XIM Community

Xim Edge: n00b question: what does primary buttons and secondary buttons mean?  (Read 3177 times)

Offline cklauss

• View Profile
Hi

today I received my xim edge. I play bf3 on ps3 so I did a decent config for me using my old Logi G5 (2000dpi) and a cherry keyboard. Still need som finetuning with the sensitivity (hip:60/ads:40 atm).

I studied the tutorials and the manual on the website, but I have questions. :D

First: In the bottom left corner of the edit config window I see this information:

Hip:Bf3P.2
ADS:Bf3P-ADS.2

What does this mean?

Second: Again the Edit config window
Below the controller image there is a drop down menu Primary Buttons and Secondary Buttons. What is this?
I didn't find anything in the manual.

Third: Aiming in BF3 is great playing as soldier, but using a the MG of tank or a buggy is very slow. Why?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
hip = for firing from the hip translator
ads = aim down sights

usually a game needs two translators for this
you can adjust their speeds independently

primary buttons:
just bind you buttons there
secondary:
you can double bind actions
eg zoom + holding breath at the same time
or jump + crouch at the same time for being a smaller target whenever you jump
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Johnny

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AAA
  • PSN ID: AAA
Primary Buttons - are basically the base or main movements.
Secondary Buttons - are like xtra movements you want to add on those buttons that are already used or something like thtat. *its just obvious*

Good example, is colour/s. Google would be the best option for primary and secondary colours.
United Kingdom / Europe

XIM4 & XIM Edge
- PS4
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- PS3

SETUP
Mouse: Logitech G502
Keyboard: CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid-i (Brown Cherry MX) - Soon
Headset: Astro A40 TR w/ Black Mixamp Pro
Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM

Offline KuzuRanger

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: KuzuRanger
Question on secondary buttons.
I have ADS set to Joystick 9 in XIM Manger primaries. I'm trying to combine it with Sprint (hold breath); I go to secondary menu, click on Sprint, and set to Joystick 9.

When I tried to hold my breath in game, I could not do so with either the ADS (+ hold breath attached as secondary) or by pressing the normal Sprint button (left trigger) separately. *Yes the Sprint button is working properly on its own.

Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need to select ADS in secondary menu and assign it to "left trigger" instead?
http://www.youtube.com/KuzuRanger

XIM4 / Razer Naga Hex / Move Nav x2 / Astro A40

Admin