XIM Community

COD4 discussion  (Read 7496 times)

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
Re: COD4 discussion
« Reply #30 on: 05:04 PM - 03/07/08 »
Would rather play CoD4 on PS3 if I could but I have yet to find a good Ps3 to Ps2 converter that allows me to use old Guitar Hero controllers as well as the ability to use the Star Power and what not. . . If any of you know of this adapter let me know please. . .

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06:29 PM - 03/07/08 »
I'm heading online now, see you all there.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06:43 PM - 03/07/08 »
@ sick,

Should have someone over in the UK go to a I forget the name....FMV store (I think? help?) and sell it to ya. That's my idea and I'm sticking to it.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11:32 PM - 03/07/08 »
Wasn't really anyone online tonight. Oh well, I was sucking anyway.

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #34 on: 01:19 AM - 03/08/08 »
I played with you for like 4 minutes....connection interrupted again!! I was 8-1!! Died right away...ran off 8 quick kills, called in the heli, disconnected!! @#$% IT

I went 49-3 the other day. Upped my kill streak to 32!

Offline Mr_Niceguy85

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06:08 AM - 03/21/08 »
Question?

Does anyone ever notice a weird lag in the game? 

Let me better explain that...Sometimes I am running around a corner and there is a guy running toward me.  Now as soon as I get around the corner I see him and pull up my sights and start shooting but get killed.  As I watch the replay it looks as though I had ran into the picture about 1 to 1.5 seconds before I started shooting even though I know that I started shooting right as I got around the corner.

Another example...I will run-up to someone and go to knife them and it will look like I am knifing directly at them but will miss and they will either shoot me or knife me.  As I watch the replay it looks like I was trying to knife the air where they were.  But I was clearly looking right at them when I used my knife.

I would normally chalk it up as the person just got the jump on me or just happen to move out of the way at the right moment but it is happening a lot and is really starting to make me mad.

Is this just something that I am experiencing or are others getting frustrated by this?  What is the cause of this and what is the cure?  I have tried turning my display settings down to 480p to see if that will help and it doesn’t. 

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

paulybear

« Reply #36 on: 06:19 AM - 03/21/08 »
Happens to me very often. It'll be because you're playing with people from the other side of the world lol.

Cod 4 really needs some kind of search by ping option  :-\

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12:56 PM - 03/21/08 »
I've had that happen way too much. Haven't actually played online in a while now, might not be on COD4 much more. Once GTA4 hits that's all I'll be playing.

The one I recall the best is I saw someone looking the other way, ran up to do a knife, saw the knife go across the screen,  but then I died. On the replay, it shows me running up, but him turning around and shooting me. No knife, nothing, even though I saw it happen.

Offline Mr_Niceguy85

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06:13 AM - 03/24/08 »
Happens to me very often. It'll be because you're playing with people from the other side of the world lol.

Cod 4 really needs some kind of search by ping option  :-\

Looks like you were right on.  I decided to jump out of every game until i became the host of the game and when I finally got one that I was hosting I did not have a single problem.  I guess I will just try to host games now instead of jumping into one that is half way around the world.  IW should really fix this.  They should make it so that players jump into games that are in their area or at least give you the choice anyways.  Thanks again for the help.

paulybear

« Reply #39 on: 10:02 AM - 03/24/08 »
I guess that now they'll be having the problems that you were :D

Offline Mr_Niceguy85

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10:34 AM - 03/30/08 »
So how do the other games such as UT3 or RFOM do it?  Do they have the same problems as COD4 such as not being able to choose what room you want to play in based on ping?  Or are they better than COD4 in the multiplayer arena?

Offline myersn024

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07:21 AM - 03/31/08 »
So how do the other games such as UT3 or RFOM do it?  Do they have the same problems as COD4 such as not being able to choose what room you want to play in based on ping?  Or are they better than COD4 in the multiplayer arena?

I don't have a clue, since the only game I have is COD4. I'm sure someone else here can answer that for you, though.