XIM Community

Ballistic Curve Basics  (Read 51842 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Ballistics Basics
« Reply #15 on: 10:09 PM - 07/04/12 »
Great Idea Doctorandrew, I just edited my OP and added the curve data for those plots, so people can paste them into their XIM Edge.

Absolutely, that's why I added this feature!
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #16 on: 02:22 AM - 07/06/12 »
I currently use the 11 sensitivity mod on MW3... Could Ballistics help reduce the added acceleration from the higher sensitivity & be closer to 1:1? 

I know it will never be truly 1:1 since the Smart Translator was made for 10 Sense but I just love been able to quickly 180-360 while Aiming down sight & having the higher turn speed in general :)
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03:17 AM - 07/06/12 »
You should be able to reduce mouse hardware acceleration, there should be no acceleration by the ST.

A smart translator is 1:1 only at 10 sens? Since when, thatís new to me. Is that so Obsiv?
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:41 AM - 07/06/12 »
I don't use Hardware Acceleration on my Mouse.

I think I may of slightly of confused you.... When you use In-Game Sensitivity 11 on MW3 (Via hex Mod) The Look-Mechanic of the game is quite different from 10 Sensitivity (Added Acceleration).

The Turning Cap is ridiculous fast on both Hip-Fire & Aiming Down Sight but can easily be controlled with the XIM & tbh it's the closest thing I've felt to near PC-Like "Free Move"

On this Youtube video skip to around 3 Min 55 Secs & watch how fast the player spins (Impossible to control with a Controller)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3GF4Ratnbs&hd=1
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline spinal_chord

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: spinal_chord
« Reply #19 on: 04:03 AM - 07/06/12 »

I think I may of slightly of confused you.... When you use In-Game Sensitivity 11 on MW3 (Via hex Mod) The Look-Mechanic of the game is quite different from 10 Sensitivity (Added Acceleration).

The Turning Cap is ridiculous fast on both Hip-Fire & Aiming Down Sight but can easily be controlled with the XIM & tbh it's the closest thing I've felt to near PC-Like "Free Move"

On this Youtube video skip to around 3 Min 55 Secs & watch how fast the player spins (Impossible to control with a Controller)

So are you using in-game sensitivity of 11 with xim3 or edge????

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04:48 AM - 07/06/12 »

OK got you, yes you should be able to get rid of the acceleration at MW3 11 superheavyinsane.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:14 AM - 07/06/12 »
yeah, you would probably need to make something that curves down a bit, like a wide upside down U. 

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11:27 AM - 07/06/12 »
And then you have ten again :)

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04:52 PM - 07/06/12 »
naw, not if you make most of the curve above the 45 degree line.  it won't really be an upside down 'u', more like the curve on a lower case "r".  besides, that video looked a LOT faster than 10 sensitivity lol.

of course, this is all a guess until someone actually tries it and figures out what works.

Offline G4M3P4DS SU#K

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:44 AM - 07/07/12 »
Reading these threads make me feel so STUPID !!  ??? :P

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02:26 AM - 07/07/12 »
Reading these threads make me feel so STUPID !!  ??? :P

Yeah me too but I'm learning..... slowly :P

Maybe mist4fun could help?
« Last Edit: 03:10 AM - 07/07/12 by He4DHuNt3r »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #26 on: 05:12 AM - 07/07/12 »
Best way to learn is to try it out. By far, real time curve editing is a great way to tune to exactly your liking.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01:35 PM - 07/07/12 »
I added some explanations of how the curve works in the OP.  Like OBsIV said, the best way to learn this stuff is to just try it.  I remember spending HOURS with the XIM2 by myself in a private match just trying different settings, one at a time, until I understood what was happening. 

At first it was very confusing, but after some time, the light bulb went off, and I learned how to make some pretty nice configs.

Offline Erick_Avila9095

• View Profile
    • Premium Bee Line Hemp Wick
  • Gamertag: Own Console only, no online Gamertag :)
  • PSN ID: ErickAvila
« Reply #28 on: 02:30 PM - 07/07/12 »
Thanks threewheels :)

After reading the entire thread I now have an idea on how this works, not that hard to comprehend as it appeared.

I myself definitely need this for MW3, I think boost is what I am looking for.

On XIM3 I used same primary translators instead of ads.1 translator which made it feel more feel/boosty while still retaining control. Now with Edge the ADS.1 it's exactly, too snappy/sticky.

My hip is fine, only problem is secondary ADS so I'm gonna go ahead and paste the "boost" code and take off the enable on primary so that stays the same. After trying it out and maybe tweaking I'll come back to leave an update on how it works or if I need some help on something.

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #29 on: 09:32 AM - 07/08/12 »
I done mine simular to what threewheels done and on mw3 ran with it an ads was a little to quick so tuned down my sensitivity a little an then it was on awsome I was doing 23 for 3 in every game until I got by the mw3 lag lag lag an stopped playing.
It is a learning curve lol but the best way to learn to swim is to jump in an go for it knowing full well your life depends on it.