XIM Community

Bind The Mouse - Squeak Squeak !  (Read 1533 times)

Offline ERIKTHEVIKING

• View Profile
Bind The Mouse - Squeak Squeak !
« on: 05:45 PM - 03/11/09 »

Hey smart people. How do I bind the Aim AND Fire to the left mouse button?

I want to aim then fire with one mouse click in COD.

Ta...

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Bind The Mouse - Squeak Squeak !
« Reply #1 on: 06:07 PM - 03/11/09 »
For whatever value you want to bind multiple things to in your config, you'll need to load it up in notepad and add a comma, followed by the value you want.

Example:

[Buttons]
RightTrigger              = MouseLeft,MouseRight

If they're two different buttons then you just assign the same value for both

A=MouseLeft
B=MouseLeft

Pretty simple

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:31 PM - 03/11/09 »
Of course this will shoot and aim at the same time. To quickscope in some games you'll need a macro that waits a fraction of a second before firing.

Offline ERIKTHEVIKING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:42 PM - 03/11/09 »
Thanks Tweak I knew you would know  ;)

How do I make the delay macro CEOrko?

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:58 PM - 03/11/09 »
I'll try at making one for AHK since I'm already attempting one that makes radial menus able to be used with a mouse wheel. You'll have to adjust the sleep times yourself, but that is easy.

Going to take a while to do this without an alternate button as the hotkey. Digging through the options available, but it is going to more time than I want to get the ideal version of this running. The simpler script was easy enough, but won't work as well if you don't have a mouse button that can easily be used to fire open. Of course I'm probably wasting time and not just looking in to remapping fire keys while the script is active, but I'll return to that later.

Code for simple script.
Using this in Xbox LIVE multiplayer is a violation of LIVE's Terms of Service, and so on and so forth. I'm hard pressed to care one way or the other when how to use button scripts is the choice of the individual and not my own.
Code: [Select]
#NoEnv
SendMode Input
SetKeyDelay, -1

~*x::
Send {RButton down}
Sleep 200
Send {LButton down}
Sleep 40
Send {LButton up}
Send {RButton up}
return

Because the hotkey is its own button there isn't any need to add a toggle. That will be reserved for either of the other two options I can see. This isn't exactly what either of us wanted. It will take more time to put together a better alternative.
« Last Edit: 07:28 PM - 03/11/09 by CEOrko »

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:56 PM - 03/11/09 »
I'll try at making one for AHK since I'm already attempting one that makes radial menus able to be used with a mouse wheel. You'll have to adjust the sleep times yourself, but that is easy.

Now that would be cool. I hate the weapon wheel in games that have it, be nice to just use the mouse wheel. The idea of the aim down the scope is a good idea too while shooting, but on some weapons it's slower than others so that would be hard to have a blanket setting that does it all.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:13 AM - 03/13/09 »
Now that would be cool. I hate the weapon wheel in games that have it, be nice to just use the mouse wheel. The idea of the aim down the scope is a good idea too while shooting, but on some weapons it's slower than others so that would be hard to have a blanket setting that does it all.

The radial menu is done, for the most part, but has the same problem as the script I posted that let players use the mouse wheel instead of four keys assigned to the d-pad to switch weapons in Gears of War 2. Right now that is my main concern. If that ever gets sorted, the exact shape of the menu will need to be edited depending on the game. Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena has ten or so slots, which may be more or less than other games use. The angle of each selection is going to depend on how the menu is set up.

With quickscoping, I trust anyone using the script will put a minute or two in to making the time that aim is held prior to the gun firing match the time needed by the game. All that needs to be adjusted is the first sleep command.