XIM Community

PS3 version of XIMconfig.exe  (Read 8526 times)

Offline myersn024

• View Profile
PS3 version of XIMconfig.exe
« on: 08:43 AM - 02/25/08 »
If you're like me, you have a really fun time trying to remember which Xbox 360 button corresponds to which PS3 button while editing configuration files. So, here's a PS3 version of XIMconfig.exe with all the relevant buttons renamed to match their PS3 counterparts. All credit goes to the original author of XIMconfig.exe, I just hex edited it.

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 version of XIMconfig.exe
« Reply #1 on: 09:13 AM - 02/25/08 »
Oh, I can't wait to try this out. Definitely took some trial and error to get that right my first time, and I still have to think about which button is which. This will help speed that up.

Thanks

Offline myersn024

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:15 AM - 02/25/08 »
I did all the hex editing from memory, so if anyone finds any errors in the button translation from Xbox to PS3, let me know and I'll fix it.

Offline Jedimaster1

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Dyonisus41
  • PSN ID: SithLord5577
« Reply #3 on: 07:01 PM - 03/05/08 »
Could you repost the file? Thanks.

Offline myersn024

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:07 PM - 03/05/08 »
It's on my computer at work, so it'll be tomorrow before I can re-post it. What's wrong with the download link above?

Offline myersn024

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:47 AM - 03/06/08 »
Nevermind my previous post...for some reason the download isn't available anymore. Grab it from here -> clicky

Offline solidfood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:34 PM - 03/25/08 »
myersn,

How come the keys for "Digital Stick" is actually for the analog stick? The up,right,down,left keys in the "Buttons" is actually for teh digital stick? Please correct me if I am wrong

Offline Mr_Niceguy85

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:37 PM - 03/25/08 »
Myersn024,

I noticed (and it may just be me) that the L3 and R3 are backwards on the config.exe. R3 in COD4 is the melee button but when I set it up for R3 on the config.exe it was the sprint button which is the L3 button for COD4.  and vice-versa.  Just thought you might want to know.

Offline solidfood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:27 PM - 03/25/08 »
Mr Niceguy,

yes that is another mistake i notice too. L3 is switched with R3

Offline myersn024

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:07 AM - 03/26/08 »
I didn't realize I had switched anything around....I did the editing of the file from memory, and oddly enough, I haven't had to use it since making the changes to it. I'll look into the problems and try to get the problems fixed.

Offline spodboy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:18 AM - 04/01/08 »
Any news on an updated version of this with fixes ??? Thanks ;D

Offline myersn024

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:21 AM - 04/01/08 »
I'll try to get it up today. I've been busy at work and haven't done much once I get home lately. Some people have reported that XIMConfig.exe doesn't always work properly anyway, and since I just hex-edited the original executable nothing else, code wise, is different. I may try to write my own configurator instead of hacking up Spectra9's version.

On a side note, I just realized that my download link is to a file that I was playing around with where I hex'ed out the original author's name, so I took the file down. The removal of the author's name was not intended to be in the release. I was showing a guy I work with how a hex editor works. I'll get a more appropriate download ready and post the link today.....hopefully.
« Last Edit: 07:24 AM - 04/01/08 by myersn024 »

Offline spodboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:00 AM - 04/01/08 »
Awesome :) I look forward to it :)

Offline ariser

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:28 PM - 04/02/08 »
me too :)

Offline myersn024

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:06 AM - 04/03/08 »
Update for all you PS3 XIM'ers out there:

I started work on my own version of a XIM configurator this morning. I haven't gotten much done yet, but I'm on my way. I'll hopefully have something out by the weekend.

Here's a screenshot of what I've got so far. It look a whole lot like Spectra9's XIM configurator, but I've created it completely from scratch. I just used Spectra9's program as a reference for laying everything out to keep some continuity between the two config generators. I decided to go ahead and set default values for the digital stick, but I made everything else's default be blank since all games are different. Saving and loading is inoperable at the moment, but that's the next step. I'm thinking about adding a nifty feature that I think most of you would enjoy. I won't say anything else since it probably won't be in the initial release, but I'm pretty sure I'll implement it in a later version.

« Last Edit: 09:36 AM - 04/03/08 by myersn024 »

Admin