XIM Community

Config Cycling  (Read 1451 times)

Offline realwizard

• View Profile
Config Cycling
« on: 11:15 PM - 07/26/12 »
Has anyone been using the config cycling feature? It's not working for me: I have two profiles set up (BF3 infantry and land vehicles) and neither 'previous config' nor 'next config' buttons seem to be doing anything. XIME does recognize the keyboard buttons correctly, though: I am able to use those buttons to switch to a specific setup as usual, but I am not able to do config cycling.

I'm using Razer Nostromo.

Offline R870G30

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: R870G30
Re: Config Cycling
« Reply #1 on: 11:03 AM - 07/28/12 »
I just got my XIM a few days ago and I seem to have got everything working except for this same issue. I can't cycle through configs.

I did a little test and saw that when I assigned it to my ps3 navigation controller/joystick circle button it would go to the next config - once then stop cycling. When I try to bind it to the Playstation button on the joystick it's a no-go. It does nothing at all. I'm using a Razer Imperator 2012 for my mouse so there aren't a bunch of extra buttons to bind to.

Is there an issue with binding to the PS button on a navigation controller/joystick or with cycling in general?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 11:12 AM - 07/28/12 »
Hmm, this is strange. How are you setting the buttons in Manager?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline R870G30

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: R870G30
« Reply #3 on: 08:07 PM - 07/28/12 »
I've been using the manager to set the motion to joystick. I've set the other controls while in games. I've been able to assign all of the in-game buttons just fine. I can play the games without a problem, I just can't cycle between configs. So far I've played Skyrim, MW3, and Ghost Recon - Future Soldier. All of the buttons bind without an issue. It's only the config cycling I can't seem to get working.

I tried to re-assign the config-cycle button to another button to see if the Playstation button just wasn't configurable but I still saw no reaction from the XIM Edge. I was able to get it to switch to the next config one time then stop before but I can't even get it to do that again. (I assume that's what happened this morning - I hit a button and the color changed to that of another config and I realized I assigned the wrong joystick button which I confirmed in the manager.) I tried binding it to just X and O but nothing happens.

To switch between games I've been connecting the XIM to my laptop and changing the startup config. It's getting to be a bit monotonous. I assume I'm doing something wrong somewhere but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 10:10 PM - 07/28/12 »
None of the RC Testers reported this and I just tried it and it worked perfectly.

Can anyone else comment try this out and comment on it?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline fsp48

• Mention XIM if on PSN and want a response
    • View Profile
    • Cost effective fleet and asset tracking
  • PSN ID: PS_C0NV1RT
« Reply #5 on: 11:06 PM - 07/28/12 »
I read your post which prompted me to try the new feature which works fine for me so I can say what I did so see if that helps.  I just started fresh since the latest drop so I put on a BF3 profile. I then copied it in the manager.  Since I use the G13 I set the g8 and g9 keys to cycle profiles as a master <settings> on the bottom left of the manager.  I have the profile hotkey set to "none" on BF3 since I just use the cycle keys mentioned above.  Now for the copy I named it to "BF3 Vehicles" so I could move the mouse speed up and change some keys.  I have the profile "hotkey" set to the g13's g7 key set to <Temporary Toggle> in the <more settings> located at the bottom of the "BF3 Vehicles" config screen.  So I have red for regular bf3 and green for the renamed copy.  I assume it just would cycle through just like any other config with my cycle buttons but with this feature the hotkey acts like the caps lock key does for capital letters but for activating the bf3 vehicles profile on then off and when off having the last main profile I was using being active without needing to cycle anything. 
« Last Edit: 12:18 AM - 07/29/12 by fsp48 »
Sony PS3 Slim 320GB / Lian Li Mini Q PC-V354A MicroATX Gamer
XIM3 w/GTMax Mod / XIM Edge w/DS3 SixAxis
MS X6 / Sony Nav / N52te / G13 / G700 5700 DPI
PS3 3d Display / Sony HMZ-T1 720p 3d OLED HMD / Optoma GT750 3d DLP / Optoma PK-301 LED Pico DLP
Actiontec My Wireless TV  HD Kit
Sony PS3 Wireless Headset / Tritton AX Pro

Admin