XIM Community

new Xim360, not working (resolved)  (Read 1564 times)

Offline DarkShroom

• View Profile
new Xim360, not working (resolved)
« on: 02:44 PM - 03/11/09 »
My Xim2 just arrived. Here are the symptons and what I have tried so far:

I installed it, the installer ran okay but for some reason the calibration tool failed to find the Xim, so i clicked the cross and let in install.

At first the Xim ran okay for a few minutes, but then all of a sudden my character just starts spinning on the spot. Also the Xim.exe software seems to lock up, i have to use task manager to stop it.

The calibration tool when run manually does not detect the controller, even if left for a good few minutes, if you unplug and replug etc.

Okay so I then tried another copy of Windows XP Pro I have on a seperate partition, same problem. Next I though well my firewall is pretty harsh, so I booted into my test install of XP, this is an untouched vanilla copy with no network drivers. Same problem.

Okay then finnally I have just tried it on my laptop, identicle problem.

I have run out of ideas?
« Last Edit: 05:13 PM - 03/11/09 by DarkShroom »

Offline DarkShroom

• View Profile
Re: new Xim360, not working
« Reply #1 on: 02:57 PM - 03/11/09 »
okay again it worked, this time on my laptop. Still no sucess with the calibration however, can anyone tell me what it means if the calibration does not detect the Xim?

Okay some stuff I didn't mention:

All my copies of Windows XP are running SP3, the test one has never seen the net so it is running SP2 on a fresh install. They're all on seperate partitions so as not to affect one another.
The Laptop also runs on Windows XP with SP3.

The console is a jasper.

Also, I find the stress test does not detect the controller like the calibration tool does not (I note that people with problems with this tool on other threads get an error message, mine simply say "looking for your controller".

In Device manager I have one "XIM 360" listed under USB COntrollers, I have attempted removing this and reloading the drivers etc, the device appears to be fine.
« Last Edit: 03:54 PM - 03/11/09 by DarkShroom »

Offline DarkShroom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:07 PM - 03/11/09 »
oh and a further development, I seem to be able to get the XIM360 functioning on my HP Laptop but funnily enough it still won't calibrate or strees test, I have to use the workaround of quiting this during the install

technogiant

« Reply #3 on: 04:28 PM - 03/11/09 »
Are you plugging both the grey and white usb connectors into the PC when your doing the calibration?

Also I've noticed the same spinning behavior as you described...it happens when you inadvertently put a unacceptable value in the update frequency box...this can easily happen as it always seems to default to that position when your altering the configuration...just open the default file in note pad and alter it back to 60 and restart the xim software.

if you still get an error after that then unplug the white cable from the pc and plug it back in
« Last Edit: 04:34 PM - 03/11/09 by technogiant »

Offline DarkShroom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:12 PM - 03/11/09 »
wow don't i feel stupid  ::)

to think they employ me to provide tech support, i feel like one of my customers i've just explained how to use the standby button to.

Thanks for the reply  technogiant, this is a great relief :)

technogiant

Re: new Xim360, not working (resolved)
« Reply #5 on: 05:17 PM - 03/11/09 »
Glad it helped... ;)

Admin