XIM Community

Ballistic Curve Basics  (Read 61057 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Ballistics Basics
« Reply #30 on: 11:11 AM - 07/08/12 »
Make sure to share your curves.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01:36 PM - 07/08/12 »
Female audience you heard the chief, right?
Crusade atm: none

Offline ZimZimSalabim

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01:49 PM - 07/08/12 »
Hey three wheels can you create a similar one for me if you have the time? I don't have one of those cables. I use hip sensitivity 22.80 and ADS 14.85 delay 0ms.

Edit- oh wait I can make it myself I could just paste it into edge and change the sensitivity right?
« Last Edit: 01:54 PM - 07/08/12 by ZimZimSalabim »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01:58 PM - 07/08/12 »
Yes
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #34 on: 02:27 PM - 07/08/12 »
Make sure to share your curves.

ROFLMAO!

Female audience you heard the chief, right?

if only it wasn't a myth and females actually existed in this forum...  ::)
soon..

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03:33 PM - 07/08/12 »
Hey we've had one or two in the past, they just never stick around. At one point I thought Alexia was our most active female member before I found out he wasn't a female.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ZimZimSalabim

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04:17 PM - 07/08/12 »
Hey when I uncheck ADS and hip fire in ballistics that means I've disabled it, correct?

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07:17 PM - 07/08/12 »
Hey when I uncheck ADS and hip fire in ballistics that means I've disabled it, correct?

yes, it should be disabled when UNchecked.

Offline Erick_Avila9095

• View Profile
    • Premium Bee Line Hemp Wick
  • Gamertag: Own Console only, no online Gamertag :)
  • PSN ID: ErickAvila
« Reply #38 on: 03:30 PM - 07/09/12 »
I done mine simular to what threewheels done and on mw3 ran with it an ads was a little to quick so tuned down my sensitivity a little an then it was on awsome.

I also tried the same ADS from Threewheels and it was indeed a little too fast for me too although it's playable so it's just probably not our personal preference of boost.

I noticed it also converted/changed my sensitivities. I switched them back to mine and only moved the dots while still having it all aligned & it seems to work extremely well while having my personal sensitivities. I still haven't tried many different alignments so I don't even know why I'm typing here...off to go experiment with it now that I finally have time since I've been too busy to play for almost 2 days ;D

It would be awesome to have some way of moving the dots while having all of them perfectly aligned straight*****
I have to literally put my face right on the laptop screen to have them PERFECTLy aligned...maybe I'm just a little blind  ::)

Offline lc505

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04:27 PM - 07/09/12 »
Sorry for the noob question but does all this basically detract from 1:1 ? As in it's a more advanced, time-based accel or boost or whatever?

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04:46 PM - 07/09/12 »

I also tried the same ADS from Threewheels and it was indeed a little too fast for me too although it's playable so it's just probably not our personal preference of boost.

I also only run 3000dpi on my mouse, so if you run a higher dpi, these changes might be more pronounced.  you'll need to adjust your sensitivity accordingly, or maybe even modify the curve a bit.  you can still run a low sensitivity with boost, and it will feel different than just low sensitivity by itself.

Sorry for the noob question but does all this basically detract from 1:1 ? As in it's a more advanced, time-based accel or boost or whatever?

as long as the curve is parallel with the white line, you'll have 1:1.  On my boost curve, only the very start of the curve is not 1:1, and you move past that point so quickly, it's not noticeable most of the time.  Most of the boost curve represents 1:1, it's just offsets to a higher starting speed.

Offline Erick_Avila9095

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12:01 PM - 07/10/12 »

adjust your sensitivity accordingly, or maybe even modify the curve a bit.  you can still run a low sensitivity with boost, and it will feel different than just low sensitivity by itself.

Well after a day of testing various ways I found it to work pretty well by yes lowering the line more since I have a lower DPI. However, the boost is just gonna make me too accustomed to it since I noticed that my mouse movements needed to change to be able to adjust to it. I do plan to move to PC someday so I don't want to get accustomed to boost.

I decided to just stick with my default sensitivities, I'm getting a little more accustomed to the XIM Edge since it's feeling better due to me now realizing that the GT max adapter on XIM3 indeed had sort of lag. I have to somewhat move my mouse a little slower and push as freely as I want now so I can get my ADS drag shots like before on XIM3.

I thank you for wanting to help :)

As of last night I am now happy with my XIM Edge on MW3 ;)

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #42 on: 10:06 AM - 07/11/12 »
The squares the squares those little things are driving me insane.
Mr Obsiv sir would it be possible to have a few more lines struck across the big box running paralell with the central corner to corner line.
It may just stop me from going cross eyed trying to line them up evenly just thought.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12:52 PM - 07/11/12 »
I tried the second balistic curve from threewheels and it feels like aim assit to me, I can get used to when it goes from slow to fast. I am sure is just something my brain needs to ajust to but I feels like I dont have the "fast at the one moment" reaction.

Offline Erick_Avila9095

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04:16 PM - 07/11/12 »
I tried the second balistic curve from threewheels and it feels like aim assit to me, I can get used to when it goes from slow to fast.

Well take in consideration that it's generally based for higher sensitivities. That's why you can move w/ high-speed precision if you make bigger movements with mouse and while moving the mouse slowly you get that low-speed precision which makes you aim into an enemy and catch plenty of aim assist since you're precision is low and only aiming onto the enemies body.

If you would want to get accustomed to this I guess you have to try making big movements while moving around. After spotting an enemy aim toward him and make slow movements since the aim assist will be powerful for having that low-speed precision aiming towards the enemies body. If the aim assist is too hard then make a big sweep's to the mouse to go back to the high-speed precision.