XIM Community

Auto Aim Feature  (Read 6705 times)

Offline SkunkPro

• View Profile
Re: Auto Aim Feature
« Reply #15 on: 09:58 AM - 08/24/12 »
There's really no advantage over controller players with using xim with cod (in terms of aim). COD is ridiculously easy, I'm horrible with the sticks but I can pick up the pad every so often and still go positive with no practice. COD is more connection, spawn knowledge and map awareness anyway.

If you're buying a xim to get an unfair advantage you will be disappointed, you still restricted by the consoles mechanics and depending on your skill you go toe to toe with decent console players. Most people buy this because we are oldschool pc players and are usually bad with a controller, not to gain an advantage.

Oh, BTW, I do not agree about your opinion. Ofcourse PC gamers have advantage over controller player. Trust me, if you compare the PC gameplay and console gameplay, the PC gameplay would win. Players can aim much faster with mouse and keyboard then controller players.

Offline Johnny

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AAA
  • PSN ID: AAA
« Reply #16 on: 09:59 AM - 08/24/12 »
Well, XBOX know already about XIM so there will be no problem about the product. Also, why OBsIV made this product if they are illegal?
In other words, other gamers know the XIM users are fine in playing with this.
Here is a thread that MS said that XIM3 (one of the product of XIM) is LEGIT - http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=9535.0
United Kingdom / Europe

XIM4 & XIM Edge
- PS4
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- PS3

SETUP
Mouse: Logitech G502
Keyboard: CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid-i (Brown Cherry MX) - Soon
Headset: Astro A40 TR w/ Black Mixamp Pro
Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM

Offline Johnny

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AAA
  • PSN ID: AAA
« Reply #17 on: 10:02 AM - 08/24/12 »
Oh, BTW, I do not agree about your opinion. Ofcourse PC gamers have advantage over controller player. Trust me, if you compare the PC gameplay and console gameplay, the PC gameplay would win. Players can aim much faster with mouse and keyboard then controller players.

As a PC gamer, ofcourse, you believe that the thing you're better with is the one you'll protect and be with.
Some people think, console is better than PC and others are opposite. Everyone have their own taste, so if console players think they are better than PC and PC gamers are better than console - same.

Even you're a PC gamer, and great using mouse and keyboard - there are still console players can easily kill/down you with a controller.
United Kingdom / Europe

XIM4 & XIM Edge
- PS4
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- PS3

SETUP
Mouse: Logitech G502
Keyboard: CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid-i (Brown Cherry MX) - Soon
Headset: Astro A40 TR w/ Black Mixamp Pro
Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM

Offline Xog

• MVP
  • Yarr! Hand over yer goods, or yer dead!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Gamertag: Pirate Bandito
« Reply #18 on: 10:06 AM - 08/24/12 »
also depends on what game we're talking about

something like COD - doesn't really require precision, more about tactical placement and spawn reading. a good controller player can easily take down a good mouse+kb player on xbox.

if it were PC tho, thats a diff story. PC is much less forgiving for the controller users

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10:08 AM - 08/24/12 »
the green link in my signature
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NekkedBare
  • PSN ID: BRB_Krew
« Reply #20 on: 10:12 AM - 08/24/12 »

Yeah, PC gamers have an advantage over controller player when it comes to PC vs console cross-platform multiplayer. Of course. But you're talking about console games with look/aim mechanics designed for controllers. The XIM does not turn your XBOX into a PC. It is limited by the capabilities of a controller for a console game.

I call it Auto Aim, just for fun, because in my opinion it is ridiculous they ever made aim assist. I am working on my fragmovie MW3 Quick Scoping on PC gameplay. It will show how easy I aim and almost never miss with mouse and keyboard. That's why I was wondering if aim assist would also be working with the XIM Edge. For as far as I see it: I almost never miss QS, but when I do its minuscule, which will be corrected by "aim assist" on XboX. That's why I call it an "Auto-Aim" feature. Would quick scoping not getting too easy?! And would other people do not see we are using "something" what makes us better?

I fail to see how a XIM makes a player better. If you come from a PC background, then yes your game would be brought up to speed because everything will start feeling natural again. However, giving someone who has been brought up on consoles a XIM+mouse+keyboard won't make them better. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did worse.
My Roccat Sova review:
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=49911.0

Wi-fi speeds

Offline SkunkPro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:15 AM - 08/24/12 »

As a PC gamer, ofcourse, you believe that the thing you're better with is the one you'll protect and be with.
Some people think, console is better than PC and others are opposite. Everyone have their own taste, so if console players think they are better than PC and PC gamers are better than console - same.

Even you're a PC gamer, and great using mouse and keyboard - there are still console players can easily kill/down you with a controller.

It is not just that I want to believe it, I just see it. There is noway people on Xbox can make such movements I make on my computer. I also see most quick scopers on xbox/ps3 are playing wonderful because of this "auto-aim" feature call Aim Assist. No, I am defently sure PC gamers DO have advantage to controller gamers in aiming.

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:20 AM - 08/24/12 »

It is not just that I want to believe it, I just see it. There is noway people on Xbox can make such movements I make on my computer. I also see most quick scopers on xbox/ps3 are playing wonderful because of this "auto-aim" feature call Aim Assist. No, I am defently sure PC gamers DO have advantage to controller gamers in aiming.

Ok, no one here is disagreeing with you on that aspect. In fact, we are all agreeing with what you are saying. We all believe Mouse+Keyboard is superior over a controller... why do you think we have XIM (a mouse+keyboard adapter) and are currently on a XIM forum talking about said adapter? We agree that controller players benefit greatly from aim assist (as evident in their laughable efforts at CS:GO) and that's how they are able to get by. But what we're saying is... in a game like COD, where aim assist is very heavy, you'll hardly find a big advantage.
My Roccat Sova review:

Wi-fi speeds

Offline SkunkPro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10:34 AM - 08/24/12 »
In the first place I already said I believed the information given about the Aim Assist function, which wouldn't be perfect in combination with Mouse and Keyboard ^^ But there was one person who really said a PC gamer wouldn't have advantage against a controller user. Thats what the discussion was all about.

Anyway, XIM is still a wonderful solution, and I cannot wait to next week when I will proberly have one. U guys are great, thanks!

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10:44 AM - 08/24/12 »
most games have slow movement. the mouse is rather inconsequential. effectively no different than simply physically extending the joystick

then you get into COD where it's a mixed bag
+situational awareness can be through the roof only IF youre a very high sensitivity player like <----- this guy
-COD isn't a run around and hose people game, especially if you're being competitive
+fine movement accuracy is substantal
+average movement speed is higher than PC because we benefit from auto-aim systems
-auto-aim systems will ska-rew you like a $20 dollar prostitute. i mean left and right
-COD in a competitive setting is not a fast paced game. running around like a pub match will get you @#$% on in a heart beat by every average controller user in the world

dont buy an xim thinking youll be picking on controller newbies. its true, they all sucked dick in 2007. guess what... its 2012 and most of them have hundreds of hours of COD playtime at this point. taken as an entire group, they're as good & likely better than what i find on PC.

in COD, where XIM is impeccable, what XIM really gives you is a freedom to have fun in pub matches. you show up, play insanely aggressively & 80% of the time it works out in your favor.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11:03 AM - 08/24/12 »
There's really no advantage over controller players with using xim with cod (in terms of aim). COD is ridiculously easy, I'm horrible with the sticks but I can pick up the pad every so often and still go positive with no practice. COD is more connection, spawn knowledge and map awareness anyway.

If you're buying a xim to get an unfair advantage you will be disappointed, you still restricted by the consoles mechanics and depending on your skill you go toe to toe with decent console players. Most people buy this because we are oldschool pc players and are usually bad with a controller, not to gain an advantage.

Obviously lol, but are we playing on PC? Like I said you are limited by the console. We aren't on PC and we aren't arguing whether mouse and keyboard is better than a controller. Why would we be here if we thought a controller was better anyway? ha

Think about what you type first buddy...

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11:07 AM - 08/24/12 »
^^ But there was one person who really said a PC gamer wouldn't have advantage against a controller user. Thats what the discussion was all about.

No one said that, you just can't read properly.

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03:58 PM - 08/24/12 »
^^ But there was one person who really said a PC gamer wouldn't have advantage against a controller user. Thats what the discussion was all about.

No one said that, you just can't read properly.

alright kids play nice
My Roccat Sova review:

Wi-fi speeds

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04:16 PM - 08/24/12 »
I am working on my fragmovie MW3 Quick Scoping on PC gameplay. It will show how easy I aim and almost never miss with mouse and keyboard.

SkunkPro Please don't take this the wrong way but, I hate you!  :o

I will say that quick scoping is a talent but, I will also say that it's one of the things that completely ruin COD for me.

Why? cause I suck at it!

My problem really isn't with you, it's with the game. You take advantage of one shot kills, kudos, it's there why not use it to your advantage.

Sorry, my COD vent for the day, nothing personal.
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | ALPHA TESTER
ADVANCED SETUPS
PUBG - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=68982.0
BO4 - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71097.0
Destiny 1&2 - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=39989.0
AAA Setup - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
« Reply #29 on: 04:49 PM - 08/24/12 »
Counter-Strike has the AWP and quick scoping is even more effective there than COD (PC).