPhone parts lol.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #13 on: 07:36 AM - 09/13/12 »
I've always loved iPhone hardware, other manufacturers should take notes. No other phone feels as premium in the hand. The 5 looks really nice. I had the original and the 3g.

Their OS is rather dated though in my opinion. I love the android OS. The flexibility is great. Things you can do with apps like Tasker is awesome.

If windows phone, windows 8, and xbox become more tightly integrated with each other i might jump ship to them though.

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:48 AM - 09/13/12 »
Hold the bus Apple sued Samsung over copyright infringement suggesting the Galaxy phones and their tablets were a direct copy of the Iphone and tablet.
However Apple didn't sue anyone else whos phones or tablets look the same, so why sue Samsung simple they were being outsold 3 to 1.

I would hold off on getting this due to the fact that 4g patents are all owned by Samsung its their baby and their invention and Samsung have filled a law suit against Apple claiming patent infringement.
Who knows if the 4g will even work on the Apple due to Samsung holding that trump card.

That's not entirely correct. Apple did sue HTC as well. Also these companies tend to sue each other & win in their native countries. Samsung won the same suit in Korea, while apple won here. Nothing will come of it, and its all a little shady, considering they all supply one another.

Admin