XIM Community

New XIM software test video  (Read 30142 times)

Offline dbldrew

• View Profile
New XIM software test video
« on: 08:37 AM - 03/18/09 »
I talked to OBsIV and he gave me the go ahead to talk about the new software for the XIM360. Me and a few others are beta testing it and I will share videos/comments on the new system.

OK first off it is in a beta stage, we donít know when it will go live SO DONíT ASK! Second, he already picked the people that he wanted to be the testers, SO DONíT PESTER HIM ABOUT TESTING!

The new system is so much better then the old system, it is a breeze to set up. There is no longer a deadzone, Translation Exponent, X/Y ratio, Smoothness, or Diagonal dampening setting. The only thing I can change is the sensitivity.

With the reg XIM360 software I always seemed to have to compromise on something. If I wanted to have pinpoint accuracy I would loose fast 180 deg turns, That is why I ended up with that oddball set up that I ran, where I had precise movements but I would have to engage the secondary sensitivity to do quick turns. This new system is fantastic, there is no compromise, I have precise movements and still can snap around!

I will periodically post videos of the new setup. I just started playing with the new system so Iím still getting used to it. This first video Iím testing how well the sniper works while no-scoped.   

http://www.youtube.com/v/foXza2zkulw&ap=%2526fmt%3D22

http://www.youtube.com/v/UgAGE8JVtx8&ap=%2526fmt%3D22

http://www.youtube.com/v/CuC0y-xAANU&ap=%2526fmt%3D22

http://www.youtube.com/v/eVwomvukS9g&ap=%2526fmt%3D22

« Last Edit: 07:05 PM - 04/04/09 by dbldrew »

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: New XIM software test video
« Reply #1 on: 09:08 AM - 03/18/09 »
Nice. Yeah I noticed that the only thing that I was better on a controller on was no scoping. I can't do it for crap on the XIM. Everything else though is worlds better.

Looking forward to this new software.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #2 on: 10:30 AM - 03/18/09 »
For those of you who are not aware of what dbldrew is talking about, not too long ago OBsIV made a post here describing his goal for a new system.  He has indeed successfully developed a tool which can actually learn the look mechanic of the game.  The output from this new tool (which is currently being tested) is basically a profile that has virtually perfect translation of mouse input.

The look mechanic is both game & weapon specific, and so far what has been tested is the Halo 3 Battle Rifle.

It was awkward at first readjusting to a new profile, but after a little use, I find that XIMProto is simply phenomenal.

technogiant

« Reply #3 on: 10:45 AM - 03/18/09 »
That's excellent news....keeps us posted with the progress.

Offline mtgtopdeck

• ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:53 AM - 03/18/09 »
when you say it can learn the look mechanic of the game does that require no user interface? or will it need some input from the user like it will ask you to go into a private match and train it to the games look mechanics

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:09 AM - 03/18/09 »
So now, this begs a question: Does this new software compensate for factors such as aim acceleration in say Halo 3? My belief is, it's because of magnetism (minor affect) and aim acceleration (major affect) that Halo's deadzone and accuracy is so crappy. Especially when it comes to setting up a config. Because I use my XIM2 with other games, there's definitely nothing wrong with the hardware. I feel I get PC perfect accuracy and mouse translation in COD4 and COD5.

Thanks for sharing this and thanks to OBsIV for continuing to better the experience. :)
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb" - Dark Helmet

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:46 AM - 03/18/09 »
Any new videos you see from me will also be from this system.  The most recent YouTube post I made was using this system.  It's without a doubt the best aiming solution for Halo.

Now, here's a thought.  Everyone complains about the sticky aim in Halo, but have you ever tried to kill your team mates?  Would you really want the game to play like that?  If there weren't shield that required multiple direct hits to kill your enemy, it would be one thing, but I think a lot of people would struggle to enjoy this game if there wasn't some assistance built in to help you maintain your aim on someone.  Your accuracy would be far worse without it, I can guarantee that.

when you say it can learn the look mechanic of the game does that require no user interface? or will it need some input from the user like it will ask you to go into a private match and train it to the games look mechanics

OBsIV actually ran the software to train it for several hours, it literally plays the game itself and collects tons of data to create the necessary translation calculations with XIM.  This will have to be performed for EVERY game and EVERY weapon in that game used with the new system.

Offline Relys

• MVP
  • Master of Computer Science
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Relys
  • PSN ID: Relys
« Reply #7 on: 12:53 PM - 03/18/09 »
Any new videos you see from me will also be from this system.  The most recent YouTube post I made was using this system.  It's without a doubt the best aiming solution for Halo.

Now, here's a thought.  Everyone complains about the sticky aim in Halo, but have you ever tried to kill your team mates?  Would you really want the game to play like that?  If there weren't shield that required multiple direct hits to kill your enemy, it would be one thing, but I think a lot of people would struggle to enjoy this game if there wasn't some assistance built in to help you maintain your aim on someone.  Your accuracy would be far worse without it, I can guarantee that.

OBsIV actually ran the software to train it for several hours, it literally plays the game itself and collects tons of data to create the necessary translation calculations with XIM.  This will have to be performed for EVERY game and EVERY weapon in that game used with the new system.

So I'm going to assume this new beta software emulates full movements on the analog stick, instead of just positions? (ie, a full movement instead a whole bunch of small choppy ones.) Is that how it works?

Anyways, will we need video input to use this program? How else will it know what is going on in the game, and which weapon is currently selected? Will there be pre "trainers", or is video input essential for all aspects of this new program? When you say it "plays the game itself", does that mean I could create a second account, and get a 50 by letting the program play? (If it was really well trained)

I'm looking forward to using this whenever it comes out! (Or even sooner. *wink wink*  ;))

Keep up the great job OBsIV!
« Last Edit: 01:20 PM - 03/18/09 by Relys »
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Offline dbldrew

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:37 PM - 03/18/09 »

So I'm going to assume this new beta software emulates full movements on the analog stick, instead of just positions? (ie, a full movement instead a whole bunch of small choppy ones.) Is that how it works?

Anyways, will we need video input to use this program? How else will it know what is going on in the game, and which weapon is currently selected? Will there be pre "trainers", or is video input essential for all aspects of this new program? When you say it "plays the game itself", does that mean I could create a second account, and get a 50 by letting the program play? (If it was really well trained)

I'm looking forward to using this whenever it comes out! (Or even sooner. *wink wink*  ;))

Keep up the great job OBsIV!

You will not need video input, you will not be creating your own look mechanic profiles, the end product will be a completed profile that OBsIV has created the look mechanic for, all you do is set the sensitivity and your button layout.

The profile will work with any gun in the game, the difference is that some guns behave different then others. For example the build Iím playing on was built around the BR, but all of the guns feel great, except the turrets still feel too slow. Now he could have based the profile around the turret, and that would of felt perfect but then all other weapons would of felt way to fast.

Currently this build doesnít have a secondary sensitivity, (that should be added for our next test) but even with out the secondary sensitivity the turrets feel better then my old profile using the SS! This new system is such a huge step over the old system and the best part is that there is no confusing profiles to deal with.

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:54 PM - 03/18/09 »
No what Tweak meant (but I dunno exactly, I did not get a beta copy of the software despite that I'm giving OBsIV that x-ray I made... grrr... lol, just kidding) by it playing the game itself is, the program is probably moving the reticule around at certain speeds and positions, then figuring out the best translation. How the program gets feedback.. not too sure, but it can be done by video. Although, it would have to be able to create and trace markers in the video, then analyze the movement and match it up to where the cursor is on a PC. That's the only way I could guess, how it would be done via video input of some type. I wonder how OBsIV has his stuff set up, to do this.

I dunno if I agree. Unless the cursor is just too jittery and not accurate enough, then perhaps it would be a problem in Halo. As a PC FPS player, I've played and still play many games that have no aim assist of any kind and still get good shots and results. I find it much more accurate, if I'm in complete control of my aim. In a game like Soldat for instance accurate aim is critical, but any kind of aim assist would ruin it (or be cheating like aimbots). Despite that it's a 2d shooter, all projectiles have an arc, since the game has realistic physics and gravity. So instead of shooting straight at the head of an enemy who is only pixels tall, you have to aim over depending on distance. It would seem like it's almost impossible to get accurate kills, but some players are monsters with incredible skill (and in the Soldat community, we know who cheats - aimbot, hacks, etc and who doesnt).

In Halo 3 however, it's not so much the aim assist that bothers me anyway, it's the fricken aim acceleration - same as mouse acceleration for PC. Still, I would gladly do without both.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:00 PM - 03/18/09 »

To utilize the new profiles, all you need is an XIM2.  OBsIV has made no mention of releasing the ďtrainingĒ software, so I am not sure if this technology will be made available or not.  It will be up to him.  That said, this is not an AI program, it will not play for you so you could get a 50.

Offline Relys

• MVP
  • Master of Computer Science
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Relys
  • PSN ID: Relys
« Reply #11 on: 03:30 PM - 03/18/09 »

To utilize the new profiles, all you need is an XIM2.  OBsIV has made no mention of releasing the ďtrainingĒ software, so I am not sure if this technology will be made available or not.  It will be up to him.  That said, this is not an AI program, it will not play for you so you could get a 50.

Oh I see. I still wonder how it collects all the data.

OBsIV actually ran the software to train it for several hours, it literally plays the game itself and collects tons of data to create the necessary translation calculations with XIM.

This is the quote that made it sound like some sort of AI.

Anyways, I can't wait to see more of this program!
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:35 PM - 03/18/09 »
Sorry if that was misleading.  It doesn't run around like some sort of AI.

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:42 PM - 03/18/09 »
Duh, of course I forgot to mention, I was talking about a second component which is what Ding said - a "training" software. (Been a long day at work.) It's the training software/setup that probably analyzes video/ direct video feed. I think there was actually a picture posted here in the forums of such type software that was analyzing video from an Unreal game, if I remember correctly.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:04 PM - 03/18/09 »
I would venture a guess that there is some kind of forensic like video analysis occurring in which the controller input vs video output is continuously being measuredÖ but I am only guessing.

Regardless, the new profile is amazing.  The range of control is simply superb.  You can easily shift your site by just a few pixels to make those tinny aiming adjustments, you can easily make sweeping turns for pivot strafe CQB battles, and doing 180 degree turns has never been easier.  Best of all, the translation doesnít experience any site lurch, so the overall control feels very natural and predictable.