XIM Community

COD5:WaW - Tanks removed from hard core  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
COD5:WaW - Tanks removed from hard core
« on: 11:43 AM - 03/04/09 »
Thank god!

K/D ratio is up to 2.33!

Offline UnrealChrisG

• View Profile
Re: COD5:WaW - Tanks removed from hard core
« Reply #1 on: 01:02 AM - 03/05/09 »
They should just remove tanks Period.

Offline mutejute

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:23 AM - 03/05/09 »
They also made an update for Free For All. Huge maps are now added, and tanks can be used as well.  Because the map is so huge, its taking time to seek enemy players. I find it ok at first, its a refreshing to see other maps (I play more FFA than team-based). But they should have at least not included the tanks! Nobody bothers to take down the tanks, because whos going to watch your back? Im actually ok with tanks in team deathmatch (but i dont use them), but this is free-for-all!

Im not sure with FFA hardcore, will check that out.

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:20 AM - 03/05/09 »
They should just remove tanks Period.

Agreed. This is COD, leave tanks for BF: BC

Offline mtgtopdeck

• ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:35 PM - 03/05/09 »
They also changed the maps available for hardcore war.

you can get any map!

9 vs 9 hardcore war on Dome is AMAZING! lol

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:47 PM - 03/10/09 »
I prefer COD 4 over WAW, just the feel of the game is better for me.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Uncarved

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:41 PM - 03/14/09 »
That's cool, wish they'd just remove them totally though.

Although I'm not too keen on hardcore (though I only played it once), because it reduces aiming skill to almost worthless in favour of positioning (ie. tactical play, whoever is in a better position and fires first wins). I think the default game has a good enough balance between the 2 that both are valuable.

TBH I bought my XIM to be able to aim so a game mode that doesn't value aim is not value for money :) Curious if anyone has a convincing counter argument though as like I said I've not played it. Just seems very campy and I would do just as well with a control pad and playing smart as I would with a XIM and playing smart.

It's not just the aim too, strafing is just as important as aiming, but in hardcore mode you die so fast that no matter how good your strafing you will die, whereas with higher health you get more advantage in a firefight by dodging bullets.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #7 on: 09:44 AM - 04/03/09 »
Very valid arguments and it would be hard to offer counter-arguments.

I prefer hardcore, but mostly because non-hardcore is a spam-fest :)

There are pros and cons to both.  Hardcore is definitely campy, but my score is much higher when I don't camp.  And no one can out-snipe an XIM user.  Hell, with an XIM, you never even need to use a sniper scope.  You can use a silenced weapon, still have enough damage to 1-shot (hardcore), and still shoot across the map with pixel-perfect accuracy.

Hell, I remember playing CoD4 and sniping with a desert eagle on every map for sh!ts and giggles.

In closing - I totally agree that the XIM seems to give more of an advantage in non-hardcore games.  But, the lack of team damage adds a ton of spraying and spamming to the game.  Also, movement is NOT an area that the XIM helps with, imo.  People who are use to Gamepads still move very well - just as well as XIM users.  So yeah, you have better aim, but you don't need it when you can shoot through teammates, spam grenades, etc.  In hardcore, it still takes aim, but it also takes tactics and coordination.

The XIM probably shines the best in FFA games - but thats just me.  Personally, I just feel that FFA is so... 1980's.  We've done that so many times with Doom, Quake, UT, etc.  And if you are playing CoD for Free For All, then you are wasting time that could be spent playing MUCH better games for that type of gameplay, imo.

Offline x7rEmE

• Lifes A Struggle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:43 AM - 05/01/09 »
wooot  tanks are happy
XIM3 Supporter