XIM Community

A good Gears of War 3 config (XIME)  (Read 2624 times)

Offline manster

• View Profile
A good Gears of War 3 config (XIME)
« on: 03:58 PM - 08/01/12 »
I could not find any good discussion about it for XIME, if I missed it then please point me to it.

I have played Gears 3 on my XIM3 but I recently sold it to get the XIME (for my PS3 games). I saw some nice gears 3 videos on the main page and thought about trying it again. So I would like to ask the Gears 3 players in the community to suggest any good settings (including any ballistic curve values, could not find any in the BL Library thread for Gears 3).

Also I noticed that they bumped up the in game sensitivity settings to 30 (from 20s). Can anyone tell me if is any faster than the old 20 or is it just some re-calibration of the same sensitivities. With the controller, all I could feel was more acceleration. So to anyone who plays that game, can you give some insight about it. And is it worth bumping it up to 30s or sticking to 20's (for less acceleration).

Thanks in advance.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: A good Gears of War 3 config (XIME)
« Reply #1 on: 04:10 PM - 08/01/12 »
it is slightly faster if i remember correctly
the community was asking for it and the dev team realized it

the smart translator is already adjusted to it, so please use 30 game sensitivity
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:25 AM - 08/02/12 »
I play Gears 3 Alot, I'll post my settings when I get a chance. But I didn't make any HUGE changes to it. I think it's more a matter of just setting your sensitivity and then stick to it and get some time behind the wheel. I do use 30,30,30 in game I know that!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:02 AM - 08/02/12 »
I suggest using 30 30 and something lower for zoom start at 15. The sensitivity scale is so much different for zoom it would be difficult to use 30.

But yes Gears has a difficult look mechanic and it may take some getting used to. Once you do though you wont want to go back to the controller.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline manster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:38 PM - 08/02/12 »
Thanks Odin, RML and Mist. I should have my XIM Edge when I go back home after work. I will use 30,30,30 and see how the ST with defaults work out so far.  RML,  it would be great if you can share your config settings and hardware settings (DPI). Also have you tried making a ballistic curve for it, for boost? I remember I used Boost on my XIM3 to avoid the slow initial movement. 

And mist you're right, once you use XIM you can't go back to the controller for it. I sold my XIM3 to get the edge and using controller for this 1-2 weeks was not fun at all. I played my first gears on PC and I am still ranked in first 10 over there. I really love my XIM, it is the only thing that made it possible for me to come to Gears 2 and 3 on console.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:54 AM - 08/03/12 »
i guess you re the first trying out ballistic in gow3, and im sure it can definitely help there
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:01 AM - 08/03/12 »
Yea I've been messin with ballistics and Gears but haven't had A LOT of success as of yet. If I find the "Holy Grail" I'll be sure to post it. Honestly, I get a little frustrated with ballistics because you always have to reset those little buggers and it takes along time. Hopefully, a default reset or something will be added in the near future along with some kind of equalizer option.

Offline manster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:52 PM - 08/03/12 »
Thanks for the replies. I got my Edge last night and I have been playing about 5 times better. I think I like the no LCD on Edge, because i dont mess around with settings and pay more attention to the game. The new translator with 30/30/30 support works very well. Currently I am using around 42.50/23.10 Hip/Ads with 1:1 @ 3200DPI (G9) and its working pretty darn good. High Senstivity is important here since the look mechanic is has acceleration in the start and that somewhat skips the low part in the beginning of the aim.

So far I am very happy. And RML what's your gamertag, would be great if I can play with any other fellow XIM users on gears.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:26 PM - 08/04/12 »
RMLs gamertag can be found right under the avatar

Admin