XIM Community

Does XIM Edge decrease input lag on Battlefield3 (PS3) ?  (Read 5843 times)

Offline Fuzzy_Wumpus

• View Profile
Re: Does XIM Edge decrease input lag on Battlefield3 (PS3) ?
« Reply #15 on: 08:22 AM - 07/12/12 »
Okay, sounds good.

So, I think i'm gonna buy XIM Edge only because I hate play BF3 (ps3) with controller.

Thanks for your words!

Cool.  But if it doesn't work for you like it is for me, don't hold me responsible.  I'm just saying it worked great for me.

Offline Chritalia

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Priest13_
« Reply #16 on: 11:59 AM - 07/12/12 »
I Use Plasma  :) and no problems  :)

Panasonic P50ST50 !
  ;)

Offline gear

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: gearflux
« Reply #17 on: 01:45 PM - 07/12/12 »
Okay, sounds good.

So, I think i'm gonna buy XIM Edge only because I hate play BF3 (ps3) with controller.

Thanks for your words!

Cool.  But if it doesn't work for you like it is for me, don't hold me responsible.  I'm just saying it worked great for me.

I won't, off course! But as far as I can see, I will have the same feeling that you had when you tried XIM Edge with BF3 :)

Offline gear

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01:47 PM - 07/12/12 »

Panasonic P50ST50 !
  ;)

You say you have no problems with input lag on BF3 ? Or are you saying that you bought XIM Edge and now BF3 seems better than playing with Dual Shock ?

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #19 on: 10:43 PM - 07/12/12 »

Panasonic P50ST50 !
  ;)

You say you have no problems with input lag on BF3 ? Or are you saying that you bought XIM Edge and now BF3 seems better than playing with Dual Shock ?

he is saying that unlike LCD's Plasma tv's don't have any input lag.
dude you really need to learn what input lag is..
soon..

Offline gear

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04:49 AM - 07/13/12 »

Panasonic P50ST50 !
  ;)

he is saying that unlike LCD's Plasma tv's don't have any input lag.
dude you really need to learn what input lag is..

I know how to identify Input Lag at gameplay. About TV's/Monitors, yes, I don't know much. But that's why I have questions, and I'm trying to figure out my main problem about playing BF3. If I have doubts/question, I use forums.
I have a LCD, and I have some input lag. But I've tested the game at somes LED's and there is still input lag.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #21 on: 05:13 AM - 07/13/12 »
I know how to identify Input Lag at gameplay.

that doesn't mean you know what input lag is. and clearly you don't when you say this:

As many of you know, Battlefield 3 on PS3 suffers some input lag on aiming, it has been improved on the last patch but it's not enough.

what you should have said is just LAG and not input lag. those are 2 very different things.

But that's why I have questions, and I'm trying to figure out my main problem about playing BF3. If I have doubts/question, I use forums.
I have a LCD, and I have some input lag. But I've tested the game at somes LED's and there is still input lag.

1- LED is a type of LCD, not a different Panel type entirely. LED refers to the type of illumination used of the LCD Panel.

2- Both old LCD's or new one's (LED enabled) suffer from the same problems when it comes to input lag. the problem is their image possessing (which is quite frankly not needed for any type of gaming on a good system)

3- instead of making random, basic or stupid questions i tend to first inform myself before i resort to forums, google and wikipedia would make you an "expert" on this matter in little above 5 minutes without any reason for shame.

4- the GTMax may introduce a stupid amount of input lag and that is a big advantage that the XIMEdge has over the XIM3. the XIM itself, be it the 3 or the Edge, does not bring any noticeable input lag. it's bellow 10ms, which can be treated as if it doesn't exist.

5- input lag is the same on BF3 for PS3 and Xbox360 as it only depends on your tv and controller. and the official controllers, PS3 or Xbox, add no input lag.

6- BF3 on PS3 does run more laggy than on Xbox and the reason is that the console has less "muscle" for the game's demanding graphics and Dice did not compensate this accordingly. Dice did improve this a lot last patch.

7- I don't want to be offensive in any way, so please don't make me try so hard LOL xP
soon..

Offline gear

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07:09 AM - 07/13/12 »
Very helpful your post! Thanks mate for your time, and patience!

I will do a "deep" search next time. 8)

My main problem is that I don't want to buy XIM Edge just for BF3 and feel like a @#$% game again. Because I don't want to buy a top PC just to play it.

I came from old school FPS games and skills for long years. Now I just want to feel that again, but this time, on PS3!

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #23 on: 07:39 AM - 07/13/12 »
Very helpful your post! Thanks mate for your time, and patience!

I will do a "deep" search next time. 8)

My main problem is that I don't want to buy XIM Edge just for BF3 and feel like a @#$% game again. Because I don't want to buy a top PC just to play it.

I came from old school FPS games and skills for long years. Now I just want to feel that again, but this time, on PS3!

np.

look, you get the same lag with the XIMEdge as you do with the DualShock. so my best advice is that if the lag bothers you too much using the controller than even the XIM can't help you.

i have a GTX560M on my laptop and i have BF3 original only for the PS3, i bought it after ending the SP on PC and i don't regret it one bit. ofc graphics are worst on console, waaaay worst, and pings suck compared.
but other than that the game low responsiveness (what you were calling input lag in the beginning) is now acceptable after the last patch for me..
if i were gaming versus other mouse users i might have a higher demand but since most enemys are playing on gamepads the advantage more than compensates any slight lag (in my case, the game's,ping and the GTMax)
soon..

Offline gear

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08:50 AM - 07/13/12 »
Yes it's way better after last patch, but It could be even more responsive like Bad Company 2. But I think I will have to deal with it. My K/D ratio is a little bit better after the last patch.

Offline saint72

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: saint72
« Reply #25 on: 07:17 AM - 07/29/12 »
anyone running 5700dpi on PS3 got any ADS and HIP settings to try? cant seem to find a setting I am really happy with so would liek to try some that others have had joy with?

Admin