XIM Community

CS:GO Smart Translator Feedback  (Read 30364 times)

Offline phantom

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: R1R Phantom
Re: CS:GO Smart Translator Feedback
« Reply #285 on: 01:46 PM - 08/29/12 »
I dont have much to add to the conversation but I didnt want to be a rc tester bum and not leave feedback.  My second razer deathadder broke so I am stuck playing with a MS Sidewinder mouse for now (2k dpi).  I played 1.6 and source for years and decided to buy GO for pc and xbox in order to play with all of my friends. 

I played with all versions of the configs (smart and standard) with the exception of the new one (20120827) because I didnt see it was released.  The obvious joystick acceleration issue is evident with me and the broken game search within the game finished killing my joy for playing.  My main issue with the look mechanic for me was up close combat.  I simply could not turn fast enough to accurately aim at an opponent WHILE keeping mid to long distance accuracy playable.  It just feels like dragging my cross hairs through mush when I make up close aiming adjustments but then it turns into "lolmerrygoround" if I keep trying to turn.  I have made incremental adjustments to the smart translator but I cannot seem to find a happy median.  I fear that I am getting used to this terrible look mechanic and I am starting to develop stockholm syndrome for it where I take small improvements as major victories.  I would like to thank everyone that has released smart translators and standard configs and I wish I knew more of the technical side of xim in order to help out.

Offline AustinCOT

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Austinus
« Reply #286 on: 01:59 PM - 08/29/12 »
this ST does take some getting used to and i would say its of a lower quality than the other FPS games like BF3 COD Ect.after alot of messing about i have my sens on 60 and it is very playable i got round the training course in 37 seconds witch im pretty happy with. lets hope we get patch to improve the games look mech. i have noticed after playin this for a few hours and then going back to BF3 it feels insainly fast and takes a little while to adjust to the much faster turn speed of BF3.

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 02:15 PM - 08/29/12 »
As a low sens cs player I stand by my assessment that the ST works well within my use. I rarely need to aim great than 90 degrees in this game as I'm already pre aimed at where I need to be.

The velocity jump is unavoidable at this time but I don't think the ST should be held back. If it falls below what OBsIV would like as an xim standard then release and caveat it. But frankly this ST is light years ahead of any standard config I used (my own included) and it infinitely better than me using a gamepad.

Offline Shinsteez

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 04:04 PM - 08/29/12 »
Amazing translator, with it I no longer worry about the game acceleration.  I play on 400 sensitivity using 1600 dpi and can easily snap to targets with slight wrist movements.  It's better than any other ST I was using before.  Great job.

Offline dave1231

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 06:57 PM - 08/29/12 »
Alright, I have played at least 6 hours on the 360 version with my XIM Edge, razer diamondback mouse, and dell keyboard. Here is what I have to say:

I first got CS:GO for ps3 (which has native mouse and keyboard options) and it felt almost identical to the PC version. Honestly, I hadn't played source in such a long time that it might even be identical. So I am comparing the 360 version with XIM Edge to my experience with the PS3 version of the game (native mouse and keyboard).

I think the ST feels about as good as it is going to get. I played CoD MW3 with the Edge and it felt a million times more like a mouse and keyboard at 1:1, but that said, the actual controller movements felt more responsive. Any sort of sluggishness is a result of the game itself and has little to do with the XIM. I tried playing CS:GO with my standard 360 controller to verify this and it is true. The game itself is just more sluggish than MW3 or BF3.

What the ST does add to the game is a ridiculous amount of control on fast movements. As always, the Edge delivers where the standard controller can not. I played countless rounds of this game on 360 and still managed to kill players who pre aim with a standard controller. It is excellent for sniping and makes it easy to manage gun recoil (if you know the spray patterns).

I suppose it might be possible to tighten up the ST a tiny bit, but it probably wouldn't even be noticeable.

Thanks again for the opportunity to test this ST and for making console shooters worth playing!!!

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NekkedBare
  • PSN ID: BRB_Krew
« Reply #290 on: 07:20 PM - 08/29/12 »
this ST does take some getting used to and i would say its of a lower quality than the other FPS games like BF3 COD Ect.after alot of messing about i have my sens on 60 and it is very playable i got round the training course in 37 seconds witch im pretty happy with. lets hope we get patch to improve the games look mech. i have noticed after playin this for a few hours and then going back to BF3 it feels insainly fast and takes a little while to adjust to the much faster turn speed of BF3.

Yes, I completely understand and agree. When trying out 824EX, I tried CS:GO to see if it felt different and it did feel a bit more responsive. Then I tested it with BF3 and I was like whoaaaa I'm supposed to double my sens?? And going from BF3 to Reach to RSV2 to COD feels natural. But going from CS:GO to anything feels so major. I can't believe that a Counter-Strike game would have such awful look mechanics.
My Roccat Sova review:
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=49911.0

Wi-fi speeds

Offline constable_odo

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 07:57 PM - 08/29/12 »

Well, it IS going to be released regardless. However, mind explaining why you think it should still be released? If I first got my XIM and played CS:GO, I would be totally turned off and wouldn't see why the XIM is so great.

This hit home for me.  CS:GO anticipation is what made me decide to pull the trigger on the XIM Edge, and while waiting for the ST to be released (before deciding to apply for RC status) I decided to try it on MW3 and BF3 for awhile.  MW3 was fun enough but BF3 completely blew my mind.  It felt so natural, so "how it should be", that I have fallen in love with the game again and can't much think about anything else.  For this alone the XIM has paid for itself already.

When I finally did apply for RC and installed the latest version to try CS:GO, I was a bit disappointed.  It doesn't feel right.  The entire experience feels like I am doing something unnatural; something I shouldn't be doing.  Like I mentioned in my previous post, I felt this more in my keys than I did in my mouse, but ultimately it wasn't the experience I was hoping for.  Hell, even the buy menu is awkward, but that's hardly the XIM's fault. 

If all Valve games are like this, does that mean L4D2 and HL2 are going to be disappointing also?  I need to try them myself instead of asking, but the question is on my mind.  I won't sit here and pretend I have any idea what it's like to try and develop the STs for these games, but I thank you for doing so.  I will also hold onto hope that there's some revelation to uncover that makes these titles cooperate better, but in the meantime I'll be dumping hours into BF3.

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 08:28 PM - 08/29/12 »
Alright, I have played at least 6 hours on the 360 version with my XIM Edge, razer diamondback mouse, and dell keyboard. Here is what I have to say:

I first got CS:GO for ps3 (which has native mouse and keyboard options) and it felt almost identical to the PC version. Honestly, I hadn't played source in such a long time that it might even be identical. So I am comparing the 360 version with XIM Edge to my experience with the PS3 version of the game (native mouse and keyboard).

I think the ST feels about as good as it is going to get. I played CoD MW3 with the Edge and it felt a million times more like a mouse and keyboard at 1:1, but that said, the actual controller movements felt more responsive. Any sort of sluggishness is a result of the game itself and has little to do with the XIM. I tried playing CS:GO with my standard 360 controller to verify this and it is true. The game itself is just more sluggish than MW3 or BF3.

What the ST does add to the game is a ridiculous amount of control on fast movements. As always, the Edge delivers where the standard controller can not. I played countless rounds of this game on 360 and still managed to kill players who pre aim with a standard controller. It is excellent for sniping and makes it easy to manage gun recoil (if you know the spray patterns).

I suppose it might be possible to tighten up the ST a tiny bit, but it probably wouldn't even be noticeable.

Thanks again for the opportunity to test this ST and for making console shooters worth playing!!!

I wish I had the same feeling, I'm trying to get used to it with the xim3 but it just feels horrible. I know the look mechanic is horrid, but I feel I can predict the acceleration a lot better with the controller. Obviously it was meant for the controller on xbox, I just wish it felt better with the xim3 ST.

If the problem is indeed strictly related to Valves odd acceleration then I hope they give an option to turn the acceleration off. If not, I'll just have to deal with getting used to it. While I'm always more comfortable with a mouse and keyboard, this is the first game  I've noticed that the controller responds better than the smart trainer. (For me)

Offline tom_v

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: teHz g0t sw4g
  • PSN ID: teH_XeRO
« Reply #293 on: 10:00 PM - 08/29/12 »
ok so i played with this thing all night.  at first i was doing terrible because it didnt feel like a pc mouse and keyb, as it does feel a bit sluggish.  adjusted my sensitivty and played for a few hours and i soon got used to it pretty fast and after a while didnt even feel the sluggishness strictly because i had gotten used to it.  in competitive mode was going 25+, 30+ kills and single digit deaths for most of the night once i got used to it.  it is awesome for sniping.  it does feel a bit odd, i'm sure due to the weird aiming mechanic valve is using (acceleration?), but i really did get used to it pretty quickly.  it would be sweet if the xim could achieve 1:1 either on its own or after a possible update from valve that allows to disable the acceleration, but all in all it was a lot of fun using the xim and worked like a charm once i got used to the slightly sluggish (but most definitely playable, nearly 1:1) feel.  it's just not AS responsive as other games, but still great.  good job with this product and updating it as newer games come out.  keep it up!

edit: the buy menu is a bit odd using a mouse and keyb on an xbox, but my controller is next to me while plugged into the xim and i just used the controller to buy my stuff.  didn't have any other issues.  like i said, would be sweet if it could be further tweaked to feel perfect, but i got used to the slightly "different" feel and was ripping it up.  that's just my experience.

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 10:37 PM - 08/29/12 »
ok, I tested it a bit tonight in just target practice.  and according to the "Threewheels Acceleration Test" I used for BLOPs a couple of years ago, this ST also shows acceleration when sweeping slow to one side and then swiping fast back to the starting point.  The reticle ends up much further past the original starting point.

I played around with ballistics for a bit, and got something that took out most of the acceleration.  Did a bit of final tweaking, but the timer ran out so I haven't been able to test this latest revision.

Can someone with an Edge paste this curve in their config and test it?  You will need to lower your sens a bit, but hopefully it feels better to more people than just me.

for reference, I have a 3000dpi mouse at 28 sensitivity.

>>> XIM Edge Ballistics START Paste >>>
XEBH:010015202A343E48515B646E77808B95A0ABB5BFC8C80A0B
XEBA:00000A141E28323C46505A646E78828C96A0AAB4BEC87805
<<< XIM Edge Ballistics END Paste   <<<

« Last Edit: 11:03 PM - 08/29/12 by Threewheels »

Offline sYn Meow

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: sYn Meow
« Reply #295 on: 12:04 AM - 08/30/12 »
I am in the correct member group to test this but I get a permission denied page when trying to click the link in the very 1st post?

***EDIT - WRONG FORUM --- I HAVE THE XIM3 --- NOT THE EDGE***
Ordered - March 4th 11:20 AM EST
Processing - March 7th 10:15 AM EST
Shipped - March 7th 2:32 PM EST
RECEIVED - TBD

Offline royoverinnan

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bloody Harry
« Reply #296 on: 12:06 AM - 08/30/12 »

Are you saying that native m/k on PS3 is better than the ST on Xbox360 (I have both, but CS GO isnt released in EU yet on PS3). If so I`ll play it on PS3.

And the question to release the ST or not:
I`ll say release it (with an exclaimer). It`s better than controller, and it feels 1:1 (when i move my mouse, the reticle moves. Does not experience lag (but I`m not a hardcore gamer, and have not played on PC, so I can`t compare it to that).

Offline royoverinnan

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bloody Harry
« Reply #297 on: 12:12 AM - 08/30/12 »
ok, I tested it a bit tonight in just target practice.  and according to the "Threewheels Acceleration Test" I used for BLOPs a couple of years ago, this ST also shows acceleration when sweeping slow to one side and then swiping fast back to the starting point.  The reticle ends up much further past the original starting point.

I played around with ballistics for a bit, and got something that took out most of the acceleration.  Did a bit of final tweaking, but the timer ran out so I haven't been able to test this latest revision.

Can someone with an Edge paste this curve in their config and test it?  You will need to lower your sens a bit, but hopefully it feels better to more people than just me.

for reference, I have a 3000dpi mouse at 28 sensitivity.

>>> XIM Edge Ballistics START Paste >>>
XEBH:010015202A343E48515B646E77808B95A0ABB5BFC8C80A0B
XEBA:00000A141E28323C46505A646E78828C96A0AAB4BEC87805
<<< XIM Edge Ballistics END Paste   <<<

I`ll give it a try tonight, and post my findings tomorrow.

Offline Kal El Agent47

• Gaming since the Golden Age of Arcade Video games
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 05:42 AM - 08/30/12 »
Tried only the beta last week, as I've expected from a Valve game, its look mechanic would get in the way of me having hours of joy playing this classic game.  Seems like all has been said here from both sides. Personally, decided just to hold out until the team would somewhat thwart the ill effects of the game's acceleration like what they did with GOW3 smarty. 

Thank you for the smarty and standard configs! Just hope I knew more of the technical aspect of this marvelous xim for me to contribute.
106350/120000 Gs  
  4522/5092  Achievements
100% Retail : 75/97
100% XBLA  : 25/27
100% GFWL :   2/4
100% WP7   :   6/10
last updated: 07/08/2012
I <3 XIM3+G700+Frag Nanchuk freedom from wires
PS3 3DTV+X360 = Win
320GB Halo 4 X360250GB Halo Reach X360250GB+ Halo 3 X360

Offline AustinCOT

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Austinus
« Reply #299 on: 02:52 PM - 08/30/12 »
been messing about with smart advanced and clap defo improved the feel of this game. currently got my sensitivity at 75 and clap on -7